Splicer
71 posts

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
I don't care who I play with at all. An annoying male playing an online game is just as bad as an annoying female playing an online game. So to me it really doesn't matter as long as you're fun
Message 31 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4570 posts

Dec 8, 2009

Jet_Girl wrote:
EXACTLY!! you wouldn't believe the stupid list of messages i get in Team Fortress 2 from dumb guys who yell at me to get off the ps3, and that girls aren't supposed to play those games etc just because i'm GOOD at th game and probably killed them a bunch. 

maybe most girls avoid shooters because most guys in there are spoiled whiners :smileytongue:

I hear you on that one. I was competing in a tournament some time ago, and my competitor threw a fit after he lost, saying that I had cheated because 'girls can't play games that well'. Honestly, I don't care what gender the gamer is; a gamer is a gamer. As for shooters, I see no reason why we should avoid them if we like them. You will have the guys that can't handle the possibility of a girl beating them...it's a stereotype that will take a very long time to evolve past.

On the other hand, though, I have seen some girls take it a little too far and obnoxiously throw their gender in guys' faces. Now, there's nothing wrong with being proud to be a girl gamer - I know I am. But sometimes an over-zealousness is what adds to the tension and dislike of girl gamers.

Short story long: I love being a girl gamer, but gender doesn't really matter to me. Just play; that's all there is to it.
Message 32 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
629 posts

Dec 8, 2009
 In regards to gals & gaming...to me it isn't about gender, it is about attitude and having a good time.

DeathOfADove wrote:

I hardly see leaderboards to be proof of anything other than some guys actively obsessing over being accepted by self-proclaimed "expert gamers" and others of the sort.

That comment right there is worth a KUDO!

Message 33 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8198 posts

Dec 8, 2009
I think if a girl is just as good as a guy at video games, kudos to her.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 34 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 8, 2009
I am a female gamer and honestly I get annoyed when another female gamer kicks my ass. It bothers me a little but I'm not so sure why.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Dec 8, 2009
I second just about all the comments thus far. Girls are gamers too. If you have a stigma about playing with or against girls then you're not only missing out on quality competition, but also a darn good time

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Message 36 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Dec 8, 2009

DeathOfADove wrote:

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.

I sincerely hope your friend is a minor, b/c coming from the 30+ gamer crowd there's nothing quite as embarassing as seeing a grown adult overgeneralize/objectify women, especially when it turns to intimidating and harassing them. I would suggest any guy who thinks that's cool to go and seek professional help b/c there are often much deeper psychological issues that they need to work through. I see a lot of guys online, particularly in MMOs/social networks but sometimes in shooters and other genres, that either try to "score" with every female they encounter or harass/intimidate them, neither is healthy. What makes your friend have the self-entitlement to be the judge and jury over who gets to play what in a free country?
Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 37 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Dec 8, 2009

BitRunner wrote:

DeathOfADove wrote:

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.

I sincerely hope your friend is a minor, b/c coming from the 30+ gamer crowd there's nothing quite as embarassing as seeing a grown adult overgeneralize/objectify women, especially when it turns to intimidating and harassing them. I would suggest any guy who thinks that's cool to go and seek professional help b/c there are often much deeper psychological issues that they need to work through. I see a lot of guys online, particularly in MMOs/social networks but sometimes in shooters and other genres, that either try to "score" with every female they encounter or harass/intimidate them, neither is healthy. What makes your friend have the self-entitlement to be the judge and jury over who gets to play what in a free country?

No idea!

But he's 23 and slightly annoying. Does that help? Lol.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 38 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Dec 8, 2009
Like peanutbutter and chocolate it's two things I love together.  One of the great things about playing online is to be able to interact with different people from around the world that you would never meet otherwise.  Diversity is a good thing.  One of my favorite games online is Resistance Fall of Man (1st one).  I've been in battles with American, Austrialian, European, and Austrailian players all at the same time. And there are some female players that are very good.
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Neal Stephenson (Snow Crash 1992)
Message 39 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Dec 8, 2009

RAIUBEN wrote:
Girl gamers? I wish I had a GF like that, all my other ones have been crap - I need a gamer!

I agree 100%..please if you find one ask if she has a sister for me..lol
Message 40 of 335 (6 Views)
0 Likes