Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Re: Japanese PS3 Games: Which ones have English?

Aug 1, 2008

The back of the Japanese game cases all say "FOR JAPAN ONLY " in large capital letters above the UPC. As well, the game descripion on the back being written in Japanese should be a bit hint. Finally, all Japanese games have the CERO content rating value on the front bottom left corner.

BTW, the front page has now been updated with Dark Sector and Soul Caliber IV.

Message Edited by FireBomber7 on 08-01-2008 08:23 AM
PS(2x); PS2(3x); PS3(60GB>320GB); PC Engine/Super CD-ROM2; PCE Duo; Famicom; NES; AV Famicom; GB; Super Famicom; SNES; N64; Gameboy; GBA; DSlite(3); Wii; SG-1000; Mark III; Mega Drive/Mega CD1; Genesis/Sega CD2; Game Gear; Saturn; Dreamcast; Wonderswan Color; Neo Geo AES; Neo Geo CD; Neo Geo Pocket Color; 3DO; X-Box; MSX
Total game count: 578 games
Please use plain text.
Message 210 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 3, 2008
Hi Guys, just wanted to followup on my previous if enchanted arm is bilingual or not. tnx
Please use plain text.
Message 211 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Hey there ferdzjp. I am going to call Ubisoft Japan today and see if I can get them to tell me over the phone about which of their Japanese released titles offer bilingual play and to what degree. The customer service center for Ubisoft Japan opens at 11 so I shall give them a ring at that time. check back today and I will post any info I was able to glean.

All the best!

Please use plain text.
Message 212 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Aug 4, 2008

actually if you go to the enchanted arms U.S. site here:

http://enchantedarmsgame.us.ubi.com/

after the brief cinema plays go to the menu on the right and select game info then Playstation 3 key system features.

the fourth section down says this:

"Includes both the original Japanese and an all new English language track: choose to play the game with either Japanese or English dialouge"

this sounds promising but the information on this page is for the U.S. release only. There is no guarantee that this option will be in the Japanese version but let's hope so!

Please use plain text.
Message 213 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Thanks a lot crustpunker! yeah I actually stumbled on to that info as well but having doubts just like you as this from the US site and seems to be talking about the US release. Thanks in advance for volunteering to call UBSOFT japan on this. I know it had bad reviews bad I am really itching for an RPG on PS3 and so far this is the only one!

Please use plain text.
Message 214 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Aug 4, 2008

no worries!

you know, I used to understand the fact that there really was no outlet/ database / source of games that were bilingual and to what degree because of the region lock on PS1 and PS2 systems but one would think that since this has been done away with that the information would be made more readily available through the publishers. I mean it would really be a way to sell more games to the English speaking expat community here in Japan by doing something as simple as just letting us know somehow! (tiny text on the back of the box in Japanese even perhaps?)

I have gone through a few rpgs in Japanese but for me it just isn't as fun as playing in your own native language....

us expat gamers will usually buy pretty much anything that has bilingual capability (at least in my circle of friends here) but rpgs for the PS3 are certainly in short supply!!

Please use plain text.
Message 215 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Aug 4, 2008

Well, just got off the phone with the folks from Ubisoft Japan who have told me that ALL of the Japanese released games from ubisoft are Japanese only

I did specifically inquire about enchant arms and that too they said doesn't have the option to switch over to English...

damn......

had high hopes for that one.....

oh well.

I'm going to research some more phone numbers and call around to some other places to see if I can get any more information regarding bilingual games.

first up Capcom.....

Please use plain text.
Message 216 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Aug 4, 2008
just to clarify on the last post, the person I spoke to was talking about menus and text but did mention that some of the games have English audio....
Please use plain text.
Message 217 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 4, 2008
So basically, it's all fine for me since I'm bilingual. Lolol pwned. :]]]]]
Please use plain text.
Message 218 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 4, 2008

This small forum of gaijin gamers in Japan often updates English support information regarding Japanese games sold in Japan. I highly recommend it.

www.gaijingamers.com

Please use plain text.
Message 219 of 553 (1 View)
0 Likes