Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Re: when's xmas coming to home

Dec 15, 2012

hazu360 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 most ppl in Japan dont?? and what is this base on it is very true that a long time ago it was mostly just a thing for dateing now a days many ppl do have a xmas with lights and a sort of santa heck go look at a KFC on xmas its one of the big placees to go in Japan they have ppl dress up as kenta kun there and yes xmas is not a day off ppl still do get into it very much:smileytongue:

Umm, Ok?  So most people in Japan that don't live next to an KFC don't celebrate Christmas.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 49 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Dec 15, 2012

My point was xmas is in Japan as well and it is very dumb to brush it off as if it's not something they have here and i was not saying its just KFC i  was just pointing out what KFC dose  ( -__- )  anyway i cant help that NA is slow with there stuff

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 49 (226 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25823 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Certain events will repeat themselves based on dates and our interest in them. I recommend posting requests regarding specific holidays two or three months in advance in the official monthly suggestion thread started by Mr. GlassWalls.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 49 (218 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Dec 15, 2012

hazu360 wrote:

My point was xmas is in Japan as well and it is very dumb to brush it off as if it's not something they have here and i was not saying its just KFC i  was just pointing out what KFC dose  ( -__- )  anyway i cant help that NA is slow with there stuff

You might want to re-read my post.  I said "most people" I've been to Japan I have friends in Japan most people do NOT celebrate Christmas.  It's not like it is in NA at all you can go from town to town and not see one Christmas ornament.

Yea, there is small amout of people that do but its not a big deal over there.  That's why I said "most" people.

If you have never been to act like you know what your talking about.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 49 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Dec 15, 2012

There is just no point anymore im done you win ^W^ after all you know what your talking about :smileytongue: it may not be the same as NA but its still a day for ppl to have fun some give gifts some don't true you do not get the day off like NA but then agen not all ppl in NA have the same sort of xmas some ppl have ummm hanukkah i think is the name?? so i guess i can say im sure there are streets in NA that have nothing at all too? right and? but your the one who is right not me

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 49 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Dec 15, 2012

hazu360 wrote:

There is just no point anymore im done you win ^W^ after all you know what your talking about :smileytongue: it may not be the same as NA but its still a day for ppl to have fun some give gifts some don't true you do not get the day off like NA but then agen not all ppl in NA have the same sort of xmas some ppl have ummm hanukkah i think is the name?? so i guess i can say im sure there are streets in NA that have nothing at all too? right and? but your the one who is right not me

Ok, then let me make another point then.  Very few people ever go on the Japan server.  But don't take my word for it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Feels-like-a-waste/m-p/15104091#M44445

So why does a server that very few people go on have an event before us?

As for your point it's the same as mind.  There are all kinds of people out there and all kinds of religious.  Chinese have thers Jews have hanukkah.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 49 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Dec 15, 2012

^ Um, that thread's from 2009...why would you use that as evidence? Times have changed :smileyindifferent:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 49 (194 Views)
I Only Post Everything
808 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

hazu360 wrote:

You might want to re-read my post.  I said "most people" I've been to Japan I have friends in Japan most people do NOT celebrate Christmas.  It's not like it is in NA at all you can go from town to town and not see one Christmas ornament.

Yea, there is small amout of people that do but its not a big deal over there.  That's why I said "most" people.

If you have never been to act like you know what your talking about.

If your talking about if Japan's Christmas is the same as NA Christmas then it's no. But it is a big event. There are alot of similarities, but Japan's Christmas is more of a commercial event rather than religious. Friends, love ones, or family get together and eat and send presents and party. But most don't do things such as getting together with relative members (that's more of New Years), or decorating houses, or decorating trees in the house(since they don't have space). They also don't do Christmas cards (That's also more of New Years).

But I have to say the statement "It's not like it is in NA at all you can go from town to town and not see one Christmas ornament." is wrong. Unless you went to the countryside then maybe, but if you were in the city then there's no way you could have missed the decorations. Many stores are decorated and have special Christmas sales and stuff. Or are you talking about houses? If that's the case, then your right on that part.

Here's a site that pretty much explains everything on Xmas in Japan. http://tanutech.com/japan/jxmas.html

Also try googling images "christmas japan" and you'll see tons of of cities with decorations.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 49 (193 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

Did you make a point? your saying the home JPN server is dead?? ok not dead but that Very few people ever go on the Japan server. jeez i think your mixing up JPN with the Chinese server as JPN is never dead maybe that guy or girl went to the club on a off day. and due to the fact most NA players prob long on when it's very late in Japan or very early they may not have seen that meny players but JPN servers are far far from haveing very few ppl. there is all ways ppl on when was the last time you were there? anyway read what nagon111 is saying That is all facts and now im done as this is going off topic thank you and have a good day night morning ect^^

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 49 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Dec 15, 2012

nagon111 wrote:
If your talking about if Japan's Christmas is the same as NA Christmas then it's no. But it is a big event. There are alot of similarities, but Japan's Christmas is more of a holiday commercial event rather than religious. Friends, love ones, or family get together and eat and send presents and party. But most don't do things such as getting together with relative members (that's more of New Years), or decorating houses, or decorating trees in the house(since they don't have space). They also don't do Christmas cards (That's also more of New Years).

But I have to say the statement "It's not like it is in NA at all you can go from town to town and not see one Christmas ornament." is wrong. Unless you went to the countryside then maybe, but if you were in the city then there's no way you could have missed the decorations. Many stores are decorated and have special Christmas sales and stuff. Or are you talking about houses? If that's the case, then your right on that part.

That is 100% what I was saying.  But I don't know when the last time you saw Japan was it's different after the earthquake and tsunami.  They are all trying to find ways to cut back on the power so yes a lot of decorating houses is a thing of the past (for now).

hazu360 wrote:

Did you make a point? your saying the home JPN server is dead?? ok not dead but that Very few people ever go on the Japan server. jeez i think your mixing up JPN with the Chinese server as JPN is never dead maybe that guy or girl went to the club on a off day. and due to the fact most NA players prob long on when it's very late in Japan or very early they may not have seen that meny players but JPN servers are far far from haveing very few ppl. there is all ways ppl on when was the last time you were there? anyway read what nagon111 is saying That is all facts and now im done as this is going off topic thank you and have a good day night morning ect^^

Well you ask me questions and then tell me your done?  Ok...

I think I was clear on my point..  As your friend nagon111 pointed out for me Japan Christmas is not the same as Christmas in North America again as nagon111 put it Christmas is nothing more then a event in Japan.  Also as you your self pointed out that not everyone in Japan celebrates Christmas a lot less then here in NA.

My point was we on the NA server should have the biggest and best Christmas event! Why some servers that sometimes look like a gost town should get there even before us and as nagon111 said its just an event to them.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 49 (153 Views)
0 Likes