Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
164 posts

Re: what if just IF

Jun 12, 2013
That's right Joanna, sadly there are people like that. What people don't realize is that, not everyone who picks up a gaming console is a gamer. I initially purchased my PS3 as a bluray player ONLY and had no intentions of every playing a single game on it. Hell, I even liked the Folding @Home....remember that?!? It's because of Home and its little mini games that got me into gaming. I may not be very good at it, but I have fun!! Good or Bad, I believe everyone has taken something from Home just being on the PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 37 (181 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32218 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

If home ends in 2015 when PS3 ends or Before!   Then that's it...

We'll have tom deal with it's loss then... And a SAD day it will be.... The End is Nigh!

There we have it guys. Official information that PS3 life cycle is ending 2015. Sad that it will never continue on like the PS2 did huh? DCS-Tekken, Can you tell us the month ithe PS3 ends in 2015 while you're making this official announcement or will you be releasing that information at GDC?

lol.

dont all PS system have a 10 year lifespan guarantee? PS3 wont stop getting support until Fall/Winter of 2016, more than 2 years from now.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 37 (171 Views)
Limit Breaker
16524 posts

Jun 12, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

If home ends in 2015 when PS3 ends or Before!   Then that's it...

We'll have tom deal with it's loss then... And a SAD day it will be.... The End is Nigh!

There we have it guys. Official information that PS3 life cycle is ending 2015. Sad that it will never continue on like the PS2 did huh? DCS-Tekken, Can you tell us the month ithe PS3 ends in 2015 while you're making this official announcement or will you be releasing that information at GDC?

lol.

dont all PS system have a 10 year lifespan guarantee? PS3 wont stop getting support until Fall/Winter of 2016, more than 2 years from now.

Yup, PS2 console originally launched on March 4, 2000. PS2 a more-than-12 year life cycle

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 37 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jun 12, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Home takes a lot of bashing from critics both in the industry and on the web.

I can see why Sony doesn't spotlight it - just because they don't mention it - doesn't mean its gone, I think it will be around for a few more years until it is replaced by something else.  Sony knows there are people who enjoy hanging out in Home when they are not gaming, and its something we come to expect to have.

The big push for Sony this year is PS4 and a slew of exclusive games...

They know Microsoft screwed up and want to lure as many people from Xbox as possible - and believe me, there are more angry Xbox users then happy ones about the upcoming Xbone.

You don't lure gamers to Playstation by promoting Home.

Actually this makes a lot of sense. Put your focus on your console and your games and then the following year intro a new Home. That way you have all the hardcore followers from this gen that are chompin at the bit to have home, and you have all the new converts that might be interested. Plus the extra time allows the dev team to fix up any bugs or loop holes, and they can devise a way to port over our purchases. Ppl tend to forget that this is some what the way they went this gen. PS3 came out in 06 and they put out all their exclusives and what not and then home wasn't even announced until 07 or 08. Oh lilblue. cute and smart

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 37 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5305 posts

Jun 12, 2013

It's interesting to see that Sony is rolling out some of its new PSN features for both PS3 and PS4. That tells me there's a commitment to keeping PS3 owners happy in the near future.

Contrast that with Nintendo, which is pulling the plug on the Wii's Weather and News channels on June 28, and which has all but abandoned prepaid cards for the Wii Shop Channel in favor of a new format for the Wii U.

This is a sharp strategy for Sony against a backdrop that will be very challenging for the next round of consoles. I expect the PS4 will sell out at launch and get a solid foothold for the next generation. I also expect that Xbox One will be easily available come Christmas Eve, much like the Wii U was last year. Launch titles and additional services will play a role, but Sony is operating from the strongest position right now.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 37 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Home will most likely be emulated and video streamed off Gaikai, if Sony wants to Keep Home around on the PS4 for initial launch.

If that happens your in for a real treat.. When the server gets busy..Pray your close to a server...with DSL..

Just like any other simple game video streams that take a 1.5 meg speed DL to be stable...

Control lag might not be to bad , (it is just a video stream) with interface control data sent back and forth.

This should be a interesting future...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 37 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I honestly think that if they do make home for PS4 it'll be a new build. So they'll do like they did this gen. Let the console and the exclusives have their moment, and in the mean time make a build of home for PS4 that's more stable, less glitchy, and able to port our purchases (or allow for free purchases of the items we have, such in the way of being bale the buy the items we have again but w/ PS4 detail and physics).

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 37 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ptmacey wrote:

if home is destined for its ultimate demise at the end of ps3 support and no suitable replacement is on ps4.

Maybe sony could publish home sdk on the net as freeware including the publishing utility.

Im sure theres home users out there or maybe 3rd parties more than adequately skilled equipped and skilled enough to run home on a pc network

Sony has never said anything about Home being on the PS4 so I don't understand why so many are assuming that it is going to be.  But with that said...  Sony has said that they are bring other VR wrolds to the PlayStation.  Words like Free Realms, Wizard101 and what ever other VR wrolds Sony owns.  

Free Realms is already on the PS3 don't know about the other ones. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 37 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

DJ_Tiffany wrote:
That's right Joanna, sadly there are people like that. What people don't realize is that, not everyone who picks up a gaming console is a gamer. I initially purchased my PS3 as a bluray player ONLY and had no intentions of every playing a single game on it. Hell, I even liked the Folding @Home....remember that?!? It's because of Home and its little mini games that got me into gaming. I may not be very good at it, but I have fun!! Good or Bad, I believe everyone has taken something from Home just being on the PS3.

Just a heads up for anyone that enjoyed that and still wants to do it. The application is still available for your pc's. I had a pc built specifically for the folding@program so i'm possitive you could still fold outside of your ps3. 

I have to agree though with alot of you. I have made some near and dear friends and when the ps3 ends and if home or some sort of social network isn't available on the ps4, I just know i'll lose contact with alot of these people. I love home, I've said it a million times, it's going to break my heart when it ends ( if it ends). 

Edit. if you're interested in folding still, send me a pm, I can direct you where to go :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 37 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Oo_NinjaWolf_oO wrote:

what if.PNG

Hmm,  Sony talked a lot about unfinished programs on the PS4 at E3.  But they still talked about them and Sony has a ton of time to finish them before the PS4's release date.

Also don't know if anyone else has noticed but Home is up and running on the PS3 what exactly does anyone think they need to "finish"?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 37 (101 Views)
0 Likes