Feb 21 2013
By: MysticMur Fender Bender 1425 posts

nDreams Hacked or XI2 Clues?

[ Edited ]
37 replies 633 views Edited Feb 22, 2013

Not too long ago, I started a thread about what was the possible maximum score for OrbRunning. For avid Orb Runners who compete daily to make the Leader Board, it is important information. We enjoy a friendly camaraderie and competitive spirit. Most of us are just trying to make the board and beat our personal best Orb score. But for some it is serious business, who are vying for top position and highest score ever posted.

My post coincided with the start of XI2. Why is this important? Well a another Forum user reported a score of 55378 by EFD. At first we thought it was a glitch or exploit. But soon another forum member, smokingpistol cracked the mystery. *smokingpistol wrote: EFD= Eat Flaming Death. Its a crew rumored to have stolen Stapler and has dark plans in store for Home. Definitely Xi: Continuum related.* Another forum member, AUdlux even cracked the message. Telling us that 55378 flipped spells BLISS.

Many of us avid Orb Runners have calculated 3000, as what we believe to be the best possible Orb Score. Currently bigDee_1961 holds the all time high score posted of 2850.  So what do we have now, but a new slew of high scores that are not possible to obtain in the Orb game as far as we know. 

IMG_0181.jpg

Feb. 21 scores before 7PM EST reset.

IMG_0180.jpg

Score a couple of days ago, photo supplied by a friend.

So nDeams_Joey can you tell us what is going on? Are these new hints for XI2 Chapter 2? Are these scores possible? Has the game been compromised by user exploits? It is discouraging to see scores, that we believe are fake. Knocking people off the boards, who work hard to stay on the OrbRunner Leaderboards. Your input would be appreciated. 

Mur

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (633 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
6921 posts

Re: nDreams Hacked or XI2 Clues?

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

It has to be something going on from nDreams. Those users in question do not exist as PSN accounts.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (590 Views)
Survivor
1377 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I think that number was 55378.

Whatever nDreams is doing on that board, I wish they'd do it somewhere else.  Dean.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (574 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
6921 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

Whatever nDreams is doing on that board, I wish they'd do it somewhere else.  Dean.

Likewise. I suspect if they did something in say "skyfishing" however it would go completely unnoticed because, well...you know.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (563 Views)
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Feb 21, 2013
We are testing a few things out. Sit tight until the end of March...
nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (525 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
6921 posts

Feb 21, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:
We are testing a few things out. Sit tight until the end of March...

Aww couldn't you do something to mess with the people who play that blimps thing instead?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (517 Views)
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Feb 21, 2013

myalana wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

Likewise. I suspect if they did something in say "skyfishing" however it would go completely unnoticed because, well...you know.

I can't believe people still play Orb Runner.  I've barely even been to Aurora since earning the Champions Apartment months ago, much less played that game again.

And what's up, Dean? 5th place?!?  Pfft, you're slipping. :smileytongue:

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (501 Views)
Fender Bender
1425 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013
Joey, Does this have something to do with updating Orbrunning, with new levels? Or adding the ability to use LMOs in games? I know you probably can't tell us, but just had to ask. And when specifically in March? I know, you probably can't answer that either.

Mur

@Mya - What's wrong with skyfishing?
@Liza - All the cool, lame guys still run Orbs!
Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (484 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
6921 posts

Feb 22, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I can't believe people still play Orb Runner.  I've barely even been to Aurora since earning the Champions Apartment months ago, much less played that game again.

And what's up, Dean? 5th place?!?  Pfft, you're slipping. :smileytongue:

Some of us just don't know when to quit. I myself just play to try to beat Mur and Dean which seems to happen upwards of 2x a month.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (457 Views)
Fender Bender
2436 posts

Feb 22, 2013

MysticMur wrote:

@Liza - All the cool, lame guys still run Orbs!

Even at 5th, Dean is still one of the coolest and lamest guys I know.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (441 Views)