MVP Support
11953 posts

Re: I am only looking forward to 2 games this year, the rest of the games are bland!

Apr 5, 2012

Soulwatcher wrote:

I hate to say it but I am only looking forward to Ghost Recon and Borderlands 2. The rest of the game line up this year is bland at best. You really can tell these consoles are at the end of their life cycle. Games really start to suck just before the new consoles come out.

To be honest with you, I’m not looking forward to any more video games this year. I will probably check out Resident Evil 6 at some point but nothing this year comes to my mind as a video game that I absolutely need to add to my video game collection. I would rather look into the past and see which kinds of video games I have overlooked than spend money on newly released video games (some exceptions). I seem to overlook phenomenal titles all of the time (probably because money doesn't grow on trees).

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 11 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Re: I am only looking forward to 2 games this year, the rest of the games are bland!

Apr 6, 2012

I just want Last Guardian and ME3 (once the bugs are all worked out)

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 12 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26346 posts

Apr 6, 2012

I actually just put a reserve on Sniper Elite V2 today.

Message 13 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Apr 6, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Soulwatcher wrote:

I hate to say it but I am only looking forward to Ghost Recon and Borderlands 2. The rest of the game line up this year is bland at best. You really can tell these consoles are at the end of their life cycle. Games really start to suck just before the new consoles come out.

To be honest with you, I’m not looking forward to any more video games this year. I will probably check out Resident Evil 6 at some point but nothing this year comes to my mind as a video game that I absolutely need to add to my video game collection. I would rather look into the past and see which kinds of video games I have overlooked than spend money on newly released video games (some exceptions). I seem to overlook phenomenal titles all of the time (probably because money doesn't grow on trees).

yeah i'm actually in a very similar boat.

Aside from Devil May Cry HD collection (which is out and I have ordered), there was nothing really that has caught my interest and made me feel like "I HAVE TO GET THAT GAME!"

Resident Evil 6 is more than likely a buy for me, and The Last of Us looks interesting as well, but there really isn't anything that makes me feel "GOTTA GET IT"

Ni no Kuni looks interesting though.

Message 14 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Apr 6, 2012

I'm looking forward to plenty of games.  Every game in the list up there plus more!  Last year was one of those freak years like the year Halflife 2 hit that there was a crazy amount of great titles hitting at once.  But, it never fails, for me every year I get psyched for both big releases and the lesser known games on PSN/Steam. 

That is one point I would make, if PS3 isn't exciting you there is PC and on these days you don't even need an expensive gaming PC to play most games, since the consoles are so old.

When I get tired of consoles I hop onto Steam and see what's new in PC land.  A little variety doesn't hurt.  The new f2p craze has so many great free games to explore on PC it's ridiculous.  Then you can go back to PS3 and feel refreshed. 

Message 15 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
579 posts

Apr 7, 2012

Mr-Quu wrote:

I'm looking forward to plenty of games.  Every game in the list up there plus more!  Last year was one of those freak years like the year Halflife 2 hit that there was a crazy amount of great titles hitting at once.  But, it never fails, for me every year I get psyched for both big releases and the lesser known games on PSN/Steam. 

That is one point I would make, if PS3 isn't exciting you there is PC and on these days you don't even need an expensive gaming PC to play most games, since the consoles are so old.

When I get tired of consoles I hop onto Steam and see what's new in PC land.  A little variety doesn't hurt.  The new f2p craze has so many great free games to explore on PC it's ridiculous.  Then you can go back to PS3 and feel refreshed.

I own 81 PC games and I have a decent rig, I often find myself playing more on PC then PS3 and 360.

Message 16 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Apr 8, 2012

This year has a few games I am really excited about. I did get to play one of them already...Mass Effect 3...great game but the ending was very disappointing. Here are some others I am looking forward to...

• Hitman: Absolution
  • Tomb Raider
  • Far Cry 3
  • Assassin's Creed III

I am also looking forward to The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V but I doubt those two games will release this year.

Message 17 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 8, 2012

I don't care whether a game is exclusive or not, I just buy if I like it. With that said, I agree there's not that many games that I find interesting this year. In fact save for 2 ( which I still need to see more details on) I doubt I'll buy any 2012 game. I'll just buy last year games that I haven't played yet.

The irony here is that I find Borderlands and Ghost Recon to be precisely those 'bland' games the OP is talking about. And the other examples he mentioned, AC, GTA, etc are games I haven't bought yet because they don't really do much to me.

The way I see it I've either become too picky or this whole gen just sucks. And being that I'm a narcissist, I'm going for the latter option.

damagon123 Trophy Card
Message 18 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Apr 8, 2012

To the OP.  Borderlands 2 FTMFW!  :thumbsup:

That's the only game I Can't Wait for.  But there are other games I'll buy this year.. If they get released.  GTA:V and DMC are a couple.   But.. As soon as BL2 drops, it's all over.  I'll be lost in that game.. For a loooonnggg time.

Message 19 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes