Highlighted
Dec 11 2011
By: germanprz64 First Son 1 posts

2 of my friend got BF3 but the can play because the cant do the update , ???

3 replies 174 views Edited Dec 11, 2011

2 of my friends got BF3 but the can not play it because dont leting them do the  update , one ask for 10.00 dollar charge and the other get eror , why

is this happening ......?????? 

Message 1 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3821 posts

Re: 2 of my friend got BF3 but the can play because the cant do the update , ???

Dec 11, 2011

This is the playstation home support forums.  I don't know much about BF3 but maybe the BF3 has a code for online play?  Did your friend put the code in?  That is one thing I've noticed with newer games today.  Charging for online game play, like a ticket.  And most are 10.00.  Either buy the game new or just get a used one and buy the online ticket to play the game.  That sounds like your problem. 

Now with the update problem, I would have the friend go into account management and deactiveate the account from the ps3 and reactiveate the account to the ps3 again.  Put the game in and try to update the game again.  I hope this works for you.

Bambi-01us
Message 2 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Re: 2 of my friend got BF3 but the can play because the cant do the update , ???

Dec 11, 2011

it's better 2 post it n games forums not here n ps home support forums. no1 gonna help u here even me although i have BF3.

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Dec 11, 2011

In order to play Battlefield 3 online you'll need to own the BF3 Online Pass, which is available in the PlayStation Network store for $9.99. However, if they purchased the game new, there should be a redeemable code inside their game case.

As for the error trying to play with others.. if your friend is unable to join your game they probably do not have the "Back to Karkand" expansion pack - which is free to players who got the Limited Edition. This is my guess, good luck.

Message 4 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Likes