Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
16 posts

Re: PSP2. Worth it or not?

Feb 2, 2011

Finally someone this forum knows what the NGP is going to run on, I'm tried of people asking "Is the NGP going to have the ability to play UMD?". I keep telling them no and what is the point. The new NGP is going to run and game cards like the DS, The first reason they want it to not run UMDs is because it's called NewGenerationPortable. They don't want it running on old hardware. Secondly UMDs are out dated and cause a hassel for their owns because it gets scratched, makes the most irritating noise when running and it takes up space. With the new game cards you can play your game in silence, the size of the game card allows you to carry more than 6 in your pocket without feeling unconfortable. I think they also said the NGP will have two game card ports so that you dont have to switch betweeen your 2 favorite games, you basically insert the two game cards into their ports and play one until you get bored then chose the other one from the main menu. Once again I'am gunna say this for all you people out there ( not calling you dumb) who are not updateded with the news or haven't even watched the trailers, THE NGP DOES NOT RUN UMDs IT RUNS GAME CARDS.

Message 21 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
261 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Well here's another bit of interesting BUT "Not Confirmed" bit of news.

While at my local Gamestop, they were taking in reserves already for the NGP. Now the price that they have listed for it was for $299 not so sure if that is them bs the price or if they were told in advance to list it for that price but that is some where for people to make a goal to start saving if they want one.

Just hope there won't another pull like a $600 price tag, but I don't see that happening if Sony wants to play smart to win back in the portable gaming world.

Message 22 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 3, 2011

Its probally true like I said on a other thread to so many people, Bestbuy,futureshop and any other gaming stores are not authorized to pass the 299 handheld limit but no one believes me but now you found the proof. thank you.

Message 23 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Feb 3, 2011

i think the psp go was an experiment by sony to test and see if the market would like to have an all digital format. That way they could see if the ngp would be better as a all digital format or a mixture of physical media and digital media. If people dont buy it simply because they cant play umds then i think thats outrageous. Maybe its just because i have a psp go and not a 3000. I think a base starting point of 299 is a great deal. Hopefully the 3g is a month to month kind of thing. Maybe sony could sell 3g minutes cards like many prepaid cell phones ran by maybe verizon or t mobile. If so i will get the 3g version so if i want to then i can get the cards month to month and always be connected. Even if not it would be better to have a month to month plan than be tied into a contract even if it would be subsidized and sold for like 150. This would turn alot of people away from getting the full "Always On" aspect. But then again you get always get a mifi card from verizon and still be connected via wifi

so many people look to GOD for the answer to thier struggles few ever look inside for the strength they so desperatley need

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Message 24 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes