First Son
16 posts

Re: $50 credit to PS Store?

Jun 30, 2012

If you want to see if a message is really from the PSN , just check the avatar ,all official PSN messages are similar and can not be forwarded . Any refund or free game from PSN all have the same PSN avatar that no one else can acquire . Refer back too any refund of free game you received or official message like the one we all got if you remember the big PSN outage . Spam mail or any mail that seem strange in origin is how hacker spread their damage throughout  any network. I never forward any thing that say they are offering something free on behalf of Sony  think about It.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (3,127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1780 posts

Jul 3, 2012

LOL the PS3 was first released on November 11, 2006 which makes it 6 years old this Nov.

DBM520 wrote:

I got this message the other day claiming i could get $50 towards the PS Store (for free) if I foreward the message to all of my friends. It said it was in celebration of the PS3's 4th birthday, just send it to everyone in my friends list (on PSN) as well as the person who sent me the message (who isn't my "friend" on PSN). I also recieved a similar message about two weeks ago.

Does anybody know if these messages are legit? Will i actually get a $50 credit to the Playstation Store? Or will I get hacked, or get some virus or something like that? Has anyone else recieved messages like this? Does it work? Is it for real or just BS?

If anyone knows what the deal is with this, please let me know; a free $50 credit would be pretty nice!

-DBM520

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (3,101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2012

i think it really works someone has given me this message and at the end he told me the code i went at ps store at redeem codes i writed the code in there and then it told me this ''This PlayStationNetwork Card has a value of $50.00.Do you want to add these funds to your wallet?         Yes       No    I chosed Yes    and then it told me ''The funds could not be added to your wallet'' this means that if you have an original code i think it is going to work

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (3,079 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25974 posts

Jul 6, 2012

shukaku_gaara4 wrote:

i think it really works someone has given me this message and at the end he told me the code i went at ps store at redeem codes i writed the code in there and then it told me this ''This PlayStationNetwork Card has a value of $50.00.Do you want to add these funds to your wallet?         Yes       No    I chosed Yes    and then it told me ''The funds could not be added to your wallet'' this means that if you have an original code i think it is going to work

All this means is that the person who originally purchased the code used it, then decided to send out spam messages using the same code.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (3,076 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 8, 2012
No it is definitely not true. I get these messages all the time. If you actually redeem the code, it will ask to put $50 in your account. But then it says funds cannot be added. So really it's just a waste of time.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (3,054 Views)
0 Likes