Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 05 2012
By: ShinMetsuHado First Son 7 posts

We need a new XMB, come on.

18 replies 3967 views Edited Jun 5, 2012

We had the same xmb that first dropped since the 1st psp just with a couple updates. First off I am not a fan of Xbox but I do like the way they treat there gamers over there. There always coming out with new ways to improve the interface on xbox a lot more smoother, fun, simple, and exciting. Also the entertainment apps on Xlb are way more exciting Hbo Go, ESPN (1,2,3,U), Nike+, and now there getting the NBA League pass this is complete B.S. Sony whats up make something happen here. I know this is not the first thread about this complaint, I was really hoping that this would of been one of those major anouncement at E3 this year but yet again I was let down. I'm a loyal Sony fan and I'm desperately wanting something new  on my Ps3 outside of gaming.

Message 1 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Re: We need a new XMB, come on.

Jun 5, 2012

To be honest, I love the XMB. I don't like how 360 is set up at all. XMB is easy, fast, clean, and has everything i want in a few quick taps. Nothing is over-complicated. 360 is horrifically confusing, difficult to navigate, I don't care for it at all.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Message 2 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Yea I know most people like it, idk I just feel like we need something new you. If not a big update bring us some new entertainment apps or something.

Message 3 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Xbox metro, the name of the new UI on the xbox dashboard is pretty fast, clean and has everything and more in a few clicks lol. It is even cooler with kinect and the voice commands and the controllerfree controls.

Message 4 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I can't stand the xmb, to many useless and duplicate icons and the settings section is the furthest from orginized, pita trying to find the one setting you want. Also hate how they made a second section for video related stuff then put a folder there and thats it, why didnt they just put that folder in the regular video section?

Xbox isn't much better, i used to LOVE the xbox daskboard untill they changed it from blades to nxe then nxe 2.0. The current xbox dashboard is just as bad if not worse than the xmb. Seems microsoft likes making the dashboard on xbox worse every time they update it.

I donno, to me it seems like both sony and microsoft like taking steps backwards when it comes to making a good, highly orginized ui.

Message 5 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I know exactyly what you mean, this is exactly why I made this thread. Something has to be done smh

Message 6 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I like the XMB, I feel the same way about it that I do the playstation controller, I cannot think of any way to improve on it. Unless you are someone who must tinker with settings constantly, it is about as simple as you can get. Custom tags make all of my stuff so easy to organize, and while I respect your opinion that it needs to change, what exactly do you think should happen? You are complaining about apps, that isn't an XMB problem, that is an app problem.

As for the Xbox system, I don't know how the argument would be made that it is smoother.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 7 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Yea I am complaining about apps and that is different problem from the xmb, but I still feel as if we do need an update on the xmb. I really don't hear anyone on here complaining about xbm but don't you think that they could add more stuff to it and update the the current UI on the system. I guess it doesn't have to be a new overhaul or something. But just something to make you say "Hey check out the new update, that feature is so cool". You know what I'm talking about. They give the PSN ID's a new look or a new look as too how the friends list appears. Or new background visualizers for when we play music etc. Work with me guys I know that they are things that annoy you with the present xmb, everyday or every other day you sign in and you see the same thing everyday that's not fun.

Message 8 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5449 posts

Jun 9, 2012

I love the Xmb, i prefer it very much over the 360's UI interface. I miss the blades dashboard back in 07 when i purchased a 360 that was the best time to be an xbox owner at the time.

What Sony needs to work on is the in-game xmb and cut out anything that deems useless.

Message 9 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

Jun 9, 2012

I doubt we'll see a re-haul of the PlayStation XMB until the PS4/Orbis/whatever they name it.

No point in redoing it when they're already working on the next console.

As for the apps, I couldn't agree more. I'd love for the next PlayStation to get more apps. But, you have to keep in mind, you have to pay Microsoft 60 bucks a year in order just to USE those apps, then pay whatever memberships for THOSE apps on top of it. Not worth it, IMO.

It's awesome that PS3 was the first to snag NFL (via Sunday Ticket), but I don't have an extra $200+ in my pocket to spend on it.

They also were the first console to get MLB.tv and NHL.

Sadly, still no UFC app....

I'd love for Sony to incorporate PS+ with these features in the future. I don't expect free Sunday Ticket, but, at least give members a nice sized discount to for those sport apps.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 19 (3,967 Views)
0 Likes