Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 11/30/2003
Offline
45517 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:
I think people see good games from other peoples prospective rather than their own. I mean I'm just wondering how you would classify a good game. Graphics and playing experience. I mean if you don’t enjoy it, would you still can it a good game???




Don't deviate from the main point. A game is NOT addictive just because it's enjoyable. being addicted to a game and enjoying a game are two different things.

Yes they both are two different things but just wondering what factors make you get addicted to a game? The only reason i can think of is for enjoyment or you just wanna conquer it. Just wondering what factors will make you say that this game is good.





Ah so now you say they are two different things. Good, glad we are on the same track.

What makes me addicted? If I'm glued to the screen for hours on end and can't put the controller down. That's when I'm addicted.
Message 11 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/22/2006
Offline
2739 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007
The games I'm addicted to are pointless ones(no not all of them:smileyvery-happy:) like this game:
 
 
It's so simple and pointless yet addicting
Message 12 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2006
Offline
3385 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:
I think people see good games from other peoples prospective rather than their own. I mean I'm just wondering how you would classify a good game. Graphics and playing experience. I mean if you don’t enjoy it, would you still can it a good game???




Don't deviate from the main point. A game is NOT addictive just because it's enjoyable. being addicted to a game and enjoying a game are two different things.

Yes they both are two different things but just wondering what factors make you get addicted to a game? The only reason i can think of is for enjoyment or you just wanna conquer it. Just wondering what factors will make you say that this game is good.





Ah so now you say they are two different things. Good, glad we are on the same track.

What makes me addicted? If I'm glued to the screen for hours on end and can't put the controller down. That's when I'm addicted.

Yes but what makes you addicted to a game???

Message 13 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 11/30/2003
Offline
45517 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:
I think people see good games from other peoples prospective rather than their own. I mean I'm just wondering how you would classify a good game. Graphics and playing experience. I mean if you don’t enjoy it, would you still can it a good game???




Don't deviate from the main point. A game is NOT addictive just because it's enjoyable. being addicted to a game and enjoying a game are two different things.

Yes they both are two different things but just wondering what factors make you get addicted to a game? The only reason i can think of is for enjoyment or you just wanna conquer it. Just wondering what factors will make you say that this game is good.





Ah so now you say they are two different things. Good, glad we are on the same track.

What makes me addicted? If I'm glued to the screen for hours on end and can't put the controller down. That's when I'm addicted.

Yes but what makes you addicted to a game???





Don't make me repeat myself. I clearly told what makes me addicted to the game. It can be a whole variety of things in-game that makes me addicted. But the fact of the matter is that if I don't blink or move away for the screen for a few hours, I am addicted.
Message 14 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/22/2006
Offline
2739 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:
I think people see good games from other peoples prospective rather than their own. I mean I'm just wondering how you would classify a good game. Graphics and playing experience. I mean if you don’t enjoy it, would you still can it a good game???




Don't deviate from the main point. A game is NOT addictive just because it's enjoyable. being addicted to a game and enjoying a game are two different things.

Yes they both are two different things but just wondering what factors make you get addicted to a game? The only reason i can think of is for enjoyment or you just wanna conquer it. Just wondering what factors will make you say that this game is good.





Ah so now you say they are two different things. Good, glad we are on the same track.

What makes me addicted? If I'm glued to the screen for hours on end and can't put the controller down. That's when I'm addicted.

Yes but what makes you addicted to a game???





Don't make me repeat myself. I clearly told what makes me addicted to the game. It can be a whole variety of things in-game that makes me addicted. But the fact of the matter is that if I don't blink or move away for the screen for a few hours, I am addicted.


Don't you just love that, you don't blink once because you don't want to miss any action and your tearing during the middle of a game.
Message 15 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2006
Offline
3385 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


Man of Valor wrote:
I think people see good games from other peoples prospective rather than their own. I mean I'm just wondering how you would classify a good game. Graphics and playing experience. I mean if you don’t enjoy it, would you still can it a good game???




Don't deviate from the main point. A game is NOT addictive just because it's enjoyable. being addicted to a game and enjoying a game are two different things.

Yes they both are two different things but just wondering what factors make you get addicted to a game? The only reason i can think of is for enjoyment or you just wanna conquer it. Just wondering what factors will make you say that this game is good.





Ah so now you say they are two different things. Good, glad we are on the same track.

What makes me addicted? If I'm glued to the screen for hours on end and can't put the controller down. That's when I'm addicted.

Yes but what makes you addicted to a game???





Don't make me repeat myself. I clearly told what makes me addicted to the game. It can be a whole variety of things in-game that makes me addicted. But the fact of the matter is that if I don't blink or move away for the screen for a few hours, I am addicted.

I'll just stop. Sorry but I didn't see and yet still dont see what makes you addicted to a game. The only part I understand is if you dont move for couple of hours from the screen. Its fine though.

Message 16 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/01/2005
Offline
8944 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007
For me there is two kinds of addictions for gaming, there is the "i want to beat this, but it is boring" addiction and the "this is so fun, i think i am going to skip eating for today!" addiction. A game can be boring but addictive at the same time.


Message Edited by Merc89 on 01-27-2007 09:16 PM
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 17 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
21934 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 28, 2007

Man of Valor wrote:
yes and when you enjoy it you're addicted.
 
Uh....where'd you get that? I enjoy movies... but I'm not addicted. I enjoy warm toilet seats... but I'm not addicted.
I have  alot of games in my collection that I enjoyed while playing them... but I'm not constantly twitching if I don't have a controller in my hand.
Photobucket
Message 18 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 10/10/2006
Offline
12488 posts
 

Re: What is a good game???

Jan 29, 2007
Let me say this right now.....Addiction to a game and the enjoyment out of it are totally different.  For example, I loved RE4 and I liked the way the game was made, but I'm not addicted to it.  If I'm addicted to RE4, then I will not move a muscle and it'll waste my life away.  When I played God of War the first time, I enjoyed it the whole way through to the end, but I'm not gonna just sit there and play it, until I fall over. 
Watch out! House is about ready to hit you with his cane...
Message 19 of 19 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes