Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Re: Foul language in videogames is it neccessary or not?

Aug 8, 2012

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
Oooh...a new necrobump! But sure, I'll bite, and also reflect on what most people have said; it really depends on the game and the situation.

And I do find it interesting that the OP complains about M-rated games getting into the hands of "innocent" kids who don't know better, like its the only place they'll learn to swear...what about R-rated (or worse) movies and TV? I know many of them are as bad or worse then the worst language-offending games. Would the parents not be at fault if the kid saw them, like some suggest should happen when a kid plays an M-rated game?

Quite a bit of dead threads have been resurrected lately. Wonder why.

I'm sure most children have heard (and learned) far far worse from their parents than they have from any game, movie or tv show. I know my daughter has.

Message 51 of 56 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Aug 8, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
Oooh...a new necrobump! But sure, I'll bite, and also reflect on what most people have said; it really depends on the game and the situation.

And I do find it interesting that the OP complains about M-rated games getting into the hands of "innocent" kids who don't know better, like its the only place they'll learn to swear...what about R-rated (or worse) movies and TV? I know many of them are as bad or worse then the worst language-offending games. Would the parents not be at fault if the kid saw them, like some suggest should happen when a kid plays an M-rated game?

Quite a bit of dead threads have been resurrected lately. Wonder why.

I'm sure most children have heard (and learned) far far worse from their parents than they have from any game, movie or tv show. I know my daughter has.

Oh, I agree. I hate that the "focus" society (or at least the media) has on games is that they are all bad and need stronger monitoring/censoring (depending on who you ask) and that parents shouldn't be expected to actually parent in this situation; games are for kids and its not their nor their parents' fault for them playing an M-rated game. Gamers are evil (it seems every time I hear about someone going crazy and shooting someone they always try to frame gaming) and games should be outlawed and crap like that (nevermind that its so dang easy for kids to get their hands on R-rated or worse movies and content online; no, its always gaming's fault)

Message 52 of 56 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

since it looks like a T for teen game it wont be bad if they curse now and then.not like YOU **bleep** **bleep** sucking **bleep** im going to **bleep** in your **bleep** and **bleep** **bleep** all over in your face. but like "dam you" and "oh crap"

Message 53 of 56 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

That's why the ratings come into play for this. Parents need to be aware of this.

Since I'm playing solo all the time without any kids involvement, I don't see any violations for me.

Many online PS3 games like RE ORC and Uncharted 2/3 said offensive language from their mics !

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 54 of 56 (384 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Aug 8, 2012

eloratings wrote:
Many online PS3 games like RE ORC and Uncharted 2/3 said offensive language from their mics !

Any game with online will have people that are over-the-top with cursing. Doesn't matter if you are on the PC, PS3 or 360. There will always be people who just curse way too much. That can't be monitored by the game, and its why the games always say "online interractions are not rated by the ESRB"

Message 55 of 56 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Aug 8, 2012

eloratings wrote:

That's why the ratings come into play for this. Parents need to be aware of this.

Parents do need to be aware of the ratings without a doubt. This is where being a gamer parent comes in handy. We're more aware of what's in a game than a non-gaming parent.

Message 56 of 56 (374 Views)
0 Likes