Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Re: when's xmas coming to home

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

That is 100% what I was saying.  But I don't know when the last time you saw Japan was it's different after the earthquake and tsunami.  They are all trying to find ways to cut back on the power so yes a lot of decorating houses is a thing of the past (for now).

I think your explanation was pretty bad and pretty much pointed out that Japan as a whole don't celebrate Christmas. That's why the arguement broke out.

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

My point was we on the NA server should have the biggest and best Christmas event! Why some servers that sometimes look like a gost town should get there even before us and as nagon111 said its just an event to them.

Your using a 3 year old single thread and a 1.5 year old space as evidence to judge that? (cafe lounge came in close beta 2007 in JP, changed to music cafe in late 2009). Try comparing some 1.5 year old lounge in NA that hasn't been updated for a while to make the same comparison.

Message 31 of 49 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

a1557851 wrote:
I think your explanation was pretty bad and pretty much pointed out that Japan as a whole don't celebrate Christmas. That's why the arguement broke out.

I said "most people" over and over again I even asked nagon111 to re-read what I had said.  If everyone would just read the words for what they actuary are, it would make this so much easyer.

"if" I wanted to say "No one" in Japan celebrates Christmas I would have said "no one" NOT most people.

a1557851 wrote:
Your using evidence of a 3 year old thread and a 1.5 year old space to judge that? (cafe lounge came in close beta 2007 in JP, changed to music cafe in late 2009). Try comparing some 1.5 year old lounge in NA that hasn't been updated for a while to make the same comparison.

It's true that I have not been on the Japan server in a long time (I just see no need to go to it).  But even if that is true, hazu360 made it sound as thoe the Asain server is dead and don't they have an event going on right now?  So just swich Japan with Asain and the point is still there.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 32 of 49 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Japan and China have different game servers thay are not the same or anything a like at all. just like Japan and China are not the same at all now to fix what i was saying all i ment is JPN dose to lots for xmas just like NA i was never saying they are the same but the events are trees with lights santa snow reindeer haveing fun and seeing stuff light up. By you saying My point was we on the NA server should have the biggest and best Christmas event! is just plane ignorant why do you think NA should have the biggest and best Christmas event????? why can't we all have a good and fun one? your the one here comeing off wrong and that's why ppl keep pointing out what you are saying anyway im sure you were not trying to sound ignorant but that is the way it is starting to sound:smileyfrustrated:

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 33 of 49 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 15, 2012

hazu360 wrote:

Japan and China have different game servers thay are not the same or anything a like at all. just like Japan and China are not the same at all now to fix what i was saying all i ment is JPN dose to lots for xmas just like NA i was never saying they are the same but the events are trees with lights santa snow reindeer haveing fun and seeing stuff light up. By you saying My point was we on the NA server should have the biggest and best Christmas event! is just plane ignorant why do you think NA should have the biggest and best Christmas event????? why can't we all have a good and fun one? your the one here comeing off wrong and that's why ppl keep pointing out what you are saying anyway im sure you were not trying to sound ignorant but that is the way it is starting to sound:smileyfrustrated:

Ok, before I start do you know the difference of the word "ignorant" is?

In one of my last posts I took what nagon111 said and made my point.  Japan's Christmas and NA's Christmas are not the same.  You seemed to like nagon111 post seeing how you kudoed it.  I said they are not the same nagon111 said they are not the same and yet here we are again?  And that my friend is the definition of ignorant.

Also note please go back and read my past posts.  I already said after the earthquake and tsunami Japan does not do much in lights they don't have the power right now.  Also note trees are not big in Japan.  Most of what your saying is NA Christmas not in Japan.

Did you read my last post?  I doubt it :smileysad:  You said I had my servers mixed up I said fine.  You said the chinese is more likely to be dead then the Japan.  Fine...  (By the way there is no such thing as a Chinese server its called the Anian sever seeing how it covers more then just one Country.  They are also not called game servers just servers seeing how Home is not a game.) but it still makes my point!  :smileyhappy: A server that few people go on get to have there event before we do.

Here is my question for you hazu, why is it taken the NA server so long to give us Christmas this year and last year and the year before that?  Seems like every year we are last.  If all servers should be treated fairly then shouldn't all events on servers start at the same time?

GAPHome

General

Message 34 of 49 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
823 posts

Dec 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

a1557851 wrote:

I said "most people" over and over again I even asked nagon111 to re-read what I had said.  If everyone would just read the words for what they actuary are it would make this so much easyer.

a1557851 wrote:
Your using evidence of a 3 year old thread and a 1.5 year old space to judge that? (cafe lounge came in close beta 2007 in JP, changed to music cafe in late 2009). Try comparing some 1.5 year old lounge in NA that hasn't been updated for a while to make the same comparison.

It's true that I have not been on the Japan server in a long time (I just see no need to go to it).  But even if that is true, hazu360 made it sound as thoe the Asain server is dead and don't they have an event going on right now?  So just swich Japan with Asain and the point is still there.

I still interprete your "most people" as "most Japanese people". Is your definition of "celebrating xmas" meaning you need to be Christian, go to church, celebrate the birth of Jesus, and do all stuff such as decorate your house, meet with your relatives, sending cards, etc? So only eating a xmas dinner or only giving presents to children doesn't count as "celebrating xmas"? If yes, then I understand your reasoning on your usage of "most people".

And then comes the questions, how do you define xmas? Didn't it start in Europe? Does that make EU xmas the best? Isn't NA xmas somewhat different than EU xmas? So does that make EU xmas the standard? Can US xmas be called the standard? So people not celebrating by the standard isn't celebrating? Is there a definite way of celebrating xmas? and so on.

Can't comment on the regional part of Home since I don't go to the Asian server. And switching the words still doesn't explain your reasoning. So does that mean I can also say the NA server is dead because I happened to be in 1 lounge with no people in it?

By the way, hazu360 isn't my friend, so don't think that's the reason I'm supporting him/her.

Also, here's a JP site showing about 400 major landmarks in Japan that are doing xmas illuminations. I don't know if that's more or less since the earthquake and tsunami, but that's still a huge number without including the smaller places.

http://www.rurubu.com/season/winter/illumination/

Anyway, I think this went off topic, so I'll end my conversation here.

Message 35 of 49 (178 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Dec 15, 2012

i will side with you that yes all xmas stuff needs to come out at the same time and i have no clue why NA takes its time ask the ppl who run NA?? and btw here is that dead club :smileytongue: took them a sec ago dc1.jpgdc2.jpgand let me all so add that not all of Japan is holding off on lights from the tsunami in fact a lot of ppl are going all out for xmas to try to make Japan more happy and to not think about the bad days but that last earthquake that happ a week or so ago was bad and did bring up things thank goodness it did not make a big tsunami like last time^^ anycase i do side with you on some stuff not all 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Message 36 of 49 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Guys and gals just be patient. Next week's update isn't that far away. Just too much going on here at the moment. We should have plenty of fun and a wonderful holiday. Just relax.

:smileyhappy:

Message 37 of 49 (173 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 15, 2012
I just hope we get as much stuff as the EU people do. Its a boat load of items!
Message 38 of 49 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

nagon111 wrote:
I still interprete your "most people" as "most Japanese people". Is your definition of "celebrating xmas" meaning you need to be Christian, go to church, celebrate the birth of Jesus, and do all stuff such as decorate your house, meet with your relatives, sending cards, etc? So only eating a xmas dinner or only giving presents to children doesn't count as "celebrating xmas"? If yes, then I understand your reasoning on your usage of "most people".

Nagon111 all I'm going to say is what you just said was very rude.  To me it sounds like your calling me a racist just the fact that you took the words I said the wrong way.  When someone says most people it does not make them a racist.  If I said most people on this BBS seem to post a lot does that sound like a racist remark to you?

Do Christian people live in Japan?  Yes!!!  Are most people in Japan Christian?  No!!!

Not to take this post down the wrong road but yes Christmas is named after the birth of Jesus Christ.  But my point was not to many people in Japan celebrate christmas.  Can they celebrate Christmas?  Yes!  But what you don't seem to get is Japan is not a rich Country (not everyone can afford presents).  Japan is still recovering from an earthquake and tsunami (many are stil homeless) that devastated a large portion of there Country.    You make it sound as if everyone has lights out side there homes but right now they have a lack of power and even before the earhquake and tsunmi they where not big on thoes kinds of things.  Are there parts that do have lights?  Yes, but not to many.

nagon111 wrote:

And then comes the questions, how do you define xmas? Didn't it start in Europe? Does that make EU xmas the best? Isn't NA xmas somewhat different than EU xmas? So does that make EU xmas the standard? Can US xmas be called the standard? So people not celebrating by the standard isn't celebrating? Is there a definite way of celebrating xmas? and so on.

Not by much...  Again lets go back to what nagon111 said "it is a big event" where in the NA and EU it's a holaday.

nagon111 wrote:

Can't comment on the regional part of Home since I don't go to the Asian server. And switching the words still doesn't explain your reasoning. So does that mean I can also say the NA server is dead because I happened to be in 1 lounge with no people in it?

I'm not trying to be rude here but you lost me?...  Did I swich words?  I "think" your talking about worlds its been a long night and I misspell worlds all the time.  But if I'm wrong just let me know.

I don't know how to make this any easyer to understand?  As I said before if one event starts on one server it should also start on all servers at the same time.  It's just an insitute that some servers with less users or who don't really see Christmas as a Holiday get there events first and there events also last longer and some times are even bigger.

nagon111 wrote:

Also, here's a JP site showing about 400 major landmarks in Japan that are doing xmas illuminations. I don't know if that's more or less since the earthquake and tsunami, but that's still a huge number without including the smaller places.

Again, I'll say that yes they do have lights in Japan but it's rare due to a lack of power.  Take another look at thoes pic's that are on that website.  How many are xmas lights?  Not to many. 

GAPHome

General

Message 39 of 49 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7856 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

nagon111 wrote:

Nagon111 all I'm going to say is what you just said was very rude.  To me it sounds like your calling me a racist just the fact that you took the words I said the wrong way.  When someone says most people it does not make them a racist.  If I said most people on this BBS seem to post a lot does that sound like a racist remark to you?

Do Christian people live in Japan?  Yes!!!  Are most people in Japan Christian?  No!!!

Not to take this post down the wrong road but yes Christmas is named after the birth of Jesus Christ.  But my point was not to many people in Japan celebrate christmas.  Can they celebrate Christmas?  Yes!  But what you don't seem to get is Japan is not a rich Country (not everyone can afford presents).  Japan is still recovering from an earthquake and tsunami (many are stil homeless) that devastated a large portion of there Country.    You make it sound as if everyone has lights out side there homes but right now they have a lack of power and even before the earhquake and tsunmi they where not big on thoes kinds of things.  Are there parts that do have lights?  Yes, but not to many.

nagon111 wrote:

Not by much...  Again lets go back to what nagon111 said "it is a big event" where in the NA and EU it's a holaday.

nagon111 wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude here but you lost me?...  Did I swich words?  I "think" your talking about worlds its been a long night and I misspell worlds all the time.  But if I'm wrong just let me know.

I don't know how to make this any easyer to understand?  As I said before if one event starts on one server it should also start on all servers at the same time.  It's just an insitute that some servers with less users or who don't really see Christmas as a Holiday get there events first and there events also last longer and some times are even bigger.

nagon111 wrote:

Again, I'll say that yes they do have lights in Japan but it's rare due to a lack of power.  Take another look at thoes pic's that are on that website.  How many are xmas lights?  Not to many. 

I hope someone gets a "way-back" machine for christmas. I also hope someone continues down this path they always seem to choose. I find it hilariously erroneous. King, you took a year and a half long break for a time yes? Just for the sake of argument, what series of events would contribute to you doing so again sir?

Message 40 of 49 (131 Views)
0 Likes