Oct 12 2015
By: Alchemancy First Son 1 posts

Unlinking a "ghost" Spotify account from my PSN account.

6 replies 4255 views Edited Oct 12, 2015

Hello.

This has been a nightmare. I recently had my original PS3 stolen. I purchased a new one, activated the device, and logged in as my old PS3 account to download all my purchased games. Everything worked fine, except for PS3's Spotify app. Apparently, when I download the app again and try to log in as myself (same email address I always had), it prompts me to link my Spotify account with my PSN account, recognizing my profile picture and everything. I select the button to "Link Account" and I get an error message saying that Spotify account is already linked to a PSN. Please select another.

This is false. Here are the facts.

1. I've contacted PSN support by phone. They claimed there is no Spotify account under my username at all. That's simply untrue, or else I wouldn't be receiving the error message.

2. I've contacted Spotify support by email. They claimed I had two accounts tied to the same email, one Free and one Premium. I'm not sure how that's possible, but requested them to remove all devices from the Free acount and disable it competely. I've been a Premius user for over a year.

3. The account I originally linked with my first (stolen) PS3 was always the Premium account.

4. I obviously no longer have access to that PS3, so I am unable to unlink anything myself.

5. Spotify points me to PSN, PSN points me to Spotify.

I'm tired of the runaround. Spotify has done all they can on their end. They confirmed this is a PSN issue. I have emails and case numbers. Please look into this further and unlink whatever Spotify account is on my PSN!

Shaun.

Message 1 of 7 (4,255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Unlinking a "ghost" Spotify account from my PSN account.

Nov 7, 2015
Message 2 of 7 (4,144 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 16, 2015

Well this article has a section on how to manage your Spoitfy account to your PSN one online: https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PlayStation-Music-featuring-Spotify/?

Here's the webpage to go to, to manage your account link: https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details

Message 3 of 7 (4,079 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2015

Bratinish You are amazing! You're second link was exactly what I needed. I had deleted my email that my old PSN account was under and when I created my new one I couldnt figure out how to get rid until this. Thank you thank you thank you

Message 4 of 7 (4,030 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 10, 2015

Sorry for the late response. I haven't been on the community for a little while. You're very welcome! I need to get on these forums more often. I had another account I was leveled up on (communit y-wise), but it became my secondary account. Glad I could be of  service though! Have an awesome Christmas (or Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate).

Message 5 of 7 (3,965 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2016

Hey mate! Thanks heasp for your post, fixed my problem.

Message 6 of 7 (2,582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2017

It says I have no Linked accounts, but when I try to link my ps4 to it. It says it has already been linked to a psn account???? Please help??

Message 7 of 7 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes