Jan 04 2011
By: Ludwigmeistr Lombax Warrior 217 posts

How is your server chosen? Is it based on the game, the PS3, or where you are?

4 replies 3 views Edited Jan 4, 2011

I would like to know, if possible, how to figure out what server I will be playing on depending on my hardware, software, and location.  The question pertains to me because I am originally from North America, but recently moved to Europe for school and will possibly remain here for work after my program is finished.  Right now I am curious for Demon's Souls, and eventually will want to know for "Project Dark".

I realise, obviously, when I am home in Canada and playing on my Canadian PS3 (assuming same as American?) with a Canadian version of Demon's Souls (bought at Walmart in Canada) that I am cleary going to be playing on the North American server when playing online.  Likewise, if my PS3 and game were bought in Germany while playing in Germany, then I'd be on the European server.

What happens if I take a Canadian (I keep saying Canadian because I don't know if there is any difference to an American PS3, or if North America is generic like the servers) PS3 with a Canadian version of Demon's Souls to Germany and try to play online there?  Will I be playing on the North American server, the Euro server, or will the online part not work at all?

I have already checked and I know my model of the PS3 slim does 100 ~ 240 and all that tax, and I have all necessary adapters/ converters so this isn't an electrical/technical question, its purely IT and online network related.  What component decides which server you play on?

Message 1 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: How is your server chosen? Is it based on the game, the PS3, or where you are?

Jan 4, 2011

It depends on where you are playing it in, asuming that you can't choose from a list of servers in demon's souls. Then yeah you would be playing in the european servers.

Message 2 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: How is your server chosen? Is it based on the game, the PS3, or where you are?

Jan 4, 2011

What about system updates? Are they based on the language of the system, or where you are as well?

EDIT: Thanks for replying!

Message 3 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 4, 2011

system updates have nothing to do with this. It happens to all, not just a particular person, or area most of the time. So yeah lets say i get an update, then everyone else gets one too just because you are living in europe doesnt mean you are gonna get updates any differenently. All of PSN gets it at the same time.

Message 4 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I don't think you'll be able to play at all because your game is NA, which is set to a different region than your playing. That or yes you will be playing on North American servers.

Message 5 of 5 (3 Views)
0 Likes