Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
7 posts

Re: unwanted attention

May 18, 2013
I'm actually lesbian too but best not tell them that, they will follow me more! Is it just cuz I'm new? Or do they just swarm round girls?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

May 18, 2013

they're just a swarm of excited boys that have never talked to girls lol

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
28 posts

May 18, 2013
I keep a male avatar in my saved files. When I don't want to be bothered I just toss on my male skin and I don't get all that unwanted attention. And as someone before said you just tap the L3 to collapse the chat window and instant silence for game play.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
421 posts

May 18, 2013

Welcome to PSHome !

Sometimes it's very difficult to be a girl in a boys world.

Just ignore & do not reply to them.

And last but not least enjoy your time on PSHome.

Girl Power !  :womanwink:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Ok, I found something that'll help you. Hit your start button and go into your navigator, go way over to the right to " options " and go down to " chat log " ,  then go into " chat channels " and then into " local " , ooops, then into " show " . Once your there there are 2 options " local text and local chat bubbles " . Just click on both of them and it will turn off all talking completely. not a peep in the room from anyone :smileytongue: . Hope that helps but you really should give people a chance once you're done getting your game on. You can meet some wonderful people on home if you're lucky :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (317 Views)
First Son
7 posts

May 18, 2013
You ladies are awesome! Haha I literally just burst out laughing, will try all ur methods, spesh the child support one haha
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 18, 2013
I don't mind talking to people aslong as the conversation starts as hey how are you today instead of hey u look hot or hey asl?
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (306 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29169 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

If you're alone you'll also attract more attention than if you're with friends. I find they are less likey to bother you if you are in a group. I use two PS3's and have two avatars together quite freqently and I can tell you they bother me less when I'm with my other female AV than if I'm walking or hanging out by myself. 

I have also been accused of being a lesbian however on numerous occassions when dancing with my alternate account simply because she is female and we don't give them any attention. It's really quite amusing at times. Keep in mind most of this is free entertainment.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (293 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4162 posts

May 18, 2013
There are also options in the xmb under account management to disable messages and friend requests. They tend to always PM now, so I leave my messages open to everyone (especially cause I sometimes get messages asking for assistance) but I prefer to keep friend requests open to friends of friends. Of course I do still add people if they need a tour, view a LMO, etc.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (280 Views)
Lombax Warrior
61 posts

May 19, 2013
I thought that as well, when I first started playing ps home, especially because my form of online game was animal crossing, but as you start playing more and more it actually decreases. IYeah one may say oh you get used to it but it actually decreases, it also depends on where you go in home. I know from experience that more trollers like to hang out in the easy access areas such as hub and or adventure district. Don't worry though , there always an ignore button . Hope this helped you in any form.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened-Anatole France
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (201 Views)