Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection

Aug 13, 2011

The original developer usually doesn't do the HD collections, it is uaually farmed out to an outside developer. Interestingly the developer of the Sly Cooper collection is now programing Sly 4, since Sucker Punch is too busy to do it themselves...

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 25, 2011

I read an article saying that if we want an HD Ratchet and Clank Collection, we should be asking Sony. This is the only reason why I'm here. I just hope they don't overprice the game. When I bought the God of War Collection, it was $40 and like a month later it was part of the greatest hits collections and sold for $30. To have a price cut so quickly after its release was a like an FU to the loyal fans especially since they change the color of the box, so I'm assuming they had planned this from the biggining (after all, it takes time to make the copies) and that it wasn't a matter of the game not selling.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13977 posts

Oct 26, 2011

vaunred1 wrote:

I have all the Ratchet games period. But i want them to make a collection mostly so I can play Ratchet Deadlocked and Up Your Arsenal in HD and hopefully multiplayer.  If they release this then the disk will never come out of my system

And yes, I do agree. I've been asking for a Ratchet collection for awhile now. Ever since the God of wart collection was released 2 years ago, in fact. I would happily buy this and a Jak collection. Because I've played both series multiple times and would like to earn trophies with these games.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 26, 2011

homerman2 wrote:

I read an article saying that if we want an HD Ratchet and Clank Collection, we should be asking Sony. This is the only reason why I'm here. I just hope they don't overprice the game. When I bought the God of War Collection, it was $40 and like a month later it was part of the greatest hits collections and sold for $30. To have a price cut so quickly after its release was a like an FU to the loyal fans especially since they change the color of the box, so I'm assuming they had planned this from the biggining (after all, it takes time to make the copies) and that it wasn't a matter of the game not selling.

This was just bad timing on your part, the original GOW collection was $40 for a year before it went to Greatest Hits, just like practically all games that go to Greatest Hits. You should only pay full price if you really want the game, often if you wait one of the major retailers will have a sale where you can get most games for a discount. Last Black Friday, I was able to get the GOW collection for $10 at Walmart.

The new GOW origins Collection and the Team Ico collection were both on sale for $25 a week ago at Best Buy, and both of those titles are fairly new. Like I said you just have to wait for a little bit to get discounts on many of these games...

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 30, 2011

Please remake this game series, It is fantastic.  The main titles that need a remake are the original trilogy, mostly up your arsenal and going commando.  I own all the ratchet and clank games.  I even own secret agent clank although I'm not a huge fan of it.  I felt that since I love the series so much I should own secret agent clank even if that title itself wansn't too great.   I bought all my games new to support the developers.  Give me an HD remake please!! something high budget would be nice but a remake similar to the god of war remakes would be acceptable.  Just give me some trophies!!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2011

I would definitely support these games on either one or two discs. I've had many fond memories of Ratchet and Clank over the years and they have come a long ways from the PS2 to the PS3. I would even like to see secret agent clank on the blue ray disc if they happen to make these into a collection.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I KNOW ! WHERE IS THE HD COLLECTION ???? THEY GAVE CRAPPY 'SLY' AND 'ZONE ENDERS' REMAKES ?

WHAT ABOUT RATCHET AND CLANK???????????

IM REALLY CLOSE TO JUST GOING AND BUYING THEM ALL FROM EBAY

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I must say i thought the same when i found the thread,

so disappointed its not acctually been made but definately should be on the to-do list for sony! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11010 posts

Jan 8, 2012

With E3 coming up again this year, it might not be too long before we hear something about another set of PlayStation 2 era HD updates. Already the Jak and Daxter Collection has been confirmed. Could one for Ratchet and Clank not be too far behind?

Same as everyone, I'm also ready to pick up a Ratchet HD compilation package. This being a series I didn't really jump on so much until the later years, it would be nice going back to revisit or experience the games thoroughly for the first time.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 23, 2012

i definitely agree that this game should be redone in HD. the first  ratchet and clank was one of the first games i got with my ps2 back in the day. was hooked every since. all of the original 4 never got old in my mind. i logged many hours and playthroughs for each game. i wouldnt mind one bit doing so again on my ps3. i have wanted this for so long. i mean, cmon- they did it with god of war (which is a great franchise as well), but r&c deserves it. make it happen sony!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 52 (10 Views)
0 Likes