Apr 04 2012
By: Xer0Signal First Son 14 posts

Is "I AM ALIVE" freezing for anyone else?

18 replies 3766 views Edited Apr 4, 2012

Might be in the wrong forum, but this is driving me crazy.

I purchased I AM ALIVE from PSN last night, and, it keeps freezing immediately after the Ubisoft logo. I get to some kind of loading screen (presumably for the start menu), and it freezes up.

I deleted the game entirely, downloaded it again, installed it again, and same issue.

Anyone else having this problem? Any clue on how to fix it?

Thanks, and sorry again if this is in the wrong forum.

Message 1 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Is "I AM ALIVE" freezing for anyone else?

Apr 4, 2012

Hi, I'm getting the exact same thing.

I'm going to redownload the whole lot too and see if that does anything. It happens after the Ubisoft logo and the battery icon

Message 2 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Apr 4, 2012

Yep, that's the exact moment.

A couple of times, it would just loop the battery icon. I let it sit there earlier and it looped for 10 minutes, and then froze.

Are refunds even possible on PSN? This is simply not working, and, I'd rather use that $15 on a game that functions.

Message 3 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36027 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Xer0Signal wrote:

Yep, that's the exact moment.

A couple of times, it would just loop the battery icon. I let it sit there earlier and it looped for 10 minutes, and then froze.

Are refunds even possible on PSN? This is simply not working, and, I'd rather use that $15 on a game that functions.

Unless there's a fault with the software then no, no refunds are available from SEN (PSN), all sales are final.

Try deleting ALL the data for the game & re-download it again to see if this helps, if it doesn't then contacting Sony may be an option, having said that I'm not sure what they'll be able to say to assist you.

Message 4 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Hey,

Me too, i already have downloaded twice and the same problem happens. I don't know what to do next. Sony help us!

Message 5 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Just a thought, has anyone downloaded the demo, and bought the full game in the menu?

I redownloaded and still no luck, and I'm sure Sony should refund you for a purchase that doesn't work, there must be some sort of Trade Standards law you could use against them.

Message 6 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36027 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Like I said above if there's a fault in the software or download purchase then sure, Sony should give refunds or sort this out, but as far as I know there's only currently been the three of you with this error, in other words it doesn't appear to be widespread, at least not yet, so lets keep our eyes open for numerous Threads on this issue before blaming Sony & assuming there's a fault with the software or download process.

Message 7 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Apr 5, 2012

I'm not blaming Sony. Ubisoft is the one at fault.

Mine eventually started working last night, but, I had to download the demo version.

Enjoying it, but, this was a cluster___.

Message 8 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Hello,

I managed to play as well this morning, for the third time i deleted the entire game but i've downloaded only de DEMO. It seems that the unlock file was already in the PS3 and now I'm playing. I've contacted the PSN Support. Follows the reply of them:

From everything you have told me, I have not heard of anything to suggest that this problem is something that is common among PS3™ systems. For this situation, I recommend performing the following steps to remove any corrupted data from the Hard Disc Drive (HDD) of your PS3™ system:

- Go to the Game icon on the XrossMediaBar™(XMB™)

- Select Game Data Utility.

- Find the game title (if available)

- Press triangle, then choose "Delete". Please also delete the software title from the Game Menu by performing these same steps on the software title.

After deleting the game and game data, go into Safe Mode and select option 3 (Restore File System). The information below will assist you in accessing Safe Mode.

- Turn off the PS3™ by holding the Power button until the power light turns red.

- Press and hold the Power button until you hear 3 separate beeps (separated by about 5 seconds) and the power light goes from red to green and back to red.

- Press and hold the Power button again. This time listen for 2 single beeps (separated by about 5 seconds), followed by a rapid double beep. As soon as you hear the double beep, release the power button. The light on your system will still be green if this is done properly.

Next, perform the following steps to diagnose and troubleshoot the connection to the Internet. It may be possible that there is a problem during the download operation, which may be causing the game data to become corrupted:

- First disable your Media Server Connection. From your XrossMediaBar™(XMB™), go to Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection, and choose "Disable".

- Power-Cycle ALL Network Devices:

Unplug ALL of your network devices and equipment, making sure all lights on the modem and router are turned off for two (2) full minutes. Certain VOIP modems (where your telephone is connected to your modem) may have a battery installed. You will need to remove the battery in order for the modem to be completely turned off. More information on troubleshooting your wireless connection can be found here:

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/280

Once you have performed the steps above, please access your Download List by navigating to PlayStation®Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List. If the content still does not function properly after re-downloading, perform the steps above to delete the data, and then continue with the troubleshooting steps below:

- Try bypassing your router by connecting your PS3™ system directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable. More instructions on wired connections can be found here:http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/261

- Ensure that the firmware of your modem and router are at their latest versions.

- Make sure all ports are open in the firewall of your modem and/or router.http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

Finally, try connecting your PS3™ to the Internet in a different network environment (such as a friend's house) to see if you receive better results. If you do, the problem lies within your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer.

Message 9 of 19 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 5, 2012

I'm having the same issue and my firend who got it on Xbox has the same shit going on...

Message 10 of 19 (3,766 Views)