Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 31 2011
By: flagstealer Splicer 65 posts
Accepted Solution

How much circulation does the ps3 need

13 replies 745 views Edited Jul 31, 2011

I have my ps3 in a wood entertainment center. It's on the bottom shelf and I have the front doors open to allow more circulation. The problem is behind the ps3 where until the back shelf there is about 6-8 inches of space. On the sides there are is about 4 inches of space and like I said the front is open.  Is this enough or should i try to put my ps3 somewhere else? I have a carpet floor and from what I have read; it's not a good idea to put a ps3 on that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Re: How much circulation does the ps3 need

Jul 31, 2011

anyone?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 31, 2011

sorry to bump this up again, but my ps3 slim seems to get hot (like when i touch the bottom after I play for a few hours). So i'm just wondering if I need to give my ps3 more space

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Based on what you're telling us you definitely need more circulation. If it is possible try and keep your PS3 out in the open, not enclosed by anything. I wouldn't take any chances, so if it is possible, put it out in the open.

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 31, 2011

So what surface should i put it on? Is a shoe box or a textbook fine? I can't use the carpet and there is nothing nearby to put the ps3 on

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Is there anywhere else you could possibly put it in your entertainment centre? Is it tall? Is it possible to put on top of?

If you're gaming extensively, where you have it right now is probably not the best place, only because it is so enclosed.

If it's only like an hour here an hour there, and you give it time to cool off it should be okay. Only reason why I say this is because if you're gaming like 3+ hours chances are it's not a good spot, because the fan is at the back.

If you could post a picture maybe of the space it's currently in we could judge it better.

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 1, 2011

PS3 setup.jpgThat's the picture of the area. I measured and there is 10 inches of room behind the ps3 (when I have the ps3 stuck out as seen in the picture). There is about 7 inches of room to the right and 4 inches of room to the left.

I also researched and found that the ps3 slim getting hot underdeath is normal so i shouldn't be concerned about that.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Aug 1, 2011

If you are gaming extensively that space you have your PS3 in is not an ideal place. It would be better to have it in a open area. I live in a hot climate so I would never place my PS3 in a closed environment like that. And I game A LOT.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7547 posts

Aug 1, 2011

I would jus put it on top of a Coffee Table or sumthin.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14002 posts

Aug 1, 2011

flagstealer wrote:

I have my ps3 in a wood entertainment center. It's on the bottom shelf and I have the front doors open to allow more circulation. The problem is behind the ps3 where until the back shelf there is about 6-8 inches of space. On the sides there are is about 4 inches of space and like I said the front is open.  Is this enough or should i try to put my ps3 somewhere else? I have a carpet floor and from what I have read; it's not a good idea to put a ps3 on that.

That sounds like enough. As long as your space is cool enough and you dust (so that dust doesn't get in the system) around the system from time to time, you should be OK.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (745 Views)
0 Likes