Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 22 2009
By: BigBoss712188 Lombax Warrior 243 posts

when will the official HOME application be out instead of BETA?

17 replies 3 views Edited Mar 22, 2009

I have been woundering this for a while, and I have not heard anything new. I see new DL items for the HOME application but I still havent heard about the end of the beta and when the offical final product will be out and what will be changed and so on.

when will the PS3 home end beta and start the official home application? 

"If you're good at something, never do it for free. " The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Message 1 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
815 posts

Re: when will the official HOME application be out instead of BETA?

Mar 22, 2009

BigBoss712188 wrote:

I have been woundering this for a while, and I have not heard anything new. I see new DL items for the HOME application but I still havent heard about the end of the beta and when the offical final product will be out and what will be changed and so on.

Probably never.

Message 2 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1959 posts

Mar 22, 2009

Yosho-sama wrote:

Probably never.

Someone did post one time that Sony stated that Home, on the PS3, will always be in a beta stage.  No idea how true that is though.

Message 3 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5076 posts

Mar 22, 2009

red_fraggle76 wrote:

Yosho-sama wrote:

Probably never.

Someone did post one time that Sony stated that Home, on the PS3, will always be in a beta stage.  No idea how true that is though.

yes that is correct. home will basically always remain in the "beta stage" as it will continue to grow more and more and evolve, and will always be updated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Mar 22, 2009
What's the rush. It's not like HOME has legs to run lol.
League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 5 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1959 posts

Mar 22, 2009

xTRICKYx_USMC wrote:

red_fraggle76 wrote:

Yosho-sama wrote:

Probably never.

yes that is correct. home will basically always remain in the "beta stage" as it will continue to grow more and more and evolve, and will always be updated.

I appriciate that.  I know that even when I'm 75 and on my PS12 Home will still be evolving, but don't they realize they are losing support from people simply because of the "Beta"?  It would be better to just drop "Home" and refer to it simply as "Beta".
Message 6 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5076 posts

Mar 22, 2009

red_fraggle76 wrote:

xTRICKYx_USMC wrote:

red_fraggle76 wrote:

Yosho-sama wrote:

Probably never.

I appriciate that.  I know that even when I'm 75 and on my PS12 Home will still be evolving, but don't they realize they are losing support from people simply because of the "Beta"?  It would be better to just drop "Home" and refer to it simply as "Beta".

well i do agree they may be losing respect and business from some people, but at the same they are still gaining business as new users are buying ps3's and using home.. some are happy with home and others will never been satisfied..  i mean you can't really expect anything truly amazing to come out of home other then what it is now, and game spaces. the only reason they are losing alot of support is due to the fact that everyone unfortunatly misunderstood the true meaning of home. i see nothing wrong with it always remaining in the beta stage. not everything is perfect and there will always be room for error, and i expect that. as long as they keep it usable then i am okay

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 18 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Mar 22, 2009

red_fraggle76 wrote:

xTRICKYx_USMC wrote:

red_fraggle76 wrote:

Yosho-sama wrote:

Probably never.

i respectfully disagree, by simply putting the word "beta" in the name Sony is saying "we are willing to keep something going and growing for as long as we can." <----that was me speaking for Sony :robottongue:
that is if indeed it will forever be a beta, I do not have a problem with this I was just curious, after all it is a way of keeping the PSN free which I hope it does stay free.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free. " The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Message 8 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 22, 2009

BigBoss712188 wrote:

Best bet late this year or early next year.  Sorry to say but Sony has yet to tell us anything new about this topic.

xTRICKYx_USMC wrote:

What does Home growing and evolveing have to do with it saying in beta forever?  What are you saying a program can't grow and keep evolveing unless it's in beta?  You know how dumb that sounds? 

Yes it's true Home will more then likely never stop growing but that does NOT mean that it has to stay in beta forever.  Let me ask you this have you ever got an FW update for your PS3 they may of added things like Life with PlayStation, Home and Photo Gallery.   We got all thoes updates not to log ago.  But wate!  Your PS3's OS is not a beta!  So your PS3's OS is "growing" and "evolveing" and yet it's not a beta.  Other programs and games work the same way and they are also not beta's.

Please!  Sony has never said that Home was going to stay in beta forever so don't start rumors about it.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 9 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4711 posts

Mar 22, 2009
never, they like the name beta anyway's.
XxPyleXx Trophy Card
Message 10 of 18 (3 Views)
0 Likes