Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
16353 posts

Re: Need For Speed: The Run for $5 + FREE SHIPPING

Aug 12, 2012

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

I think I'd be more proned to renting games I'm not sure about to try out and see if I might like them. I hesistate on renting new releases because most of the time (at Hastings anyway) they're all rented out. Sometimes the people who rent them will renew to play them for a longer time period. Of course it's been awhile since I've been in Hastings and looked at the new release section of rental games. So I don't know if that's the case with them now. :smileyhappy:

Most of the new release I buy are series/franchises I'm most familiar with, like Madden, NCAA Football, NBA 2K, and Need for Speed. So I'm more than likely going to keep them unless they are really, really bad, even then I hestitate to trade them in because they aren't worth much in-store credit.

a void  games that coming out every 8-12 months..

God of War is an exception.. since they will not release another one so often...

since to me they are expansions.. ..   a series that i'm sick of is Dynasty Warriors.... 

I bought need for speed the run because it's $5..  but if it's a long running series with new game coming out so often that it's like expansions... i'll not bother..

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN + The Interview****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 27 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2798 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I think NCAA Football, Madden, NBA 2K, and Need for Speed are the only yearly releases I buy. I started buying Call of Duty games starting with Black Ops, so I was a late starter on the series. I know that a lot of people see yearly releases of sports games as roster expansions. I personally don't look at them that way, in NBA 2K's case the games seem to get better each year.

Message 22 of 27 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16353 posts

Aug 13, 2012

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

I think NCAA Football, Madden, NBA 2K, and Need for Speed are the only yearly releases I buy. I started buying Call of Duty games starting with Black Ops, so I was a late starter on the series. I know that a lot of people see yearly releases of sports games as roster expansions. I personally don't look at them that way, in NBA 2K's case the games seem to get better each year.

I rent all games.. unles it's $10-$15 ..

so modern warefare and black ops are no different....

**i saw MLB the show 11.. on bestbuy.. but.. :smileysad:..  not a sport game.. so i decided to save $10..

since i have loads of games that are still in WRAPPER at home!!!     :smileysad:  maybe should cancel my blockbuster game and movie pass  and just focus on playing the games that i have instead of new releases !!  :smileyhappy:LOL

Message 23 of 27 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2798 posts

Aug 13, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

I rent all games.. unles it's $10-$15 ..

so modern warefare and black ops are no different....

**i saw MLB the show 11.. on bestbuy.. but.. :smileysad:..  not a sport game.. so i decided to save $10..

since i have loads of games that are still in WRAPPER at home!!!     :smileysad:  maybe should cancel my blockbuster game and movie pass  and just focus on playing the games that i have instead of new releases !!  :smileyhappy:LOL

Well you could cancel your blockbuster membership, thing is do you want to waste $10-$15 on games you may not like? At least by renting new releases you have a good idea of what games are hits and misses. I usually open my new games and put them in the CD wallet right away. I just play whatever strikes my gaming fancy at that time. I had thought about getting MLB 11: The Show too, passed on it due to fact that I wanted something else.

Message 24 of 27 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16353 posts

Aug 13, 2012

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

Well you could cancel your blockbuster membership, thing is do you want to waste $10-$15 on games you may not like? At least by renting new releases you have a good idea of what games are hits and misses. I usually open my new games and put them in the CD wallet right away. I just play whatever strikes my gaming fancy at that time. I had thought about getting MLB 11: The Show too, passed on it due to fact that I wanted something else.

CD wallet??     so what about the game case?

Message 25 of 27 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2798 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

I keep the game cases on a bookshelf in my room, my game systems are in the living room right now.

Message 26 of 27 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16353 posts

Aug 14, 2012

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

I keep the game cases on a bookshelf in my room, my game systems are in the living room right now.

i need bigger book case... for my games :smileyhappy:

Message 27 of 27 (320 Views)
0 Likes