Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Platinum Trophy Difficulty Guide

Aug 12, 2010

You should move Modnation Racers up the list, as UFG made an update making the Star Creator Trophy much easier to get...I was thinking a 6 or 7.

Message 60 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28889 posts

Aug 17, 2010

Madden 11 5/10 (1/10 if you use two controllers)

Naughty Bear 9/10 (Time consuming)

Disney Sing it: Family Hits 1/10

Dirt 2 6/10

NCAA Football 11 5/10

Message 61 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Aug 17, 2010

eagles1990 wrote:

I don't think you should necessarily equate time consuming with being difficult.

The other games that you've listed as being a 9 on the difficulty scale (out of 10) are real challenges as far as measuring a gamer's abilities go.  In games like Super Street Fighter IV and Ninja Gaiden ? 2, you can keep playing until your fingers fall off but if you don't have the talent/skill for the game you'll never get the Platinum Trophy no matter how many times you try.

Is Naughty Bear really a demanding game as far as player skills are concerned?  Are one's dexterity and reflexes challenged?  Or is it simply a matter of having to grind or play sequences over and over until you unlock Trophy X?  If it's the latter, then you can't really consider Naughty Bear as a game with a Platinum Trophy that is difficult to obtain.

Message 62 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4244 posts

Aug 17, 2010

I think Blur should be a 9. Many trophies in that game (Mostly bronzes which should actually be silvers) are brutal. Split/Second's platinum was way easier than Blur's. Just look at how few people get them here. http://www.ps3trophies.com/trophies/Blur Click on each trophy to see how many people there got them.

Message 63 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4244 posts

Aug 17, 2010

mmmig wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

I don't think you should necessarily equate time consuming with being difficult.

The other games that you've listed as being a 9 on the difficulty scale (out of 10) are real challenges as far as measuring a gamer's abilities go.  In games like Super Street Fighter IV and Ninja Gaiden ? 2, you can keep playing until your fingers fall off but if you don't have the talent/skill for the game you'll never get the Platinum Trophy no matter how many times you try.

Is Naughty Bear really a demanding game as far as player skills are concerned?  Are one's dexterity and reflexes challenged?  Or is it simply a matter of having to grind or play sequences over and over until you unlock Trophy X?  If it's the latter, then you can't really consider Naughty Bear as a game with a Platinum Trophy that is difficult to obtain.

Yeah agreed, games that are time consuming don't equal how difficult the stuff is. I mean getting "Living Legend" in Blur for example takes about 20 hours but it's actually easy you just eventually get the trophy. Blur is actually very difficult though, barely beat the game on Medium.

Message 64 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28889 posts

Aug 17, 2010

mmmig wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

I'm not. It's just a side note but the time it takes to platinum a game is part of the difficulty. It's hard to grind out a game when you have already beat the story. Especially a game that isn't good. As for Naughty Bear, the Nutter and Naughtiest Naughty Club trophies are hard and time consuming(along with numerous other trophies) and is enough to warrant a high rating.

Message 65 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Aug 17, 2010

eagles1990 wrote:

I'm not. It's just a side note but the time it takes to platinum a game is part of the difficulty. It's hard to grind out a game when you have already beat the story. Especially a game that isn't good. As for Naughty Bear, the Nutter and Naughtiest Naughty Club trophies are hard and time consuming(along with numerous other trophies) and is enough to warrant a high rating.

I see what you're saying, but still, that's not something I would consider difficult.  It's tedious, but it's not exactly stressful or demanding (in as far as actual skill is concerned).  If a game will reward you with a trophy simply for investing time into it (no matter how good or bad a game it is), then that's a false sense of challenge.

On ps3trophies.org, the trophy guide author for Naughty Bear rated the game has having a difficulty level of 7 (out of 10) which I think is just about right when taking the challenges you listed into consideration.

Message 66 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28889 posts

Aug 17, 2010

mmmig wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

I see what you're saying, but still, that's not something I would consider difficult.  It's tedious, but it's not exactly stressful or demanding (in as far as actual skill is concerned).  If a game will reward you with a trophy simply for investing time into it (no matter how good or bad a game it is), then that's a false sense of challenge.

On ps3trophies.org, the trophy guide author for Naughty Bear rated the game has having a difficulty level of 7 (out of 10) which I think is just about right when taking the challenges you listed into consideration.

It doesn't matter in the end. It was just a place holder score until I found the average. I'll put it under 8.

Message 67 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1791 posts

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks for putting this together.  I thought I'd comment on a few of the games..

eagles1990 wrote:

1 Madden 11 (if you use two controllers) - Personally, I think this should be slightly higher.

• Alone in the Dark: Inferno - This was a little tougher than a 2 for me
  • Trivial Pursuit - yup
  • WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (You can get this platinum in 1 day)- yup

• Burnout Paradiseª- Personally, this one's a 4 for me, simply because it took so long to get through everything.
  • Skate 2 (6 for inexperienced players). If you rent this or purchase it used you will NEED to buy the Skate Share Pack DLC in order to get the Plat. It is needed for the Skate Reel and Skate Park trophies. *Currently Glitched* - What are these trophies?  I've never heard of Skate Reed or Skate Park.  I'm planning to platinum this game over the weekend, but havent seen a mention of glitches anywhere else.
  • Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection* - For me, this game was a 1 or a 2.

• Borderlands- nothing extremely challenging about this game.
  • Dark Void - some tough trophies.
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - the most underrated game in terms of platinum difficulty.  Some of the levels on Maximum Hazzard were extremely difficult.
  • Fallout 3(Will take 100+ hours)- can be done in significantly less time if you save at strategic points then reload later.
  • God of War Collection: God of War II - Fair, the challenges are tough though.
  • Heavy Rain- To be honest, I think this game is a 1 or a 2.  Especially if you use a guide so you know which endings you need.  The only thing that made this game a pain were the glitches/freezing.  Not a single trophy is difficult.
  • Madagascar Kartz- some races are challenging.  People underrate the difficulty of this game because it's more of a children's game.
  • Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - known as one of the quickest platinums out there.  I'll be tackling this one later this month, I think.

• Assassin's Creed II - Nothing tough about this game, really. Going around collecting feathers was tedious, but this platinum is easier than Uncharted 2, IMHO. 
  • God Of War Collection: God Of War - Again tough because of the challenge rooms.
  • God of War III- More difficult than God of War 1, because you have to beat this one on Titan difficulty.  I'd rate it a 6.
  • inFamous- Pulling off all of the stunts is tricky, and searching for the blast shards is a PITA.  I'm rate this a 6, too.

• LittleBigPlanet - Acing levels is tough.  Many of the trophies are a pain because you have to try to get hearts from people or find decent players to play co-op with.  A 6 is probably fair.
  • Resident Evil 5 - Easy game once you get infinite ammo.  I gave this one a 4.
  • Resistance 2- 10,000 multiplayer kills?  You could earn several other platinums in the time it would take you to get this one

• Batman: Arkham Asylum* - The challenge rooms are tough, but not as tough as people make them out to be. 

• Call of Duty: World at War - See below
  • Rock Band 2 ª - If games like World at War and Batman are a 7, this needs to be higher. This is one of the toughest platinums around.  To me, it's a 9. 

• Mirror's Edge - The trials and speed runs take endless hours of practice.  This is a 9 for me, too.

• Killzone 2- I don't see how this is a 9.  I think many of the games that are rater 7 or 8 are more difficult than this.
  • Street Fighter IV - The trials are very difficult for most people.  This platinum is rare enough that I think a 10 is justified.
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Wipeout HD PSN Download Only- This game has about 5 different trophies that are out of reach for the average gamer.  One of the 5 most difficult platinums out there.

• Fight Night Round 4 - Why is this impossible? Because of the belts?

miguel_zorro
Message 68 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28889 posts

Aug 20, 2010

Miguel_Zorro wrote:
Thanks for putting this together.  I thought I'd comment on a few of the games..

eagles1990 wrote:

1 Madden 11 (if you use two controllers) - Personally, I think this should be slightly higher.

No. Using two controlers, you can 20/25 trophies in ONE game. The other 5 aren't that hard but Madden Moments is the most time consuming.

• Alone in the Dark: Inferno - This was a little tougher than a 2 for me
  • Trivial Pursuit - yup
  • WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (You can get this platinum in 1 day)- yup

• Burnout Paradiseª- Personally, this one's a 4 for me, simply because it took so long to get through everything.
  • Skate 2 (6 for inexperienced players). If you rent this or purchase it used you will NEED to buy the Skate Share Pack DLC in order to get the Plat. It is needed for the Skate Reel and Skate Park trophies. *Currently Glitched* - What are these trophies?  I've never heard of Skate Reed or Skate Park.  I'm planning to platinum this game over the weekend, but havent seen a mention of glitches anywhere else.
This is supposed to be skate 3

• Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection* - For me, this game was a 1 or a 2.

• Borderlands- nothing extremely challenging about this game.
  • Dark Void - some tough trophies.
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - the most underrated game in terms of platinum difficulty.  Some of the levels on Maximum Hazzard were extremely difficult.
  • Fallout 3(Will take 100+ hours)- can be done in significantly less time if you save at strategic points then reload later.
  • God of War Collection: God of War II - Fair, the challenges are tough though.
  • Heavy Rain- To be honest, I think this game is a 1 or a 2.  Especially if you use a guide so you know which endings you need.  The only thing that made this game a pain were the glitches/freezing.  Not a single trophy is difficult.
  • Madagascar Kartz- some races are challenging.  People underrate the difficulty of this game because it's more of a children's game.
  • Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - known as one of the quickest platinums out there.  I'll be tackling this one later this month, I think.

• Assassin's Creed II - Nothing tough about this game, really. Going around collecting feathers was tedious, but this platinum is easier than Uncharted 2, IMHO.
  • God Of War Collection: God Of War - Again tough because of the challenge rooms.
  • God of War III- More difficult than God of War 1, because you have to beat this one on Titan difficulty.  I'd rate it a 6.
Titan Mode isn't that bad if you keep at it. Zeus was a monster though.
  • inFamous- Pulling off all of the stunts is tricky, and searching for the blast shards is a PITA.  I'm rate this a 6, too.
The Stunts are easy if you play as a good guy

• LittleBigPlanet - Acing levels is tough.  Many of the trophies are a pain because you have to try to get hearts from people or find decent players to play co-op with.  A 6 is probably fair.
  • Resident Evil 5 - Easy game once you get infinite ammo.  I gave this one a 4.
Where do you get infinite ammo? I never got it
  • Resistance 2- 10,000 multiplayer kills?  You could earn several other platinums in the time it would take you to get this one
That and OMGWTFBBQ are the only hard trophies

• Batman: Arkham Asylum* - The challenge rooms are tough, but not as tough as people make them out to be. 

Those are tough

• Call of Duty: World at War - See below
  • Rock Band 2 ª - If games like World at War and Batman are a 7, this needs to be higher. This is one of the toughest platinums around.  To me, it's a 9. 

The only hard trophy in that game is the drum trainer trophies. There's no way in hell you can say that RB2 is on the level of GH: Metallica or GH: Van Halen

• Mirror's Edge - The trials and speed runs take endless hours of practice.  This is a 9 for me, too.

• Killzone 2- I don't see how this is a 9.  I think many of the games that are rater 7 or 8 are more difficult than this.
  • Street Fighter IV - The trials are very difficult for most people.  This platinum is rare enough that I think a 10 is justified.
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Wipeout HD PSN Download Only- This game has about 5 different trophies that are out of reach for the average gamer.  One of the 5 most difficult platinums out there.

• Fight Night Round 4 - Why is this impossible? Because of the belts?

Yes. The people who have them don't defend them. Not to mention there are two other glitched trophies that aren't being fixed. Which is why NBA 2K10 is there. The Dev's said too bad we aren't fixing our game.

These scores are averages. What's hard to some people is not hard to others and what's easy to some may not be for others. When you put them both together, this is what you get.

Message 69 of 115 (35 Views)
0 Likes