Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2011
By: Smooth423 Lombax Warrior 101 posts

Can we do away with Midnight releases?

17 replies 19 views Edited Jan 3, 2011

Ever been to a midnight release.  They are as fun as stading outside for a blackfriday sale.  Except you alread paid for it and are just waiting to hold it in your hand.  Most people have work the next day.  What do you ever really gain beside playing the game 10 hours before everyone else.  Most of the time Japan and Europe get them way before us.  So why do it?

Message 1 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Re: Can we do away with Midnight releases?

Jan 3, 2011

Then don't go to them anymore if you don't enjoy it.

question answered.

Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 2 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2152 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Actually, Europe gets their games either on the same date as North America or a few days/weeks after. It is not very often when a game will come out in Europe before North America.

If you don't like or enjoy midnight releases just don't go to them. Simple as that. Additionally, it won't kill you to wait an extra 12 hours to pick up "anticipated game 22897393823198".

I have never been to a midnight release nor do I ever plan on going to one. So I can't really say too much about them. Though,  I can wait the half a day to pick up a video game, can you?

PSN ID: Yawnier, feel free to add me.
Message 3 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I've never been to a midnight release and never plan on going to a midnight release for a video game.

Nothing against the people that do decide to queue up for a chance to play a game before most others. It's just that I'd rather do something else than stand in line outside of a game store at midnight.

Message 4 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Im saying I have been there before.  Im not knocking people that do it, but more-less saying why?  Why do we need a game before people. 

Message 5 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I think midnight releases have their place.  Some people are super pumped to get their hands on a game and want it early so they don't have to worry about getting it the following morning or after work the next day.... that way they have more time to enjoy it.  I've only been to one midnight release and the thought of being one of the first people to own it/play it didn't even occur to me as a reason for doing it.... I just simply wanted the game - and I suspect that's what a majority of people do it for as well.

Message 6 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2464 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Personally I enjoy going to midnight releases you get the game early and most of the time they do some type of party for everybody there which makes its fun.Are they needed no but,its still something fun to do IMO

Message 7 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28897 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Well they build excitement and most of the time they can be pretty fun.

Except for the one time, when I worked for a game store, we had a Midnight release for Wii Sports Resort which made me take the day off.

Message 8 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I've never gone to a midnight release because I really don't have something like a Gamestop or other kind of store that does that sort of thing. I get the bulk of my games from Wal-Mart and we pretty much have to wait because for a small town store they may not even get the shipment or put them out on shelves until noon the next day. On the other hand I can see where people do feel the need to go to midnight releases. I think some people go not because they can't wait for the game, but they're afraid that if they do wait the game might be sold out until the next shipment. Some stores have a nasty habit of only ordering what they have pre-ordered.

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Message 9 of 18 (19 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Jan 4, 2011

To each his own. If you dont want to, you dont have to.

Message 10 of 18 (19 Views)
0 Likes