Feb 01 2011
By: JOKERSHENCHMAN PlayStation MVP 2048 posts

Need help (Assassins Creed)

2 replies 10 views Edited Feb 1, 2011

I`m looking for a couple of games to help pass the time between this years triple-A games, and I`ve always been interested in Assassins Creed but I never got into it.

I have a copy of FF XIII that I never play that I`m going to sell, so should I buy AC2 and rent AC1 (for the story) Or is the story in AC1 skippable and can I go straight to AC2? Will I be confused?
Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (10 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13661 posts

Re: Need help (Assassins Creed)

Feb 1, 2011

If you don't care about trophies, buy the first AC. The story does link into AC2 and brotherhood. So if you want to beat the current trilogy, getting AC is a good idea. As I said, there are no trophies but playing all 3 games will definatly help pass the time.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Re: Need help (Assassins Creed)

Feb 2, 2011

Eh, you don't really need to play AC I before you play AC II. I beat AC II and am working on AC: B right now, and probably going to finish AC I last, as I just picked it up. You won't get lost, just the beginning takes a while to understand, (it did for me as I was new as well and started with AC II). I would definitely say buy ACII and rent AC I, for the same reason Hawfan267 mentioned, the lack of trophies in AC I (although buying AC I used is really cheap now, like $8 or something at Gamestop)

I definitely love AC II though, one of my favourites. Better than AC: B in my opinion

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (10 Views)
0 Likes