Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2010
By: chaos_789 Welcoming Committee 5832 posts

What's the point of secret trophies?

41 replies 1287 views Edited Jan 31, 2010
I would like to know this, well, first off, secret trophies will only show up as  ? on facebook which is annoying, but what is the true reason for them. You can't say they are to avoid spoilers because I saw games that had the platnium trophy as a secret trophy, and as you all know platnium is the same in every game. I also havn't saw any spoiler trophies yet from any of the secret ones, so what is the true point of them?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Re: What's the point of secret trophies?

Jan 31, 2010
It's a secret, Mang.

100% Israeli. FFXIII Lightning <3

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Jan 31, 2010

They are for spoilers - Just because 'some' hide the platinum, doesnt mean that therefore they obviously arent meant for spoilers.  They are used to how they think they need to be - If you get a trophy for completing and killing a boss/character - Then of course that is a big spoiler that they actually even die.

Sure, they are unnecessarily used in some games, but i dont mind them at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jan 31, 2010

eastavenge wrote:

They are for spoilers - Just because 'some' hide the platinum, doesnt mean that therefore they obviously arent meant for spoilers.  They are used to how they think they need to be - If you get a trophy for completing and killing a boss/character - Then of course that is a big spoiler that they actually even die.

Sure, they are unnecessarily used in some games, but i dont mind them at all.

Heavy Rain has like 57 trophies and 52 of them are hidden/secret.  This is one of those cases where it's understandable as the game is so story heavy, having those exposed a month ahead of time could put a dent in the mystery (exposing the killer or options).

But really, not something worth complaining about.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5832 posts

Jan 31, 2010
Yes, true, I understand about games like heavy rain. But I just don't understand in some games, like for example White Knight Chronicles every single trophy is secret, but the trophies are not spoilers (all the trophies are either ,collect so many items, defeat so many monsters, collect so much armor and weapons and the rest follow this pattern. Some games are there for spoilers like you said, but some secret trophies are even missable and some are even things you would not normally do in a game. I can see them for spoilers, but the majority that I have seen were not spoilers.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jan 31, 2010
well the WKC trophies unlock things for use and decoration in @Home, the descriptions tell you what you unlock therefore they are secret....but all you have to do is a quick google search to find the secret trophies for most games...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5832 posts

Jan 31, 2010
I usually like looking at the complete trophy list, that way I know what I have to do in order to get it so I don't miss it. For a game like Heavy rain, I think I will beat it first before looking at the secret trophies, since that whole game is one big cut scene so the trophies could be spoilers. and I know one of the non hidden trophies, says you must unlock 4 endings, so I know that would be at least 4 playthroughs, so it would be ok to check the trophies after I beat it the first time.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 31, 2010

to make you search on google wich are them lol

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25278 posts

Jan 31, 2010

chaos_789 wrote:
I would like to know this, well, first off, secret trophies will only show up as  ? on facebook which is annoying, but what is the true reason for them. You can't say they are to avoid spoilers because I saw games that had the platnium trophy as a secret trophy, and as you all know platnium is the same in every game. I also havn't saw any spoiler trophies yet from any of the secret ones, so what is the true point of them?
how do you link your facebook to show your ps3 trophys?
I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5832 posts

Feb 1, 2010
It's under Account Managment on the PS3 menu, if you click on it there should be an option that says facebook.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes