Uncharted Territory
1365 posts

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
People should be able to do what ever they want when ever they want with no objections. If you want to play a shooter then play a shooter. Don't let someone say you shouldn't just because of your gender. Many development teams have female employees who contribute to the process of putting together a game just like guys. Their are female programmers, designers, and testers. So to say a girl can't play a game is just ludicrous.

Here's a list of the top 100 influenced women in the gaming industry. 

I'm sure that without them, the state of games as you know it today would be drastically different. 
So have at it. If your a guy, girl, dog, cat, no matter your sexual preference or religious beliefs, You should be able to enjoy the same experience that everyone else has the right to enjoy. Games are and art form that should be molded by all who play them!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1365 posts

Dec 8, 2009

Xajen1 wrote:

DeathOfADove wrote:

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.

Why would they be? And the facts(leaderboards) state otherwise.

Well for one most females that I've known play games just for the fun of playing them. They don't take them as serious as us guy's. Not saying that's true for all females but you know as well as I do that men tend to be more competative at anything that they do. It's just human nature and apart of evolution. Sure their are women out their who excel far beyond the avg. female or even male at many diff. task. But at this moment in time, the ration of males to females far out weighs the females so you get the impression that the few that you see make up the skill set of most females when in reality your just seeing a small fraction of them and their true potential. Like I've always said, You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it no matter what it may be!

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 8, 2009
A Girl Gamer. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone would like to argue my point?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Dec 8, 2009
A female is a female.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Dec 8, 2009

G4TVLEADER wrote:

Xajen1 wrote:

DeathOfADove wrote:

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.

Why would they be? And the facts(leaderboards) state otherwise.

Well for one most females that I've known play games just for the fun of playing them. They don't take them as serious as us guy's. Not saying that's true for all females but you know as well as I do that men tend to be more competative at anything that they do. It's just human nature and apart of evolution. Sure their are women out their who excel far beyond the avg. female or even male at many diff. task. But at this moment in time, the ration of males to females far out weighs the females so you get the impression that the few that you see make up the skill set of most females when in reality your just seeing a small fraction of them and their true potential. Like I've always said, You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it no matter what it may be!

I think we're all aware that the number of male gamers is far greater than the number of female gamers but the OP was saying women might be better at shooters than men which is just as bad as saying female gamers aren't skilled.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3260 posts

Dec 8, 2009

I feel sorry for them; I mean really, really sorry.  I know they mean good and are humans just like their male counterparts.  I'm sure they enjoy the games just as much as the boys.

But man, its gotta get old getting hit on by dudes that don't normally talk to girls :robottongue: .  Girls are great, I just played a couple of U:AT dm sessions with a bunch of latinas.  Awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Dec 8, 2009
I play with a female friend and shes a really good friend of mine and we always play MW2 together and shes like ten times better than me LMAO and I think thats friggin' awesome! xD
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4905 posts

Dec 8, 2009
I think female gamers are rare, that's about it. Wish I knew some in real life instead of PSN land.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
897 posts

Dec 8, 2009
I think it is awesome to see female gamers.
Message Edited by imnathandrake on 12-08-2009 12:14 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Dec 8, 2009

If I was another intelligent species of life capable of reading this subject, I believe I would be content in knowing that I am not a human.

Thank you for such a brilliant discussion. 

Message Edited by gamereign555 on 12-08-2009 01:06 AM
gamereign555
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 335 (13 Views)
0 Likes