Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 10 2012
By: Xxlittle-evilxX Splicer 47 posts
Accepted Solution

video taping PShome??

[ Edited ]
18 replies 526 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

ok well when ever the PShome community volunteers applications open up i was going to do home tours but i dont want to use my camra and smash it against my TV screen so how do you go "in" screen to record a PShome video and post it on "YouTube"? do you need a web cam or sumthin or is there an app on playstation for recording gameplay? i need answers so im up and ready for when ever the PShome guides open up.

Message 1 of 19 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Re: video taping PShome??

Oct 10, 2012

Xxlittle-evilxX wrote:

ok well when ever the PShome community volunteers applications open up i was going to do home tours but i dont want to use my camra and smash it against my TV screen so how do you go "IN" screen to record a PShome video? do you need a web cam or sumthin or is there an app on playstation for recoring gameplay? i need answers so im up and read for when ever the PShome guides open up.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"Happy, happy, birthday! Don't let the name fool ya!"

Message 2 of 19 (510 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Oct 10, 2012

sorry but im not 80 years old....no one uses VCR's anymore

Message 3 of 19 (506 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3042 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Having the ability to record video from the Playstation is not a prerequisite of being a Home Community Volunteer, so don't worry about that.  For more details about the program have a look at the HCV FAQ here:  us.playstation.com/HCV-FAQ

I'm certainly not an expert at making videos from Home, and have never even done it.  What I do know is many people use a PC with a video capture device that you input your PS3 into, and software for editing the video once it's captured.  This can be a big investment, so you may want to try starting out with the Loot active camera in Home first, and see if you can accomplish what you are trying to achieve that way.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 19 (493 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Oct 10, 2012

You need a Special Device you can buy off the Internet for, well it doesn't come cheap that I know of... I think it hooks your Camera & a Recording Device to the TV or PS3, or whatever... 

I dunno, I don't know how it works, or what it's called... I just remember seeing it Online before... Never bought one, but you can try Looking Online for 'em, just search Video Game Recording Device, or TV Video Recording Devicce, or something... I guess...

The only way to do this straight from yur PS3, is... 

1.) Find some way to Display a Camera in front of your TV, (Web Cam, Video Camera, or Movie Camera), try it this way... 

2.) Using the Newest Loot Camera to Record Clips of a Space, or a Tour... & gather all of them up on your HDD, & then Display them in the Video Editor, of which you can download from the PS Store for Free... & then Create your Tour that way... The Loot Camera that Records Straight to You Tube costs about $4, it's somewhere around $3 to $5, dun know the actual price... 

Was any of this Helpful?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 19 (491 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Oct 10, 2012

ok cool thanks! but you know what i mean right? like were if your on youtube and someone tapes it from a camera and the video is all blurry and then you have sum other ones were they like recorded it from a video capture. but about the home volunteer. im not just wanting to make vids on home tours. im also going to help out the people of playstation home and just playstation its self.plus the PShome guide icon above your head looks cool too.but thats not what im in it for. but im also going to make vids on other help guides for PS .

Message 6 of 19 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2992 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Frosty_The_Troll wrote:

Xxlittle-evilxX wrote:

ok well when ever the PShome community volunteers applications open up i was going to do home tours but i dont want to use my camra and smash it against my TV screen so how do you go "IN" screen to record a PShome video? do you need a web cam or sumthin or is there an app on playstation for recoring gameplay? i need answers so im up and read for when ever the PShome guides open up.

This is exactly how I do it. I have my ps3 plugged into my vcr, and I record it that way. Then I transfer the vcr recording to dvd using a recordable dvd player, and upload the dvd to Youtube.

bobs fed signature
Message 7 of 19 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Oct 10, 2012

yea i guess for right now i can use my loot camra for just panning the view bcause obviolsy it dosnt move. so yea i guess i could do that untill i work up some money for a gameplay recording device

Message 8 of 19 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Oct 10, 2012

...hmmmm...yea...that could work too. but..see im lazy..haha..and that would take forever. i want somthing fast like recording then uploading strait to youtube but not a camra. i want good quality in my vids.

Message 9 of 19 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Oct 10, 2012

People have used the Loot Cameras from inside HOME to make really nice looking Videos... It even Uploads straight to You Tube... 

For more Info on the Loot Camera, check out PSTalant.com

1.) They used an Editing Program thats most likely really expensive, or your lucky if you can get a Cheap one, I dunno... I heard the Windows Movie Maker one works, although Win 7 doesn't have it, that I know of... I had trouble getting it on my Win 7... 

2.) The better the Quality of Product the more Expensive you'll need to pay... On top of that, you'll need a PC Capable of the Quality your looking for... Again, thats if you want an Editing Program to improve the Graphix of HOME Video Tours... 

Like HD Videos on You Tube... 

For HD Videos, I recomend a 1080P HD Camera of some sorts, & properly Disaplaying it in front of a 1080P HD TV, or something... 

Stack it on top of Books, or a Chair, or whatever for TV Level for Recording, instead of holding yur Camera by hand... 

Probably your Cheapest Rout, no?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 19 (452 Views)
0 Likes