Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2007
By: Youthanasia Uncharted Territory 1455 posts

"HOME" sealed it for me, anyone else

34 replies 30 views Edited Mar 14, 2007
Im a huge XboxLive gamer. I almost dont play anything that isnt online. I had a PS3 when it launched and sold it shortly after. Why? because I wasnt impressed with what it currently offered in the ways of games and online play and interface. I knew when I sold it I would buy it again, possibly later in 07.

I saw the leak on IGN about the new HOME online interface. For the first time since XBL launched I was impressed by something not MS as far as online goes. I didnt think there was anyway another company was going to even pry one finger away from MS grip on online gaming. I might have been wrong.

Those who have seen know what Im talking about. The whole thing is quite impressive. Im not saying Im done with XBL, I have made too many good gaming friends with the same likes and gaming taste as me. However, my time spent there is sure to take a big hit. Im sure it will even make my choices harder as to which system to buy a particular game for.

Needless to say, Monday, I went out and bought another PS3. This time, if it sit there collecting dust for 6 months......so be it.

Anyone else impressed with this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5308 posts

Re: "HOME" sealed it for me, anyone else

Mar 14, 2007
Home seems like a very creative way to chat with others in the online community. For me, it's going to be LittleBigWorld, especially if they have online play.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17841 posts

Mar 14, 2007
I already have a PS3 but it's sealed the deal for 2 friends of mine (one's a current XBL user).

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Mar 14, 2007
I hade a PS3 in December and I had no idea something this good was coming. Yes I'm impressed. There are so many things you can do with Home it's going to be awesome whether we will have to pay for it or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
603 posts

Mar 14, 2007
it  didnt seal it for me cause i had mine already but it makes it that much sweeter now its going to be a great feature
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - vernz33
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1314 posts

Mar 14, 2007
Youth, I give you credit for this post.  Not because you are pro ps3 now, but the way that you said it all.  Nothing in the whole post sounded fanboyish or could create a problem or start flamming.  If you would have chose different words it would have caused a fight and thread to get shut down.  One of the better posts I have seen in awhile.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1455 posts

Mar 14, 2007

DJD1 wrote:
I hade a PS3 in December and I had no idea something this good was coming. Yes I'm impressed. There are so many things you can do with Home it's going to be awesome whether we will have to pay for it or not.

It will be free. However you will have to buy certain things to help decorate your place. Same with clothing and accessories.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1455 posts

Mar 14, 2007

*Paulie* wrote:
Youth, I give you credit for this post.  Not because you are pro ps3 now, but the way that you said it all.  Nothing in the whole post sounded fanboyish or could create a problem or start flamming.  If you would have chose different words it would have caused a fight and thread to get shut down.  One of the better posts I have seen in awhile.

Thanks, Im not a fanboy, Im a HUGE game fan though.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Mar 14, 2007
I knew i was in Love the first day i saw Her Sitting the All nice and pretty up for me, waiting for me, now thats called true love
when i bought my PS3 Nov 26, 07 i knew what was to come in the future more and more better thing !!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2504 posts

Mar 14, 2007
Well I had bought one a week before they even officially announced Home but yeah it is a great addition.  It "sealed the deal" for at least one of my friends that has a 360.  He was debating on a Wii or a PS3 and of course now that I showed him Home, he is getting his PS3 this weekend.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (30 Views)
0 Likes