Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2008
By: colonel007 Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

they won't stop until Sony dies!

23 replies 47 views Edited Dec 17, 2008

It is really amazing how everybody is against Sony and the PS3, the media, the analysts, fanboys, everybody. I am pro-Sony and I will defend Sony since thay are the ones that provide me with the games i like, unlike the other consoles, and like me, everyone in here most likely will defend Sony too. I am really curious as to why Sony got all this hate from, they have been getting really great games in two years that the system has been out, and unlike the competition, MOST of the games out are quality games, AAA potential, but what happens? The reviews are out and they complain because there was a pixel off, but when a game from the other competitor is out, they all praise it even if it is broken. I don't recall which site was, but they said something about GTA 4 that said "even with its flaws...." and it got a 10, so a game with flaws (and there are many) gets a 10, but when a Sony exclusive have a minor mistake they get the score down to 7.5, and if they can't find a problem then they will say the game is to kiddy (Ratchet and Clank), the game is a Tomb Raider Rip-off (Uncharted), .. but, but the first one sucked (Killzone 2), God of War wannabe (Heavenly Sword) , it's like a movie (MGS 4), see what I mean?...

They complain about the long cut-scenes, but if you time the cutscenes from MGS1, MGS2,  or MGS3, they are almost the same lenght, and nobody complained about it.

Then, when Sony announces something good, the media ALWAYS find a way to spin it in a bad way, like when Home was released, instead of saying, Home is out let's check this new experience, and this can only get better since it will be evolving overtime, they say, Home is broken, we waited years for this?, Why would I want to go Home? ,etc. ohhh but what happens when the other guys release their Mee Too?... Is the best experience ever, and the avatars are awesome, even thoough you can't do anything with them..

Then the analysts come and say, THE PS3 is a sinking ship? Sony sold X number of consoles, is going down!.. instead of saying, it is selling more consoles than the others Worldwide..

Well, I thnk that by now (if you still reading) got my point, and I don't have to explain it a bit further since you all know what is going on. I don't care who wins, cause I buy the console with the best games, and fot this generation was Sony, next gen I don't know, but I would really like to se a game, a feature or something that makes the ps3 sell more, and change the perspective it has now.

I remember when the N was getting a lot of bad press becausethe cube didn't sell and were saying "Is the N going the Sega way?" "If the N doesn't do good with the next gen, might be the end of it"...and look at them now, probably laughing their asses off of that stories..so I think that someday that is what is going to happen to Sony, if not with the PS3, may be with the PS4.

Rant over

Discuss

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (47 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
419 posts

Re: they won't stop until Sony dies!

Dec 17, 2008
Too long to read.

Sony will never die, at least we won't let it die. No only for PS but also because they sell other sorts of electrical apliances... of which are preaty good.

I ate my sig.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Dec 17, 2008
Did you ever stop to think that they are all scared.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11920 posts

Dec 17, 2008
As long as we, the gamers, keep buying Sony products and games for there Playstation, Sony will never die.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (47 Views)
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Dec 17, 2008

While Sony has gotten the short end of the stick some times (the sinking ship analogy) some of this they brought upon themselfs. How many gamers did Sony piss off when the PS3 was announced at 600 bucks, and while everyone was doing sticker shock to have Kutragi come out and say we want you to work hard for your PS3. He should have said we will work hard to make sure you get your 600 bucks out of it. And that was the begining of Sony's public relations problems. Throw in a botch launch, followed by medoicre sales it's first year, and the ousting of kutragi haven't helped the PS3 image

It's not that PS3 dosen't have it's good points but people look at it and go do I want to spend 400 dollers on a PS3 when I can get a 360 for 200-300 dollers.

Compounding the problem is the PS2, no it's not that it's around but just the fact that it was so big and so huge. After the wonder of the PS2 it kind of seems that Sony went from surving really big and thick T-bone steaks to serving rotting 7 day old hamburgers.

Message Edited by tommylink on 12-16-2008 11:42 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Dec 17, 2008

xLord-Slothx wrote:
As long as we, the gamers, keep buying Sony products and games for there Playstation, Sony will never die.

You are right to a degree, ask the People at Sega (I bought just about every Console & add-on made by Sega back in the day).

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11006 posts

Dec 17, 2008

You're quite right. People in the media, the industry, the fanboys, and all of that... they want to see the PlayStation 3 sink, because it's been pegged as the "bad apple" of this generation. How is that so? Well, it all has to do with sales. When a platform that has broken down in practically every user home out there, how does it do so well? They buy another, it being the cheaper (and presently cheapest) of the two. With a platform that has loads and loads of critically-panned games, how is this console the talk of the town? Well, not only is it cheap, but also it's a fad: this whole motion-sensing sensation. Bleh.

Personally, I thought that the GameCube was a good system. I know that it wasn't the best-selling platform out there, but I don't base my likes or dislikes on sales. I base it on the hardware itself and the games that come with it. With Sony's PlayStation 3, I think that the hardware is a phenomenal masterpiece, built correctly not to fail massively with the average consumer, and built not to carry pile after pile of cheapened gaming experiences. The PlayStation 3 gives myself and everyone else out there Blu-ray movies, it gives us games worthy of note, and beyond this it still does more and is offering more in the future: from firmware updates to even more explosive gaming additions.

I just wish that those who give the PlayStation 3 bad press would kick themselves in the mouth and keep their foot there to enjoy what they have, especially if they don't have it already (which it seems like a lot of these people don't).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Dec 17, 2008

colonel007 wrote:

It is really amazing how everybody is against Sony and the PS3, the media, the analysts, fanboys, everybody. I am pro-Sony and I will defend Sony since thay are the ones that provide me with the games i like, unlike the other consoles, and like me, everyone in here most likely will defend Sony too. I am really curious as to why Sony got all this hate from, they have been getting really great games in two years that the system has been out, and unlike the competition, MOST of the games out are quality games, AAA potential, but what happens? The reviews are out and they complain because there was a pixel off, but when a game from the other competitor is out, they all praise it even if it is broken. I don't recall which site was, but they said something about GTA 4 that said "even with its flaws...." and it got a 10, so a game with flaws (and there are many) gets a 10, but when a Sony exclusive have a minor mistake they get the score down to 7.5, and if they can't find a problem then they will say the game is to kiddy (Ratchet and Clank), the game is a Tomb Raider Rip-off (Uncharted), .. but, but the first one sucked (Killzone 2), God of War wannabe (Heavenly Sword) , it's like a movie (MGS 4), see what I mean?...

They complain about the long cut-scenes, but if you time the cutscenes from MGS1, MGS2,  or MGS3, they are almost the same lenght, and nobody complained about it.

Then, when Sony announces something good, the media ALWAYS find a way to spin it in a bad way, like when Home was released, instead of saying, Home is out let's check this new experience, and this can only get better since it will be evolving overtime, they say, Home is broken, we waited years for this?, Why would I want to go Home? ,etc. ohhh but what happens when the other guys release their Mee Too?... Is the best experience ever, and the avatars are awesome, even thoough you can't do anything with them..

Then the analysts come and say, THE PS3 is a sinking ship? Sony sold X number of consoles, is going down!.. instead of saying, it is selling more consoles than the others Worldwide..

Well, I thnk that by now (if you still reading) got my point, and I don't have to explain it a bit further since you all know what is going on. I don't care who wins, cause I buy the console with the best games, and fot this generation was Sony, next gen I don't know, but I would really like to se a game, a feature or something that makes the ps3 sell more, and change the perspective it has now.

I remember when the N was getting a lot of bad press becausethe cube didn't sell and were saying "Is the N going the Sega way?" "If the N doesn't do good with the next gen, might be the end of it"...and look at them now, probably laughing their asses off of that stories..so I think that someday that is what is going to happen to Sony, if not with the PS3, may be with the PS4.

Rant over

Discuss

Wait... are you saying that there is bias in the media? Nooooo wayyyyy. lol

Seriously, it's not worth fussing about. Enjoy the games, leave the rest to the fanboys.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Dec 17, 2008

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

colonel007 wrote:

They complain about the long cut-scenes, but if you time the cutscenes from MGS1, MGS2, or MGS3, they are almost the same lenght, and nobody complained about it.

Rant over

Discuss

Wait... are you saying that there is bias in the media? Nooooo wayyyyy. lol

Seriously, it's not worth fussing about. Enjoy the games, leave the rest to the fanboys.

Re: CNN Money says PS3 is a sinking ship - (12-16-2008)
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Dec 17, 2008
Stop worrying so much. All the internet fankids and their fictional issues and stories can't stop people from enjoying their PS3s.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes