Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 07 2012
By: PapaWarlock PlayStation MVP 11171 posts

Ever Bought A Game More Than Once?

13 replies 464 views Edited Aug 7, 2012

About 2 months ago I went back to Darksiders on my 360 and finished the game. Darksiders is my only 1000/1000 360 game. A couple of days ago I decided to buy Darksiders for my PS 3 and am in the process of getting the Platinum in it. I really enjoy Darksiders. I also bought Mass Effect 2 on the 360 but when I learned it would come out for the PS 3 I traded in my 360 copy for a PS 3 copy.  Oddly enough I ended up with the Platinum in ME 2 but not the 1000/1000 GS for it on the 360. I also bought Persona 3 for the PS 2, and ended up buying Persona 3 Portable to play on my Vita.

All 3 games that I've done that with are great games (in my opinion) and were well worth re-purchasing. But it got me wondering if I'm just an oddball in that regards or if others have done the same thing.

Has anyone else ever bought a game on one system and then bought it again for another system? Any particular reason why you did that?

Message 1 of 14 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Ever Bought A Game More Than Once?

Aug 7, 2012

Nah, I don't personally once I have it for one system I justt play it on their. Just seems like a waste of money for me.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 2 of 14 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Aug 7, 2012
Don't know if it counts, but the only games I bought twice were GoW 1 & 2 for PS2, then bought the HD collection on PS3.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 14 (457 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2050 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I bought a second copy of Valkyria Chronicles to support the game. Recently, I bought a second Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XII because I found it on sale for a great price, and I love Final Fantasy XII. Of course, there's also downloadable titles. I own several different ports of various Final Fantasy games, too.

In the PS2 days, I had a few copies of certain games for playing online with multiple systems, too.

And I'm sure there are other instances I'm forgetting.

Spoony Bard

Message 4 of 14 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Aug 8, 2012

actually, this happened to me buying the same game during PS2 era. I bought MGS2: Sons of Liberty and MGS3: Snake Eater, then the new extra contents for MGS2: Substance & MGS3: Subsistence consecutively appeared in the market for PS2. I ended up buying those games. 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 5 of 14 (445 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Aug 8, 2012

There are actually fewer instances in which I've purchased the same game across multiple platforms than there are times I've gotten the same game on a single platform. My most recent incident has happened with God of War Origins. Having already bought God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PSP, the digital version of Origins was on sale through the PlayStation 3. $20 isn't a bad price for the both of them, and Ghost Sparta wasn't a story I've been through yet, so I ended up going for it.

Mentioning the PSP, there are other cases of Final Fantasy Tactics throughout the years. The first was when I rented the first game on the PlayStation. Again I've purchased Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions on the handheld. Once more still unfinished, I've picked up the original port on the PlayStation 3.

There are numerous other PSOne Classics I've gotten again, whether wanting to replay an old game for nostalgia or just being a free download. From Silent Hill over to Wild Arms, I've taken the liberty to add many of these to my collection again. Over the years I've also purchased games on multiple accounts, such as Final Fantasy VIII or Call of Duty releases. Whether friends wanted me to get the games again or I just had the urge to replay them, there have definitely been those moments when I've visited and revisited a title. Remakes are yet another story.

Message 6 of 14 (442 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Aug 8, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Mentioning the PSP, there are other cases of Final Fantasy Tactics throughout the years. The first was when I rented the first game on the PlayStation. Again I've purchased Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions on the handheld. Once more still unfinished, I've picked up the original port on the PlayStation 3.

I'm actually contemplating the God of War Saga collection so that I can get the 2 PSP games for cheap. I can easily give my God of War Collection and God of War III to my brother whenever he finally joins this generation of gaming.

I'd all but forgotten about the multiple re-releases of Square games. I think I've bought FF 4 times, FF IV and VI 2 or 3 times each. I bought digital copies of VII, VIII & IX. I did have the PC versions of VII & VIII (borrowed I think) but bought the PS 1 versions when I was able to. I hated playing FF on the PC. While I"m not a fan of FF X, I'll end up buying the remastered versions if they are released. Most likely for the Vita rather than the PS 3. I think I've bought most of the DQ ports as well. :smileyvery-happy:

FrescanteBozak wrote:
Don't know if it counts, but the only games I bought twice were GoW 1 & 2 for PS2, then bought the HD collection on PS3.

Yeah that counts :smileyvery-happy:

ResidentZoidberg wrote:

And I'm sure there are other instances I'm forgetting.

Getting old bites doesn't it Zoid?

Message 7 of 14 (437 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Well, I've bought Dragon Age: Origins for both the PC and PS3. Beat it twice on the PC, at least three times on the PS3 (have another in the works). I've also bought Fallout 3 twice, PC and PS3 again, though the PC copy had so many bugs and crashed so many times I never finished it (have 100% trophies on the PS3 though).

I've also bought two copies of Assassin's Creed 2, MAG, Boarderlands, Skyrim and Oblivion, though the second copies were all gifts (does this still count?)

I am looking to buy the Journey Collector's Edition later on, so that would be buying two of all three of those games...

I know I'm missing some too; just too late to think straight lol.
Message 8 of 14 (435 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

I don't think I've ever bought the exact same game more than once (unless you count games I bought for others).  I have gotten a few repeated Steam games from indie bundles though; I give those to my brothers/friends when I can.  But I have done that with movies :smileytongue:.  I recently bought the newest Futurama season twice because I never opened it so I forgot about it.  

Most recently, I bought the Silent Hill HD collection, already having 2 and 3 on PS2.  This series is the worst offender for me.  I also bought the greatest hits version of SH2 for the extra Maria content, so I have 3 versions of it.  I have Silent Hill as a PS1 classic and disc.  The disc doesn't emulate properly, my PS1 and PS2 are broken (I haven't tried recently, but I believe that was the case - not reading CDs anymore), and my slim PS2 doesn't read PS1 memory cards, so I kind of had to in order to play it again.  I also have Silent Hill Origins on both PS2 (before I had a PSP) and PSP (it was cheap).

Oddworld is a weird one; I bought the bundle on Steam but I also have #1 on PC and #2 on PS1.  I also now have the free PS1 classics from PS+.  I have yet to finish any of them :smileysad:.  I have the GameCube Zelda collections and also the 3DS Ocarina of Time.  I recently got Majora's Mask from Club Nintendo, so I didn't exactly buy it.  I also bought Super Street Fighter IV 3DS, which I have on PS3 (as a gift).

Some others (pretty sure this is a complete list):

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii, Gamecube 1+2)

Chrono Trigger (DS/PS2)

Final Fantasy 4 (PS2/PSP)

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1/PSP)

Blood Omen (PC/PS1 classic)

Penny Arcade Adventures 1+2 (PC, PS3 - they were cheap on PS3; I wanted to play them again and also get some trophies.  I just realized I gained another trophy level :smileyvery-happy:)

Message 9 of 14 (422 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7036 posts

Aug 12, 2012

yes i have bought 2 copies of Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, inFAMOUS, Warhawk, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Fat Princess, ModNation Racers. btw sometimes i buy one copy for me and another one for my little nephew, thats why i buy 2 copies of the same game more than once. 

Message 10 of 14 (408 Views)
0 Likes