Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2008
By: Solicite~ Lombax Warrior 167 posts

Christmas List Advice :)

1 replies 4 views Edited Nov 18, 2008

I am hoping for two PS3 games this X-Mas. I certainly want Resistance 2, but I'm not sure what else to get. I am an open-minded gamer and like just about all kinds of games. I'm leaning towards Bioshock, Valkyire Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, or Call of Duty: World at War, or maybe even Motostorm: Pacific Rift. I know this is a hugely open ended question, but what do you think I should get and why? I am very open-minded about the second choice.

Current Game Library:

Madden 08

Madden 09

Assassin's Creed

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Resistance: Fall of Man

Unreal Tournament 3

Dead Space

Little Big Planet

Fallout 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

psn: Miami_Platinum
Message 1 of 2 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: Christmas List Advice :)

Nov 18, 2008

If you are open-minded as you say you are, honestly, any of those games should satisfy you.  I know a friend who played Eternal Sonata, and said it was ok, not a final fantasy, but ok.  Other than that, Bioshock, Valkyria Chronicles, and cod5 are great games.  And Motorstorm as well.  :smileytongue:

Going by your list, it seems you don't have cod4, and cod5 is essentially a cod4 because it's the same engine, except it takes place in WWII.  Essentially, what Treyarch did was a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, meaning they took what was successful in cod4 and did some tweaking, and bam, you have cod5.  And then there's that survival nazi zombie mode.

Personally, I think I'm going with Valyria Chronicles because I want to take a step away from all the FPS shooters that have saturated the hardcore gaming market.  All in all though, any of those games should keep you entertained for a while.

Message 2 of 2 (4 Views)
0 Likes