Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 27 2007
By: Carbonox_Ratchet Shinra Executive 45517 posts

~ Multi-Platform Titles ~

10 replies 5 views Edited Jan 27, 2007
A simple question for now...

When a multi-platform title comes out, do you buy just the one version - on the console you play most - or do you buy the different versions providing each version has something different to offer?

If I buy a game that's part of a series I love or if I know I'll love the game then I'll probably buy the version on all the consoles that it features on.

My prime example is Resident Evil.

I'm a massive fan of the series thus will buy any and every version of each game in the series. Resident Evil 4 is a good example because the PlayStation 2 version has many new features and extras that the Gamecube version does not. Hence why I bought both copies - even though the Gamecube one came out first.

The rest of the games in the series usually appear on more than one console apart from a few exclusives such as Resident Evil Outbreak/Outbreak File 2.

You might call me crazy for not sticking with just one version but I guess this is also down to being a collector and/or fanboy of the series.

But what if you're not a huge fan of a certain series? Would you buy a game and then buy the same game on another console? If so, why? Is it because you like the features on one version? Is it because you like the series and would buy every version that you can find?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5830 posts

Re: ~ Multi-Platform Titles ~

Jan 27, 2007
well this far i have been lucky. re4 for the ps2 came out before i owned a cube so i already had the ps2 version. and since i found out there was less in the gc version i didn't see the point. although i did get re1 for the gc even though i has beaten the ps1 version countless times cuz there is so much more to it.

marvel alliance is one i wouldn't go multi platform for. i've seen the first scene on the ps3 version and it looks great (you can almost feel nick's stubble) but for 2 extra characters (one who is pretty obscure) it just doesn't seem worth another 60 bucks even though i love the ps2 version

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.tmplace.net/
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jan 27, 2007
I generally only buy one version of multi-platform games, although I will be purchasing the Wii version of Twilight Princess at some point.  I purchased the GameCube version when it was released, thinking that I wasn't going to invest in a Wii anytime soon.  I'm not that big into multi-platform series, so only purchasing one version (usually from the system with the better control scheme) is enough for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Jan 27, 2007
If each game had a lil' something the other didn't? Heck yeah.
          I've got Sony and XB versions of all 3 GTA games because of the custom soundtrack features. I had the Cube version of RE4 first but even if got the PS2 version first...I still would get the other version just because there ARE differences,tho slight.
          I love GTA so much that if the downloadable content for each console is different...I will buy both. But if RE5 is the same exact game with no individual frills? Aww... who am I kidding? 1 each,please.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Jan 27, 2007
i only buy the ones on the console i have.

No one is perfect...except japanese, they are freaks.

Every reply that I did is intended to the OP unless posted otherwise, I write little so that people think and do not rely on others to feed them. We are humans not robots.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jan 27, 2007
I just buy it for the console I play the most.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7915 posts

Jan 28, 2007
I only have the PS2, so it makes it easy for me .

But soon when I get my 360 or PS3 (can't decide which) here what will happen:

If I get a 360, then I will probably buy the 360 version if there is a choice.

If I get a PS3, I will buy the PS3's version instead of the PS2's obviously.
Photobucket
REAL PSN I USE: eagles3613
Mike Vick wudddup
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Jan 28, 2007

eaglesrock36 wrote:

If I get a PS3, I will buy the PS3's version instead of the PS2's obviously.

There won't be a PS2 version of any PS3 game. Or else I'd be playing the PS2 version of Resistance about now.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Jan 28, 2007

ZanyD wrote:

eaglesrock36 wrote:
If I get a PS3, I will buy the PS3's version instead of the PS2's obviously.

There won't be a PS2 version of any PS3 game. Or else I'd be playing the PS2 version of Resistance about now.

With the exception of sports games. But then again, the PS3/Xbox 360 versions are more spruced up than the PS2/Xbox ones.

Message Edited by carbonox_ratchet on 01-28-2007 05:38 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21934 posts

Jan 28, 2007

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

With the exception of sports games. But then again, the PS3/Xbox 360 versions are more spruced up than the PS2/Xbox ones.

I didn't even think about sports titles cuz I NEVER play those. I stand corrected-ish.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (5 Views)
0 Likes