Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 18 2007
By: spike1015 Sackboy 514 posts

trophies used as money?

5 replies 8 views Edited Jun 18, 2007
xbox 360 acheivments can be used to purchase stuff from the marketplace. who thinks that trophies will give us points to use in the store?
The object in war is not to die for your country,
It's to make the die for their's!
-General Patton, WWII
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: trophies used as money?

Jun 18, 2007

I think an excellent way to implement trophies and boost gaming experience over Home and PS3 Games is, by using trophies as "gear" on our Home characters.

Picture this.

Suppose there are 5 "achievements" on Ninja Gaiden Sigma, some harder to get than others. One reward can be a statue (trophy) for our virtual Home place. But!, the hardest "achievement" could be the "Dragon Sword" or even the famous Katana. This "trophy" could be place in our character as "gear", but NOT to be used.

I strongly believe this idea will , not only encourage players to get all of the unlockeable trophies in a game, but also enrich our Home experience.

By letting this happen, players would realize just on the watch, what kind of player you are (amateur - pro), plus we all know it’s cool to show our gaming conquest to the world

peace

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Jun 18, 2007
XBOX Marketplace, now here is where you can find shameless advertising out the ying yang.  While you pay microsoft, microsoft is being payed by every media logo you see in there.  Besides, the flinstones used shells as currency, I don't think the PSN should though.
September the 11th was an inside job!  Jet hits pentagon then disappears?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Jun 18, 2007
actually no u cant. the points u get from achivements on the 360 are called GAMER POINTS.
the points u use to buy stuff from the market place are called MICROSOFT POINTS
see diference?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
hello my PSN is Shankaholic44
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Jun 18, 2007
No way, we would never become cheap enough to sell our trophies for points. I'll keep my solid gold statues of Solid Snake peeing on a guard's head
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 18, 2007
Lol, who told you that you can use GAMERSCORE to buy things? Lol M$ charges money even for extra gamer pics and to change your name.It costs 10$ each time you change your xbl id.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (8 Views)
0 Likes