Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jan 29 2007
By: BLOCK_THIS_KO_ Lombax Warrior 231 posts
Offline

WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

8 replies 7 views Edited Jan 29, 2007
No company has ever come out with there own system cooler. That would be admitting that they made a mistake in the original design. Aftermarket coolers are a great idea for prolonged life of your system!!!
Message 1 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
10063 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007


SONYfanFORlife wrote:
No company has ever come out with there own system cooler. That would be admitting that they made a mistake in the original design. Aftermarket coolers are a great idea for prolonged life of your system!!!


I hope I am not rude by saying this but, this post is not needed, Systems work fine without coolers especially seeing as most systems come with a fan in the inside of the machine, so that the game doesn't get to hot. Systems will have long life if you give it proper care
Message 2 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
41057 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007
If your system is overheating constantly, then it is not functioning properly and you should get it exchanged.  Coolers aren't needed.

Message 3 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/30/2006
Offline
652 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007
id get a cooler as long as it was made by sony and wasnt very loud....
360 Gamertag: Zink 91
Message 4 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 09/11/2004
Offline
13339 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007
Well, they manufactured it so they have had to put some type of cooler in it already, thats why they make a built in fan. And the third party coolers that come out are just used to make the system even cooler so it is basically like an extension of the original cooler.
Message 5 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 03/20/2003
Offline
12042 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007


PSPMAN07 wrote:

SONYfanFORlife wrote:
No company has ever come out with there own system cooler. That would be admitting that they made a mistake in the original design. Aftermarket coolers are a great idea for prolonged life of your system!!!

I hope I am not rude by saying this but, this post is not needed, Systems work fine without coolers especially seeing as most systems come with a fan in the inside of the machine, so that the game doesn't get to hot. Systems will have long life if you give it proper care

with proper ventilation, and room (free space for the console to ventilate) you don't need an external, or additional fan. So I have to pretty much agree here. The systems, or any electronics for that matter come w/ the proper ventilation, and fans to keep the core cool. It's up to the consumer to make sure they place it in a proper space which allows fresh air to circulate, and get into the fans, and the system. As for prolonged life, well I've done just fine over the ears w/o an external cooler. So I'd like to see a study that would actually prove coolers prolong the life. As for it being a mistake if they did make their own cooler. Well it gets proper ventilation when used, and placed properly so how would it be a mistake? It would only be a mistake if they required people to buy them.

I remember years ago, reading, that the PS3 was litterally catching fire in the development stages (rumor? or not?). Whatever it was Sony had to tune down the actual power of the PS3 in order to make a safe console w/o getting into Water Cooling, or running up the bill on the PS3 even more than they already had. So imagine the power that this thing could have.



Message 6 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
10063 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007
:

Seraphim wrote:


PSPMAN07 wrote:

SONYfanFORlife wrote:
No company has ever come out with there own system cooler. That would be admitting that they made a mistake in the original design. Aftermarket coolers are a great idea for prolonged life of your system!!!

I hope I am not rude by saying this but, this post is not needed, Systems work fine without coolers especially seeing as most systems come with a fan in the inside of the machine, so that the game doesn't get to hot. Systems will have long life if you give it proper care

with proper ventilation, and room (free space for the console to ventilate) you don't need an external, or additional fan. So I have to pretty much agree here. The systems, or any electronics for that matter come w/ the proper ventilation, and fans to keep the core cool. It's up to the consumer to make sure they place it in a proper space which allows fresh air to circulate, and get into the fans, and the system. As for prolonged life, well I've done just fine over the ears w/o an external cooler. So I'd like to see a study that would actually prove coolers prolong the life. As for it being a mistake if they did make their own cooler. Well it gets proper ventilation when used, and placed properly so how would it be a mistake? It would only be a mistake if they required people to buy them.

I remember years ago, reading, that the PS3 was litterally catching fire in the development stages (rumor? or not?). Whatever it was Sony had to tune down the actual power of the PS3 in order to make a safe console w/o getting into Water Cooling, or running up the bill on the PS3 even more than they already had. So imagine the power that this thing could have.





If that is true then it seems Sony was trying to give us the most powerful system ever, but it just it was catching on fire.




Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 01-28-2007 10:51 PM
Message 7 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/06/2007
Offline
3400 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007
the OP was only trying to point out that SONY is never going to release a Cooler...
 
The system is built to be able to cool its self, it would be DEFECTIVE if it didnt...
 
Nobody is overclocking their ps3's so there is absolutly NO NEED for these retarded nYko deathtraps...
Message 8 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/19/2005
Offline
4599 posts
 

Re: WHY SONY WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH A OFICIAL COOLER

Jan 29, 2007
Agreed with everyone else.  It just makes me cringe when I see people ask about an intercooler for the PS3.  You'd think people would learn to do do a little research on a product before they buy it.  If they did, they would know it's not needed, and it's a faulty accessory that hurts more than it helps.  But people see a few isolated reports of overheating, and as usual for the internet, they make assumptions and spread a baseless rumor that more people than not atually manage to fall for. (I weep for the human race, I really do)
Message 9 of 9 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes