Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2013
By: nomieb22 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

unwanted attention

22 replies 491 views Edited May 18, 2013
Hey I might sound whiney and stroppy but I'm new to playstation home and I'm a girl and I enjoy action games, shoot em ups n stuff like that but on home I can hardly play any games without getting followed by groups of guys, is there a way to turn off the chat thing so I can just ignore everybody and get on with my own thing?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (491 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Re: unwanted attention

May 18, 2013
Hello and welcome to PlayStation Home nomie.

If you are being bothered or harassed by any players, you can click on their avatar and use the ignore feature, it will then face them away from you and make it so their text is not displayed on your screen.

I hope this helps and enjoy PlayStation Home, if you need any other help with anything feel free to ask.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (488 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29072 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

You can collapse the chat window so you won't see the Chat. There is also a setting in preferences – sorry not at my ps3 or on Home – where you can turn external chat bubbles off and chat off altogether. 

It would be in the settings menu. I would simply suggest collapsing the chat window and you won't see what is being said. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

May 18, 2013

Hi Nomie :smileyhappy: I went through a phase on home where I didn't want to talk to anyone for months. As lego said you can click on people's names and hit ignore. You'll find this easiest to shut the entire room up pretty fast by hitting your L3 button to expand your text bar and clicking on their names on the side. When you click their names the ignore option will be there. It's just a fast way to do it as running up to everyone can be a pain and look alittle silly lol. No offense lego lol. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (479 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Girls and all guys that dress as girls have that problem. Make a male sub account and you can game all you want. When you find out what to do in  a game as male you can run through it as female. You can also say you are married or put married in your comment box, that usually works for me

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (476 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29072 posts

May 18, 2013

Well some users are persistent and will get in your face. Those do require being put on ignore which will not only mute their text but stop all emotes – dancing and so on. 

I've found simply no responding works very well for most of them. They get bored very quickly and there are a host of female av's to attract their attention. Most want immediate gratification. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (464 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29072 posts

May 18, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

Girls and all guys that dress as girls have that problem. Make a male sub account and you can game all you want. When you find out what to do in  a game as male you can run through it as female. You can also say you are married or put married in your comment box, that usually works for me

You could also say you have 5 kids and are looking for child support. I find that chases most young'ins off pretty quickly. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (460 Views)
First Son
7 posts

May 18, 2013
Thanks guys I will block em all I've just done it to somebody, I wouldn't mind but it Aint like I'm laying on the floor with my legs wide open lol, guess its my fault for hanging round in novus prime constantly, its full of men wanting to gloat about the weapon attatchments on there ships :/ I might try being a man too, thanks a bunch guys :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

May 18, 2013

LOL Jo!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

nomieb22 wrote: 

Thanks guys I will block em all I've just done it to somebody, I wouldn't mind but it Aint like I'm laying on the floor with my legs wide open lol, guess its my fault for hanging round in novus prime constantly, its full of men wanting to gloat about the weapon attatchments on there ships :/ I might try being a man too, thanks a bunch guys :smileyhappy:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

hahaha, get used to it, most men on here don't care what you're wearing, where you are, what you're doing Or if you have a dozen kids and have child support. You could make a few alt accounts and hang out with them and then you be a pack of angry women when unwanted suitors attacked you , ( cough cough ) lol

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (444 Views)