Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 19 2009
By: RbBrdMan Treasure Hunter 7169 posts

PS3 games to Shine in 09 **10/19 (COMPLETE NEW UPDATE)**

161 replies 36 views Edited Oct 19, 2009

ZOMG!!! I've been gone so long most of the games in my OP have now been pushed to 2010. I'm going to provide you guys with an update of what's still to come THIS YEAR. Feel free to discuss these titles here in the lounge! 

Teken 6

Namco brings its flagship fighting game to the HD gen. Everybody get ready for a combo linking, foe juggling good time. Many of the cast regulars are returning while many more are being introduced for the first time. 39 total playable characters. That's a lot of combo chains to remember. This game will undoubtedly shine. 

Release: October 27, 2009

The Saboteur

Noir style game from Pandemic Games the studio that brought us the StarWars Battlefront seires. I really enjoy the art direction that this game has taken. It will be an open world adventure that tasks you with disrupting Nazi operations in the 1940's. I'm not sure if the vision will be fully realized by the boys at Pandemic but the concept alone is something out of the norm and enough to grab my attention and maybe yours. 

Release Date: December 8, 2009

PixelJunk Shooter

Maybe some think that a DLC game shouldn't go in the list. I respectfully disagree. PixelJunk has proven themselves as one of the most prolific PSN developers out there. I have loved each and every masterpiece they have pushed out. PJ Shooter shouldn't be any different. It takes a time proven mechanic of spaceship shooting and inserts it into the PixelJunk universe. This piece of DLC has my attention and should have yours as well. 

Projected Release : Q4 2009

Dragon Age: Origins

This is an EPIC RPG coming from Bioware. If you don't know about Bioware you shouldn't call yourself a RPG gamer . Bioware is responsible for such gems as Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, ect, ect.. They have done a lot of great stuff in the RPG space. Dragon age should be another hit for them. It is said to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate (an immensely popular PC franchise). This will be a single player epic that allows you to control your party and the fate of the nation Ferelden.

Release Date : November 2009

There you go guys and gals I little updated info on what we can still look forward to in 2009. Any suggestions feel free to post them up or send me a PM. 

(I didn't put Modern Warfare 2 on there because everyone on earth already knows about it)

From just the looks of this list it's gonna be a great year to own a ps3. Again.

Message Edited by RbBrdMan on 10-19-2009 11:08 AM
Message Edited by RbBrdMan on 10-19-2009 11:08 AM
Message 160 of 162 (36 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Re: HOT ps3 games for 2009

Dec 9, 2008

Kudoes! Its going to be an incredible year. I didn't think 08' could be topped but it looks like we're on the way.

Now if only we could get some so solid info on Team ICO next project, that would make my year.

Message 1 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Dec 9, 2008

Welp...  So far still nothing to convince me to make the plunge and purchase a PS3...   I'm still hoping for 2 courses of action....

either

1.) The PS3 gets enough exclusive games that I want to make me want to purchase one...

or

2.) Games I want like FFXIII continue to go multiplatform and make it so that I never really have to purchase another console until next gen...

Granted, #1 would be cool, but I think I'd rather #2 since it saves me loot!

Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Message 2 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7169 posts

Dec 9, 2008

digikoto wrote:

Welp...  So far still nothing to convince me to make the plunge and purchase a PS3...   I'm still hoping for 2 courses of action....

either

1.) The PS3 gets enough exclusive games that I want to make me want to purchase one...

Exclusives :
  • ActiveDogs - MTO - TBA - No
  • Big Time Revenge - Anygame Company - 2009 - No
  • BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - Arc System Works - TBA - No
  • Bumpy Trot 2 - Irem - TBA - No
  • Codename: Sengoku 23KU - Acquire - - TBA - No
  • Dark Cloud 3 - (Level-5 ) - TBA - No
  • Demon's Souls - From Software - 2009 - Yes
  • Driver - Ubisoft Reflections - TBA - No
  • Eyedentify - SCE London Studio - TBA - No
  • EyePet - SCE London Studio - 2009 - No
  • Fifth Phantom Saga - Sonic Team - TBA - No
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Square Enix - TBA - No
  • Gran Turismo 5 - Polyphony Digital - 2009 - No
  • Heavy Rain - Quantic Dream - 2009 - No
  • inFamous - Sucker Punch Productions - 2009 - No
  • Killzone 2 - Guerilla Games - February - Yes
  • Kurayami - Grasshopper Manufacture - TBA - No
  • L.A. Noire - Team Bondi - 2009 - No
  • MAG: Massive Action Game - Zipper Interactive - 2009 - No
  • Metro 2033: The Last Refuge - 4A Games - 2009 - No
  • Ni-Oh - Koei - TBA - No
  • Nobi Nobi Boy - Namco Bandai - TBA - No
  • PlayFactory - Curve Studios - TBA - No
  • Quantum Theory - Tecmo - 2009 - No
  • Redwood Falls - Kuju Entertainment - TBA - No
  • Rengoku: The End of the Century - Neverland Co. - TBA - No
  • Resistance 2 - Insomniac Games - November - Yes
  • Twisted Metal - Eat Sleep Play - TBA - No
  • WarDevil: Unleash the Beast Within - Digi-Guys - 2009 - No
  • Way of the Samurai 3 - Acquire - TBA - No
  • White Knight Chronicles - (Level-5) - 2009
  • Yakuza 3 - Amusement Vision - 2009 - Yes

Some of these are unannounced and not dated but really what kind of exclusive are you looking for? Not trying to troll I honestly want to know.

Message 3 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Re: ~~~FIRE~~ HOT~~ PS3 games for 2009

Dec 9, 2008

Hate to be a bummer but wasn't it recently announced that Gran Turismo 5 would not be realeased until TBA 2010?

Can't wait for Uncharted 2 :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by EssGuess on 12-09-2008 06:28 AM
Message 4 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7169 posts

Dec 9, 2008

EssGuess wrote:

Hate to be a bummer but wasn't it recently announced that Gran Turismo 5 would not be realeased until TBA 2010?

Can't wait for Uncharted 2 :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by EssGuess on 12-09-2008 06:28 AM

Still kinda sounds up in the air..

http://www.videogamer.com/news/02-12-2008-10084.html

Message 5 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Dec 9, 2008

RbBrdMan wrote:

Still kinda sounds up in the air..

http://www.videogamer.com/news/02-12-2008-10084.html

Is it just me, or does that kind of "up in the air" give you a bit of a "2010" feeling?

Message Edited by EssGuess on 12-09-2008 06:32 AM
Message 6 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Dec 9, 2008

RbBrdMan wrote:

Some of these are unannounced and not dated but really what kind of exclusive are you looking for? Not trying to troll I honestly want to know.

No problem my man.  I didn't think you were trying to troll.  That is a fair question that I'm happy to answer.

I think my issue is not so much that I'm looking for a specific exclusive to come out.  The issue is that I purchased a 360 over 2 years ago based on the fact that, at the time, it had the one game I really wanted and was promising some others.  Oblivion was that must-have title for me.  At that time, the PS3 had not dropped yet, so I made the jump with the 360.  Shortly thereafter, Mass Effect and Two Worlds were announced.  Two more titles that were must haves that had pretty much no chance of hitting the PS3.  Even though TW almost made it over.

So, by the time the PS3 came around, I was already set with the games I wanted.  MGS4 eventually dropped, but I stopped being a fan after the first MGS on PS1. (The best game on that entire system in my opinion)  So I was a bit shaky on purchasing a PS3 just for MGS4 because I didn't finish MGS3 due to the fact that I didn't really like it.  I feared I'd have a similar experience with MGS4 and spend alot of money only to be disappointed.  

On the RPG Side of the house.  (My most important genre by the way)  FFXIII was enticing for me, but still not really enough to make me drop $500 on a new system and accessories.  Then FFXIII got announced for the 360, so that killed that chance.   As of the last year, I've pretty much made my peace with JRPGs.  Aside from a few gems like Crisis Core and re-releases of older titles, I've gone sour on the genre due to how they are being made.  White Knight Story for example, strikes me as unneccessarily tedious.  Now granted, that is a judgment without facts to back it up, so I'm not ruling anything out.  It's just that from what I've seen, I'm not interested because it looks like it embodies the things about RPGs that the PS1 and PS2 pretty much drove me to hate.  (Long combat sequences, retarded fetch quests with no real benefits, saving all the sidequests that yield good items for the end of the game and no world map exploration)  The 360 was not immune to this concept either.  Lost Oddysey was quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played in my life.  

So, long story short, most of what I'm heavily interested in just doesn't seem to be headed to the PS3 at the moment.  I've actually enjoyed my PSP quite a bit though.  Especially with the release of the first Star Ocean.  That game is pretty dang tasty...  But there is nothing on the horizon for the PS3 that jumps out at me.  Maybe that will change.  I guess time will tell.

Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Message 7 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7169 posts

Dec 9, 2008

digikoto wrote:

RbBrdMan wrote:

No problem my man.  I didn't think you were trying to troll.  That is a fair question that I'm happy to answer.

I think my issue is not so much that I'm looking for a specific exclusive to come out.  The issue is that I purchased a 360 over 2 years ago based on the fact that, at the time, it had the one game I really wanted and was promising some others.  Oblivion was that must-have title for me.  At that time, the PS3 had not dropped yet, so I made the jump with the 360.  Shortly thereafter, Mass Effect and Two Worlds were announced.  Two more titles that were must haves that had pretty much no chance of hitting the PS3.  Even though TW almost made it over.

So, by the time the PS3 came around, I was already set with the games I wanted.  MGS4 eventually dropped, but I stopped being a fan after the first MGS on PS1. (The best game on that entire system in my opinion)  So I was a bit shaky on purchasing a PS3 just for MGS4 because I didn't finish MGS3 due to the fact that I didn't really like it.  I feared I'd have a similar experience with MGS4 and spend alot of money only to be disappointed.  

On the RPG Side of the house.  (My most important genre by the way)  FFXIII was enticing for me, but still not really enough to make me drop $500 on a new system and accessories.  Then FFXIII got announced for the 360, so that killed that chance.   As of the last year, I've pretty much made my peace with JRPGs.  Aside from a few gems like Crisis Core and re-releases of older titles, I've gone sour on the genre due to how they are being made.  White Knight Story for example, strikes me as unneccessarily tedious.  Now granted, that is a judgment without facts to back it up, so I'm not ruling anything out.  It's just that from what I've seen, I'm not interested because it looks like it embodies the things about RPGs that the PS1 and PS2 pretty much drove me to hate.  (Long combat sequences, retarded fetch quests with no real benefits, saving all the sidequests that yield good items for the end of the game and no world map exploration)  The 360 was not immune to this concept either.  Lost Oddysey was quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played in my life.  

So, long story short, most of what I'm heavily interested in just doesn't seem to be headed to the PS3 at the moment.  I've actually enjoyed my PSP quite a bit though.  Especially with the release of the first Star Ocean.  That game is pretty dang tasty...  But there is nothing on the horizon for the PS3 that jumps out at me.  Maybe that will change.  I guess time will tell.

Fair enough. I agree the ps3 is severly lacking in the RPG genre.

Me I just dabble in RPG's but their are plenty of ppl just like  you on these boards that are waiting for the ps3 to catch up in regards to RPG's. Hopefully something will catch your eye.

Message 8 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Dec 13, 2008
The only game to look forward too in 2009 is Street Fighter IV and FFXIII.
---------------------------------
:: focus ::
Message 9 of 162 (36 Views)
0 Likes