First Son
10 posts

Re: "Mirror of my Dreams" - PlayStation Home & PS3 inspired Comic

May 15, 2013

I wouldn't call it a comic since it isn't funny and you use a wall of text to explain the punchline. But these illustrations are sexist:

1. The characters have oversized, cartoon breasts.
  2. Like men, women who play games are just gamers. The term gamer girl was created for insecure people who need attention. But it would seem your motivation stems from the frustration you feel after getting this attention. Nice hypocrisy.
  3. Most guys I play with aren't rude to women online. They have girlfriends, wives, mothers and daughters. You're judging the opposite gender based off a few bad experiences. It's entirely possible you egged that behavior on with this "gamer girl" mindset.

You need years of practice before you're ready to  share your work with the public.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (496 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: "Mirror of my Dreams" - WebComic

May 15, 2013
thanks!

Since the panels are meant to poke fun at the world of gaming some satire is fun.
From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 15, 2013
^-^
thank you if one person finds it funny thats all that matters..

I want to share the Dead Island home comic short next >.>;

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10394 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Vox_Rationis wrote:

I wouldn't call it a comic since it isn't funny and you use a wall of text to explain the punchline. But these illustrations are sexist:

2. Like men, women who play games are just gamers. The term gamer girl was created for insecure people who need attention. But it would seem your motivation stems from the frustration you feel after getting this attention. Nice hypocrisy.
  3. Most guys I play with aren't rude to women online. They have girlfriends, wives, mothers and daughters. You're judging the opposite gender based off a few bad experiences. It's entirely possible you egged that behavior on with this "gamer girl" mindset.

You need years of practice before you're ready to  share your work with the public.

You know Pip of SinVenials is responsible for the art.

As for "Oversized"...That's normal for Most Artwork in deviantART, Cartoon, Comics, Manga, Anime and Video Games

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (424 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

May 15, 2013

Vox_Rationis wrote:

Not saying that what you said is incorrect; but why did you feel the need to make a new account just to say it? 

Lol, are you scared of us?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (395 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2625 posts

May 15, 2013

Vox_Rationis Voiced_Revoltingly:

:^/ Dude, what's the point of being mean? And creating an alternate account through which to do it? You're correct that the Internet lowers the bar for entry, but that doesn't mean it's inappropriate for beginners to share their efforts with others. Just because one isn't ready to work professionally doesn't mean feedback is inappropriate. Quite the opposite, I would think.

;^) Kitty, the efforts presented so far show promise. I recommend that your artist practice drawing from life, or photographs. A solid understanding of realistic anatomy and proportions is necessary before exaggerating or stylizing becomes convincing. The public library should have many suitable books on the subject.

As for the writing, it reflects some facets of online gaming and Home pretty well. Knowing your audience is half the battle, and you've shown a knack for that. Anything that captures human nature is a winner.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (373 Views)
Fender Bender
2827 posts

May 15, 2013
The art's pretty cool. My only gripes are if it's going to be about Home it be more Home related. Some of the subject matter is a little overdone but applying to the general forum there's going to be an audience for it :smileyhappy: !

This has got potential to be really good and I'm sure you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Will keep an eye on the topic :smileyhappy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 16, 2013

Hiy everyone!

I really was hoping to ignore flaming trolls since they really arent worth anyones time especially when they lose credibility by posting via an alt.  It also makes me abit weary when people kudo a trolls post...

But, some very nice people responded about the post and provided some constructive critisims which is what a first timer comic person needs!  Normally I write fanfictions for my friends so a webcomic is a very different monster...

Since I got this thread to share some comic hyjinks I'm going to just say thank you for those who came to my defense and such and ignore the troll and let them go back under their alt bridge.

These one panel bits are various adventures based on my experiences and those I've heard from friends... With over 4years playing FF online then my time on various online games like guild wars, wow, etc I have alot to draw on for the one panels.

For those questioning the 'sexism' and girl gamer on the shirts it actually has a place in the main story. 

After all those who live online in virtual worlds like Second Life, Home, Chat rooms, etc... reality is always virtual and nothing is ever what it seems.

I

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (326 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 16, 2013

Miranda invites Pip to visit Home

Concept:

When Pip began to agree to draw my ideas the Dead Island event was happening in Home.  Now if you're not familar with Pip's art and storytelling I wanted things to stay true to Pip but with the twists of social fun in home...

I cant tell if these are the zombies from Dead Island or the girl chasers who appear in Home from time to time!!

:smileytongue: 

There is a conclusion panel to this... if two people can guess what may happen I'll post the panel otherwise it will be added tomorrow!

Questions or Comments let me know!

Anyways please enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (316 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4739 posts

May 16, 2013

Vox_Rationis wrote:

If this is a troll^

It's a troll that speaks nothing but the truth. I agree completely.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (315 Views)