Highlighted
Oct 12 2008
By: freakshow93 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Recording PS3 Game Play (Without Dazzle)

14 replies 5855 views Edited Oct 12, 2008

Alright, so I've been doing a little bit of research lately, and I've discovered that in order to record game play from my PS3, I need to have a little piece of equipment called Dazzle. Dazzle's not too, too expensive, but $90 is still quite a bit of money for a fist-sized piece of metal (or plastic... not exactly sure). I'm willing to pay, however, if I cannot find any other way to record my game play.

So, my question is this: is it possible to record game play on to, say, a DVD disc? And if not, is there any other way? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3930 posts

Re: Recording PS3 Game Play (Without Dazzle)

Oct 12, 2008
Don't quite know.  I've never actually even heard of Dazzle.  My first thought was a DVD recorder.  I've never really looked into recording gameplay, but if there's a way to do it without buying any extra equipment then I'd be all in. 
Well, they’ve been saying it for years, but we refused to believe it. Gaming is the most sacrilegious, violent, addictive, immoral, de-socializing, desensitizing, dehumanizing activity a person can take part in. Well, I suppose there’s nothing else to say but…

Take THAT Rock 'n' Roll, Rap, Television, Cinema, Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs, "Carnal Relations" and all other former threats to the very fabric of civilized society as we knew it before it was torn to shreds already.

We're Number One! We're Number One!
Message 2 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
795 posts

Oct 12, 2008
if you hock up your ps3 through your dvd player you can record it useing a simple record button and a blan disc then you can put it on your pc. also ps3 is soon to come out with a update that records gameplay vids to your ps3 harddrive and then you can up load them to your pc.
If ya like my posts or your just curious visit my blog at http://rambling-nerd.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Oct 12, 2008

Anded991 wrote:
if you hock up your ps3 through your dvd player you can record it useing a simple record button and a blan disc then you can put it on your pc. also ps3 is soon to come out with a update that records gameplay vids to your ps3 harddrive and then you can up load them to your pc.

That'd be the easiest solution, hope something like that comes out relatively soon.

Message 4 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3930 posts

Oct 12, 2008

KxIxLxLxExR wrote:

Anded991 wrote:

That'd be the easiest solution, hope something like that comes out relatively soon.

As of yet, that is just an annoying rumor like the fw2.00 of old, and it doesn't help that some think that it's coming "soon" when it hasn't even been announced.  My suggestion is 'don't hold your breath.' 

Well, they’ve been saying it for years, but we refused to believe it. Gaming is the most sacrilegious, violent, addictive, immoral, de-socializing, desensitizing, dehumanizing activity a person can take part in. Well, I suppose there’s nothing else to say but…

Take THAT Rock 'n' Roll, Rap, Television, Cinema, Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs, "Carnal Relations" and all other former threats to the very fabric of civilized society as we knew it before it was torn to shreds already.

We're Number One! We're Number One!
Message 5 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Oct 12, 2008
i dont think ps3 is comin out with any software thatll let you record but i could be wrong if you have any sources please show me
Hear me, Belive me, and Fear me
Message 6 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 14, 2008

1.50 is coming out with it...

But only new games after 1.50 will support video recording =(

allthough i just proved 2 posts wrong =/

DA
http://ksouth.deviantart.com/

Message 7 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Oct 14, 2008

I've never come across a DVD recorder where you could run a signal from a console, through the recorder, to a TV, which is the only way you'd be able to record and play the game.  Certainly I've never seen any detailed explanation of how exactly to set things up with any specific model.

This is the polite way of saying that people who suggest using DVD recorders don't know what the **** they're talking about and listening to them will only lead to you wasting your money.

Message Edited by Panipal2005 on 10-14-2008 10:26 AM
Message Edited by Panipal2005 on 10-14-2008 10:27 AM
Message 8 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
401 posts

Oct 14, 2008

ksouth wrote:

1.50 is coming out with it...

But only new games after 1.50 will support video recording =(

allthough i just proved 2 posts wrong =/

What is 1.5? The latest update I heard about was 2.5 and it only has screen capture, not video.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 7, 2010

there needs to be a free software that you can download to your pc and you enter all the data (mac address and stuff) to let you record your gameplay over the internet.

Message 10 of 15 (5,855 Views)
0 Likes