You know what, it doesn't matter what I say, you will read it wrong. I will try to keep this short.
- I misread your statement of childish, I am sorry for that, but I used to people jumping on me when I say we don't need more female gamers, we just need more good gamers, no matter what gender.
- "Dorky Orky. Say that to my face." Really? And i'm childish?
- Not on a highhorse, just don't like it when someone's question is ridiculed simply for being asked.
- I don't like being told that my conversation about games is boring without you trying it out first, hence the bigot comment.
- On a related note, there are girls that play video games out there, and plenty of them (and no, not just wii fitness girls). They just don't like to announce their gender, as they don't like "harassment".
Being a girl myself, I am happy to see that most people in this thread think think that a gamer is a gamer, no matter what gender. I have encountered a suprising number of people in real life who have harassed me for playing video games. My own cousins are included in that mess (but they are also your typical 360 smack-talking 12 year olds...literally.)
Now, I do actually have issues with those "gamer girls" who have to smash it in your face that they are girls who play games and have to make a big spectacle of themselves. But then again, I'm not fond of the guys who do that either so...