Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1838 posts

Re: the secret about the update

Feb 17, 2013

Ne t'en fait pas pour les commentaires sur la syntaxe So, on s'habitue. Plusieurs ne comprenne même pas qu'il puisse avoir une province francophone en amérique du nord..

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 81 (186 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7511 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Beaucoup ne comprennent pas l'anglais soit bien c'est leur langue maternelle.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 81 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29172 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I hope we have a Home whether it's the older PS3 version or a new PS4 version. i would so miss all of this and all my friends. Like anything in life things aren't forever. We won't be forever either. We need to make the best of what we have while we have it.

I love Home and I'd be very unhappy to hear it's not going to be on the new platform. I love my PS3 and Home makes it all that more special. 

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 81 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1807 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

"Home" that we know and play in should not be on PS4. I hope for more.

I think that one of the reasons Home received a cold welcome from gamers originally was because it was new and had no direction from the start. It was a social platform. A platform that was suppose to gather users for social events and was looked at as a MySpace for avatars. Our Home became more than that but it took awhile to get there.

Now that we are known to be a mix between a gaming-social platform it needs to take another step and include Home as part of your XMB experience. With the inclusion and mixing of all things PlayStation, I have two wishes for PS4.

1. Make "Home2" for PS4 all new. Have everyone who logs into PS4 log right into Home2. From there you have access to everything on your XMB. Game launching, Netflix, Internet browser, Mobile phone goodies, Movies, Music, ect..  Everything from your Home.

2. Change the name of Home. It has always sounded like a Home page. It has been hard to search online for anything "Home" especially in  the early days.

just thoughts..

As much as I love Home, Jers, I really do not want it to be the center of the PS4 interface.  It's horrible when we have problems in Home, now - make it the first stop in logging onto your system and any problem in Home would create a disaster for the whole Playstation community.

I SO agree with the name, I remember trying to search for help in the beginning. LOL 

----------------------

As for Home being on the PS4, I think the OP has a point.  The PS4 is getting close - and they just did a core update to Home.  I think the fact that they are spending time and resources on updating, is a tell-tale sign that it will definitely be on the PS4.  If Home was to be obsolete within a year or even 2 - I don't think they would sink more time and money into it.  Also, the kind of update that it was is indicative of the ability to access the files on future consoles.

Yes, that is what I hope for... But it also makes sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 81 (147 Views)
Limit Breaker
16512 posts

Feb 17, 2013

anamri wrote

As much as I love Home, Jers, I really do not want it to be the center of the PS4 interface.  It's horrible when we have problems in Home, now - make it the first stop in logging onto your system and any problem in Home would create a disaster for the whole Playstation community.

I SO agree with the name, I remember trying to search for help in the beginning. LOL 

----------------------

As for Home being on the PS4, I think the OP has a point.  The PS4 is getting close - and they just did a core update to Home.  I think the fact that they are spending time and resources on updating, is a tell-tale sign that it will definitely be on the PS4.  If Home was to be obsolete within a year or even 2 - I don't think they would sink more time and money into it.  Also, the kind of update that it was is indicative of the ability to access the files on future consoles.

Yes, that is what I hope for... But it also makes sense.

2005 God of War was the big game, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita topped the news,

May 16, 2005 The PlayStation3 was shown for the first time by Sony during a E3 press conference. Home has been in development since early 2005 at this point. When you look at the next gen console you have to almost certainly go all new for Home. Newer code and knowing how things currently are could be a good thing going forward if it was in the plans.

Here is the thing thats been over looked. Once we first heard of Home and had a chance to watch Phil with his new conceptual ideas of this virtual world it was a long time until it went beta and 2008 until public open beta. If there is to be a new Home then I would not expect it anytime soon on the PS4.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 81 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29172 posts

Feb 17, 2013

One has to wonder how much inside information you have Jersquall. I simply hope we'll have a Home on the PS4 be it the current version or a new version. 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 81 (122 Views)
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Feb 17, 2013

We need better secret spies. Stapler!!! Where art thou?

I'm looking forward to Feb 20 although I don't expect to learn as much as I would like to. But who knows?

I dunno how much money if any that Home makes for SONY but public relations is very important. I was so angry at the new update at first that I seriously thought about chucking it all and leaving. I've changed my mind but I'm still not happy.

Free Realms is a game from what I saw with nothing much similar to Home. I got a little ways down the road and as I recall if I wanted to go farther I had to spend money.  Nothing wrong with that but the free in the title is not all that applicable to what I thought it might be.

I am thinking the PS3 will be around and supported even after the PS4 (if that will be it's name) comes out. And I am thinking Home on Ps3 will be supported also. 

I also hope the PS4 (if that will be it's name) will have a version of Home, maybe even ported from the PS3.

We shall see what transpires. We live in interesting times (I'm not sure that's good).

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 81 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

2005 God of War was the big game, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita topped the news,

May 16, 2005 The PlayStation3 was shown for the first time by Sony during a E3 press conference. Home has been in development since early 2005 at this point. When you look at the next gen console you have to almost certainly go all new for Home. Newer code and knowing how things currently are could be a good thing going forward if it was in the plans.

Here is the thing thats been over looked. Once we first heard of Home and had a chance to watch Phil with his new conceptual ideas of this virtual world it was a long time until it went beta and 2008 until public open beta. If there is to be a new Home then I would not expect it anytime soon on the PS4.

As it will not be a creation of a new concept, but a re-vamping of a current project, I don't think it will take as long as 3 years again... Oh goodness, I hope not, at least! :smileysurprised:

In other words, I think that we will progress to the "New Home" through more core updates, rather than replacing the program all-together.

But I am just pondering and guess-timating.  I do hope that they make Home a more inclusive part of the Playstation experience though - Like perhaps using our avatar's picture as the icon next to our names, and more PS Games to Home perks (and vice versa).  Not to mention more Home advertising on the system.  Such as (the now extinct) game launching nights being in the news area of the XMB.  Just more general Home info on the XMB, would be a boon to Home & the Developer's wallets.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 81 (100 Views)
Survivor
1838 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I think this is where the Beta tag take get it's meaning. Sure Home is in perpetual developpement. No problem with that. But even for someone like me who does not follow all the news in the game industry. It's not hard to figure that cloud save is upon us, like it or not. (I dont)

It's doubtfull Home as we know it will be the future of the next gen console. It's an experiment. One that I loved and embraced. I know have my concern with it, but this is just a personal thing. 

One thing I always enjoyed with Home and the only reason I came to accept it's Beta tag. Is that I felt being a ârt of a bigger experiment, a bigger plan. This is where, I think, the last update is bringing us. Not to move home on the PS4, but to experiment with cloud save on a mmo based console. 

If , and I wish it will be the case, there is a home like application on the PS4. I sincerly hope they won't make the same mistake and release an empty product with nothing to do. This would be a disaster that could bring our favorite gaming console company years back.

Thats the only reason I could see a "cross console" home. To have contents in the cox. But I dont see how this could be technically done if Sony want to create a better apps taking full advantage of the next gen console.

In the mean time. Enjoy your home if you approve the customer services :smileywink: It will be on for at least a couple years. Console always have a few extra lifes after the subsequent generation release.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 81 (82 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

It has had profit, its still here but I doubt its a cash cow everyone thinks it is. Question is has it enough profit to move to the PS4.

id be curious to know how much Home produces in a year, or at least how much of PS's income Home makes up.

my bet is its not much compared to other PS income sources.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 81 (59 Views)
0 Likes