PlayStation MVP
29239 posts

Re: "Home needs to go back to its roots and start making more game related content."

Oct 1, 2012

Sadly we are losing game related spaces and it appears we aren't getting new ones. Resident Evil 5 and Sully's Bar are two prime examples of wonderful game content that the team saw fit to let go. Oddly enouh these lounges are still in other regions. 

I'm certainly disappointed there is no RE content announced this week. 

Message 11 of 34 (213 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9461 posts

Re: "Home needs to go back to its roots and start making more game related content."

Oct 1, 2012
If EU and JP get RE6 stuff and we dont, I'm flippin a table and kicking a door. Probably.
Support Forums
Message 12 of 34 (205 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 1, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
If EU and JP get RE6 stuff and we dont, I'm flippin a table and kicking a door. Probably.

I'll just, go there and look at the stuff maybe. Maybe even get a PSN card for those regions if its really good. NA clearly doesn't want my money :smileysad:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 13 of 34 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3433 posts

Oct 1, 2012
The table's definitely turned Chad, it used to be you guys we all envied. You're like becoming the new Hong Kong Home!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 14 of 34 (197 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 1, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Yep as said above responsibility falls on the publishers to do this not Sony. Go to Capcom Unity forums in droves and get your voices heard! :smileyvery-happy:

That's not excactly how it goes.  In most cases, Sony has to go to them first and make a deal. Sony's responsibility is encouraging publishers to make Playstation Home content.

Message 15 of 34 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
404 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Home should go back to its roots. to being a SOCIAL NETWORK FOR GAMERS.  If im going to turn on my ps3 to play a game. its not going to be a game on ps home.......oh yeah speaking of... WHERE is season 2 of home hold em poker? (the fun FREE game everyone enjoys)  Where are the New NIKE NFL jerseys. xbox has them  why doesnt home? Is it just me or should the new emotes like NDREAMS made be FOR FREEE and MADE from ps home sony or whoever?  i think so. you have core emotes that havent been updated in 4 years... Instead of adding crap pay to play MINI games to a space that is over A YEAR OLD why not make MORE PUBLIC SPACES MORE GAME SPACES? Where are the community theatre rewards? .etc etc etc etc.  WHERE IS THE NORTH AMERICAN CULTURE? MLB NFL NHL NASCAR

Message 16 of 34 (185 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2728 posts

Oct 1, 2012
The lack of any Resident Evil 6 content for Home really surprises me. Dead Island , Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 were the last game content we have seen. Now those were great rewards. The Resistance Diner, and Uncharted 3 minigames and rewards are still live. So I think the trend has continued, but Sony themselves have been the main company to use Home in the last 2 years.

I'm hoping for a new round of Dead Island Home content for the upcoming release.

I do believe that actual preorders through Home or lack of orders from within Home is the true gauge of how those advertising dollars will be spent in the future.

Thus, if we are seeing less game advertising within Home, it is due to the economy and poor return on advertising dollars spent to promote games in Home.
Posted Image

Message 17 of 34 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2728 posts

Oct 1, 2012
I do miss the RE and Uncharted public spaces. It is too bad Sony has removed them. I do agree that the business model for Home has shifted from PS3 games to exclusive Home Developers. Home itself has become the game and a new gaming platform for Home specific games.

But, I also long for the old days of great single player campaign ps3 disk games. They have been replaced with online multiplayer as the dominant mode.

Business follows the money, so someone must be spending lots of money on the things many of us dislike. If the new model with games like Yeti Hunter, Cutthroats, Mercia, and Tycoon fail, that may best predict the end for Home.

Oh, an afterthought:
The Dust and Journey spaces are 2 other recent examples of PS3 game promo spaces in Home. So, game promos are still active, just not the ones many of us want.
Posted Image

Message 18 of 34 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12441 posts

Oct 2, 2012

even GlassWalls agrees with you!

Screenshot_1.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 19 of 34 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Home has become greedy.

Anyways as far as these spaces, the original ones were created to advertise and as promotion.

Consider them as a full interactive commercial.

The rewards are for you to wear and items to show off to your friends, so they can ask you "Hey what's that cool reward?" It's from Resident Evil, maybe you should buy the game :smileywink:

Money.

Message 20 of 34 (126 Views)
0 Likes