Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Re: Japanese PS3 Games: Which ones have English?

Apr 15, 2008

xche78x wrote:

FireBomber7 wrote:

xche78x wrote:

i hope the topic starter makes an official website or wiki of all japanese ps3 game releases with english option included for all of us english only people in japan.
if there is a site please let me know - "logmein1 - at - xche78x - dot - 50webs - dot - com"
edit
somebody said bladestorm has english subtitle, i never knew what he meant though
-
edit 2
Armored Core 4 For Answer - English Menu - Everything Throughout the game is Japanese

http://shortlink.co.uk/rwt

Anyone can start a website or make a wikipedia article about this topic.  I don't have exclusive rights to this.  I mearly started this thread, update the OP once and a while and leave a comment here and there.
Of the games you gave info for, the Bladestorm example is unclear and the link for Armored Core 4 doesn't work.  If anyone can verify more about these games, I'll add them to the list.

well you should make 1, it can be a real saver for us unsuspecting english only gamers in japan, like those US games that has stripped out of its original context and changed only with japanese.
i really hate what they have done with call of duty 4 and heavenly sword, lucky i opt to get the pc version for cod4 and swayed by average reviews of heavenly sword.
- nothing i can do about bladestorm, but i think it is heavy on japanese unlike what that gamepot user said.
- oh and sorry the armored core 4 for answer link, this forum still uses the old link which is bleeps i wonder why coz its an official website about short link called n-o-t-l-o-n-g.c-o-m
  neways just copy the text to the browser address input and you will see an ebay uk site saying the japanese version is in fact just japanese, but the menus are english.

The whole poing of my post was that I am not going to make any website or wiki about this.  You are free to make one, if you wish!

What was wrong with Heavenly Sword?  I have the Japanese version and it's fine.  Is the American version different?  I just played Call of Duty for the first time recently... no English at all other than the audio.  Too bad! 
PS(2x); PS2(3x); PS3(60GB>320GB); PC Engine/Super CD-ROM2; PCE Duo; Famicom; NES; AV Famicom; GB; Super Famicom; SNES; N64; Gameboy; GBA; DSlite(3); Wii; SG-1000; Mark III; Mega Drive/Mega CD1; Genesis/Sega CD2; Game Gear; Saturn; Dreamcast; Wonderswan Color; Neo Geo AES; Neo Geo CD; Neo Geo Pocket Color; 3DO; X-Box; MSX
Total game count: 578 games
Message 160 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Apr 15, 2008

McWack wrote:

Gr8 list. When i have info i'll drop it here.

But where do you guys order these games? Maybe we can add these sites to the opening post?

At y e s a s i a dot c o m they mostly do not ship PS3 games to countries in the European Union. (And i live in Holland, so that's a boger.)

I don't order, I just buy them from any store here in Japan.  I'm not going to add websites to the opening post since that isn't what I'm trying to do here.  I'm just listing Japanese PS3 games.
PS(2x); PS2(3x); PS3(60GB>320GB); PC Engine/Super CD-ROM2; PCE Duo; Famicom; NES; AV Famicom; GB; Super Famicom; SNES; N64; Gameboy; GBA; DSlite(3); Wii; SG-1000; Mark III; Mega Drive/Mega CD1; Genesis/Sega CD2; Game Gear; Saturn; Dreamcast; Wonderswan Color; Neo Geo AES; Neo Geo CD; Neo Geo Pocket Color; 3DO; X-Box; MSX
Total game count: 578 games
Message 161 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Apr 15, 2008
Hey guys, the Metal Gear Online Beta is going to be available soon. And I just wanted to know if anyone made their Konami ID, and got the beta code. I'm not sure if the beta will have cross region play. If not it would be nice to have people here in JP to plat against. Either way I'm looking for people to game with, so just send me a friend invite or post here and I'll send you one. When the game goes up on the 21st we can get some matches going and not have to worry to much about communication.
Message 162 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Apr 16, 2008

BBRyukyu wrote:
Hey guys, the Metal Gear Online Beta is going to be available soon. And I just wanted to know if anyone made their Konami ID, and got the beta code. I'm not sure if the beta will have cross region play. If not it would be nice to have people here in JP to plat against. Either way I'm looking for people to game with, so just send me a friend invite or post here and I'll send you one. When the game goes up on the 21st we can get some matches going and not have to worry to much about communication.

how about creating your own thread so more english speaking people here in Japan can read/know/join your campaign to organize such MGS4 Online Beta event.

PS. The Demo For "Armored Core 4 For Answer" is available in PSN (JP) for free of course.

totally playable by anyone! english menus somehow. Dont care much for story as long as i can bash em robots. try it! its fun!

for those who wanna add me, my username is he same as my PSN ID (US).

Message 163 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2008

ARMY OF TWO has JAPANESE menu's, with english dialogue.

Unfortunately it is incredibly difficult to navigate your way into a co-op game unless you know basic Kanji.

Which unfortunately I didn't. 

Message 164 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 25, 2008

I just bought PixelJunk Monsters (on sale for ¥500 until mid-May!), and it's bilingual. The very, very first info screen is in Japanese, but that's pre-game, pre even the Q games logo. It's just the copyright screen, I think. Then the game is in English if your PS3 is setup that way.

EDIT: If you're living in Japan, you can get PSN points without a credit card by going to a convenience store.

Link to explanation of how to buy credit (in Japanese)

http://www.econtext.jp/support/pay_contentsid/ (if the above doesn't work). 

Message Edited by vinyl_warrior on 04-25-2008 07:45 AM
Message 165 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 27, 2008

Been follwing this thread for a while as I live in Japan dont want to always have to buy my games abroad.  Great idea starting it.

Anybody know whether the Japanese GT5 Prologue has split screen? Looking for a game i can play with my girfriend and she likes racing but cant find any

PS3 racing games that have split screen.

Thx

Message 166 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 28, 2008
Ridge Racer has split screen racing and is in english, and yes you can play GT split screen racing.
Message Edited by gman20 on 04-27-2008 07:23 PM
Message 167 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 28, 2008
A friend of mine threw in Spider-Man 3 when I bought my PS3, it has all the English audio tracks, but all the menus are in Japanese.  Not that hard to figure out.
Message 168 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 30, 2008

Hello everyone.  

First post and I have to say that this is a great thread.  I finally broke down and got a ps3 last week and I am ever so glad that I did.  For a bit of bio.  I am a tattooed freaky gaijin married to a Jgirl in Tokyo.  

I am so glad to have found this thread.  What a life saver.  Anyway, let me add a couple of games to the list if you don't mind.  

1. Transformers - English audio with Japanese sub-titles and menus.

2. Need for Speed: ProStreet - only in Japanese

3. Stuntman Ignition - only in Japanese

Hope this helps.  

I look forward to keeping up with everyone here and I will definitely keep an eye on this dandy thread 

Message 169 of 553 (3 Views)
0 Likes