Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Re: Next PlayStation Codenamed Orbis, First Solid Rumors Are Here

Mar 31, 2012

Yeah, I'm still getting 'used' to my PS3, and I've had it for 5 years now! Maybe I'm getting old, but I still view my PS2 as current-generation technology and use it on a regular basis still. Launching a PS4 now would just confuse me even more.....

Pariah599
---------------
Sony rocks!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7547 posts

Apr 12, 2012

What would be the appeal of a PS4 anyway when any new game coming out for the PS4 will have a PS3 version for it. That's what they did when the PS3 first came out they released a PS2 Counter part to the same game on PS3. Granted i'm sure they will stop making a PS3 Port of the PS4 games eventually but we still have like 5 yrs b4 that happens. Sony seds the PS3 has at least a 10 yr life cycle.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Apr 12, 2012

What all you guys do not seem to get about the whole used game debate is that Sony (or another console maker) is trying to get the money for used games that is currently being spent at used game retailers like gamestop.

Today Sony sells a new game, for let's say 60 bucks (new game, physical disc). That's it. No money for used games, because they don't sell used games.

Gamestop buys the game from you for let's say 20 bucks, and sells it to the next person for 30 bucks (yes, they do have to make profit).

All Sony is doing is channeling those 10 bucks for a new online pass through their own company instead of someone else. You can then buy the used game through ebay or from a private person for 20 bucks and get the online pass for 10 bucks. That way Sony can make 10 bucks for every used game without having to build up a whole new infrastructure for selling used games, cause people will do it through gamestop, ebay etc...

In my opinion this will not really make a difference in pricing for used games, they just channel the money so that they can have a piece of the cake.

Get over it if you don't understand it... jeez...

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7547 posts

Apr 12, 2012

Oh we understand it just fine (Not a whole lot to get). We just don't like it and nor should we have to tolerate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
981 posts

Apr 12, 2012

chickenbonetom schrieb:

Oh we understand it just fine (Not a whole lot to get). We just don't like it and nor should we have to tolerate it.

oh so you're saying that you would rather drive / walk to gamestop to pay 30 bucks instead of having your used game delivered through ebay and paying 30 bucks for it (20 bucks for the game, 10 bucks for the online pass: notice here, same price)?

nice logic, bro...

EDIT: and I would rather give my money to Sony so they can put it into R&D or keeping the PSN free of charge, than to some used games retailer, but that's just my 2 cents...

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24664 posts

Apr 13, 2012

They other thing I always point out, yet it constantly falls upon deaf ears, is that if you shop around you can easily defeat the online pass, and save more money by purchasing games new. For example, currently GameStop has Dirt 3 "pre-owned" for $27.99. Once you add the extra ten spot for an online pass, that's up to $37.99. Amazon.com has Dirt 3 brand new for $19.99. Add in the five bucks for shipping, and it's $24.99. That's $13 less than buying used. How exactly are you saving money again?

Used games aren't really about saving money, it's the idea of saving money.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Apr 13, 2012

The more rumors that float round about these new consoles the more I dislike them. Why should I have to pay Sony to let my wife use the game I already paid for? Tieing games to your account is stupid and its going to kill the console market. If Sony thinks Vita sales are bad, just wait to they see PS4 sales.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24664 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Soulwatcher wrote:

The more rumors that float round about these new consoles the more I dislike them. Why should I have to pay Sony to let my wife use the game I already paid for? Tieing games to your account is stupid and its going to kill the console market. If Sony thinks Vita sales are bad, just wait to they see PS4 sales.

First, your wife plays video games? Second, is there something wrong that she can't say "hey, can I try that game for a while"? Back in the day you didn't need accounts, if you wanted to try a game you let your buddy try it over your house. Are we that tied to PSN accounts that we've forgotten that?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Apr 15, 2012

I wouldnt call my wife a major gamer. But when she sees a

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Soulwatcher wrote:

First, your wife plays video games? Second, is there something wrong that she can't say "hey, can I try that game for a while"? Back in the day you didn't need accounts, if you wanted to try a game you let your buddy try

I wouldnt call my wife a gamer. But when she see's a game she likes she buys it and plays it. I she has around 2k gamer score on the 360, all of which she did by herself. And yes its going to be a problem if she wants to play a game I already own and tied to my account. Because then I have to pay twice for a game I already own so she can get trophies or gamerscore.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes