Reply
Dec 08 2009
By: DeathOfADove Hekseville Citizen 318 posts
Offline

What is your opinion of female gamers?

334 replies 185 views Edited Dec 8, 2009

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

 

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/14/2009
Offline
659 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009

borrowing a line from a thread earlier tonight:

" A gamer is a gamer - male or female" 

rayz336
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2009
Offline
6044 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
Women are human beings, why can't they get their game on? it's all good by me.  BTW this thread will probably get locked lol, all it takes is one knucklehead to ruin it. 
Level 9,999 Laharl
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/03/2009
Offline
318 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009

Shortguy wrote:
Women are human beings, why can't they get their game on? it's all good by me.  BTW this thread will probably get locked lol, all it takes is one knucklehead to ruin it. 

Probably but there's no harm in trying to get everyones opinion. Lol.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
9918 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009

DeathOfADove wrote:

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

 

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.


Why would they be? And the facts(leaderboards) state otherwise.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/03/2009
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
Some are cool some are not. Just like us male gamers.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/03/2009
Offline
318 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009

Xajen1 wrote:

DeathOfADove wrote:

About a week ago a friend and I were talking and he made the comment that "girls shouldn't play shooters".

What are your thoughts on this matter?

 

Personally, I think that girls can be just as good, if not better than guys at shooters and games of that sort.


Why would they be? And the facts(leaderboards) state otherwise.


I hardly see leaderboards to be proof of anything other than some guys actively obsessing over being accepted by self-proclaimed "expert gamers" and others of the sort.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/01/2009
Offline
416 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
Girl gamers? I wish I had a GF like that, all my other ones have been crap - I need a gamer!
120GB PS3 Slim:
Soul Calibur IV:
Metal Gear Solid 4:
The Darkness:
Bioshock:
Darksector:
Alone in the Dark - Inferno:
Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion:
F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin:
Kane & Lynch - Dead Men:
Mirrors Edge
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/26/2009
Offline
980 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
I can honestly say that i have not ever turned an avatar upside down to check for gender . what ? did your friend just wake up from a coma he fell into somewhere in the 1950's .
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/26/2008
Offline
542 posts
 

Re: What is your opinion of female gamers?

Dec 8, 2009
female gamers are nice. i know a couple that game hardcore. nothing wrong with female gamers
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 335 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes