Nov 15 2012
By: THE-DRIFTER-3333 First Son 17 posts

whats wrong with home

37 replies 400 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

is there something wrong with home because all of my friends are leaving home. in the last 2 months i have had 8 friends leave home and they say they are never getting back on.i'm not really worried about some of them but theres 1 that i wish would come back because he was the best friend i ever had on home.he is always on the playstation but playing dc universe i tried to tell him to get on home the other night but he said he was helping his friends with something on dc online.i don't think i can say names on here so i'll just initial it and maybe he will see it and he will get back on home.so sm098 if you see this please get back on home.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Re: whats wrong with home

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Home is just like any other online game. People come and go. Some leave for short periods and eventually come back, and then some leave and never come back. This happened to me so many times on other online games. You make friends that are very special to you and they all of the sudden leave with no explination. I've made some really good friends on other games and either they go or I do, but I miss them a lot. Sometimes I'm the one who ends up leaving, and I don't give them an explination to why I'm going. But it's usually I just get bored with the game and I don't know how to tell them that I'm moving on, and sometimes it's hard to say good bye. And I just want to disappear and leave them wondering. I know it sounds kind of mean, but like I said. I'm not good with saying goodbye. Especially when I don't know if I'll be gone for good, or I'll come back eventually after I take a break from that certain game. So I don't really know how to explain it too them. I know it hurts because it's happened to me. But you'll make other friends don't worry. Just concentrate on meeting new people on home or the forums here and you'll find someone new to hang out with.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (385 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29005 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

THE-DRIFTER-3333 wrote:

is there something wrong with home because all of my friends are leaving home. in the last 2 months i have had 8 friends leave home and they say they are never getting back on.i'm not really worried about some of them but theres 1 that i wish would come back because he was the best friend i ever had on home.he is always on the playstation but playing dc universe i tried to tell him to get on home the other night but he said he was helping his friends with something on dc online.i don't think i can say names on here so i'll just initial it and maybe he will see it and he will get back on home.so sm098 if you see this please get back on home.

DC Universe is an addicting game. I've lost good friend to that game. Personally I tried it once an decided I didnt have the time for another game like that and never went back.

Lots of people playing it. 

If you lose friends you need to try and make new ones who care about spending time in the service. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1690 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

THE-DRIFTER-3333 wrote:

DC Universe is an addicting game. I've lost good friend to that game. Personally I tried it once an decided I didnt have the time for another game like that and never went back.

I lost a friend to DC Universe, as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I think it's pretty normal.  Like in an MMO, people get through the content that they're interested in, then their usage starts to wane until they put it aside.  Some never come back, others will pop in to check out new content.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
481 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

If you lose friends you need to try and make new ones who care about spending time in the service. 

I prefer Home over DC universe anyway. I choose PlayStation Home anyway cause it is a lot more fun in my opinion.

photo MissRobertaGiantessofGlamourSignature_zpsd7379e58.gif

You can't trust no one except yourself - therob21
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (345 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Re: what's wrong with home

Nov 15, 2012

The biggest Problem for developers is getting an Idea of what users want.

Developers relied mostly on the minority of  forum users for input.

To be more efficient with product development and curtail the hit and miss product line.

Making a small survey booth for themselves (with incentives) and placing it within Home would contribute to a more accurate direction with the product line.

Loot did a Forum site, which is good step. But as we have seen from Twitter, The forums and even dedicated Home sites, The majority of  user's do not utilize these tools often.

Having the customer multitasking in  times of leisure is a difficult task for the large body of Home users.

Taking the time to log into Face book, Twitter, Forums during the experience within the game console. 

A survey booth from developers placed in home with gifts seems to be the best mass approach for a  true market target.

They ship just keeps sailing by, year after year.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
504 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I have that happ my fam is pritty much dead no one will go to the club to hang out anymore the master buys new clubs but hes never on much him self but that's how games like this work there will all ways be new ppl to meet and ppl who may need a helping hand 

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1482 posts

Nov 15, 2012

You have to be tough and have a lot of stamina to survive in Home.  Some people just cant take it and they leave.  No big loss there is plenty of people to take their place.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Nov 15, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

You have to be tough and have a lot of stamina to survive in Home.  Some people just can't take it and they leave.  No big loss there is plenty of people to take their place.

Why should someone have to be tough to enjoy time spent away from business, work, and domestic chores.

Is it not, suppose to be entertainment..?

I have to be tough to relax... Time to step back and re evaluate the Home experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (299 Views)