Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 22 2013
By: G-UnitMachineWar First Son 14 posts

my topic is...dating on psh...TBC>

37 replies 630 views Edited Dec 22, 2013

in my opinion i still think people on playstation home that date on there should be sat down with or by message and be told what and when things can go down wrong and like when u might get hurt and ways to prevent things as that stuff from happening! it's funny how some people are desperate for date someone that instant and then to me that's so bad o 0;(! what's the worst part of all i know there could be some where adults dates teens or kids on playstation home and that's so dead wrong i know and i hope people who date on home gets a lesson a learned why dating on home is so bad but society today is somewhat screwed up ik! i think dating on home is stupid and it is bad luck and u get used and that's all i can say about it!

Message 1 of 38 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Re: my topic is...dating on psh...TBC>

Dec 22, 2013

Hmmm... Sure adults dating kids is wrong.  But whats the difference in dating on home and having any other kind of long distance relationship?  Especially if they keep in touch over the phone, or vidchat or other ways outside of home.  I see nothing at all wrong with it.  Everyone that dates on home does it for their own reasons that you probably wouldn't understand, because you don't know them.  So you can't really be judgemental about it.  But if you do happen to see someone you KNOW is an adult dating someone you KNOW is a child...you should report it.  Otherwise, let people do whatever they want, as long as it makes them happy.  Also...I don't think this topic really belongs in the support forums. 

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 38 (620 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4522 posts

Dec 22, 2013

G-UnitMachineWar wrote:

in my opinion i still think people on playstation home that date on there should be sat down with or by message and be told what and when things can go down wrong and like when u might get hurt and ways to prevent things as that stuff from happening! it's funny how some people are desperate for date someone that instant and then to me that's so bad o 0;(! what's the worst part of all i know there could be some where adults dates teens or kids on playstation home and that's so dead wrong i know and i hope people who date on home gets a lesson a learned why dating on home is so bad but society today is somewhat screwed up ik! i think dating on home is stupid and it is bad luck and u get used and that's all i can say about it!

You seem to back up your statement. That is your opinion about Home dating and I'm not gonna change it.  I can agree that it's wrong if one person is lying and misleading another person. But, if it's right, let them date. Who knows if they know each other in real life or not? Don't interfere. 

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 3 of 38 (603 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3720 posts

Dec 22, 2013

Something tells me theres more to this story the OP is not saying

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 4 of 38 (592 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Dec 22, 2013
Home isn't all that different from other online services, but one really weird phenom is the sheer amount of people dating an avatar on home, not the person behind it.
"You're as randomly lethal and entirely confused as you ever were."
Message 5 of 38 (584 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1557 posts

Dec 22, 2013

For some reason this brings back memories of this thread few years back WHY PEOPLE!!! WHY!!! it is a lenghty thread on Cross dressing on Home and Dating is mentioned on there too just thought id throw it out there! been debating on if i wanted to reserect it on its anniversary! 

Raptr Gamercard

The Death of Home is apon us! Deal with it!
I like R2 options!
Message 6 of 38 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1055 posts

Dec 22, 2013

As long as Dating on Home turns out to be a happy and healthy experience for both people involved ; why not.

SVVzeroR : at times, I have wondered about that " phenom." Dating the Avi, not the person behind it.

I guess, I would feel the same as above. Non abusive realtionship. Happy and healthy.

For those who do Date on Home, and something goes astray.

Figure out the how and why, then try to avoid making the same mistake again.

Ah. Virtual World. Virtual people. Virtually impossible to ensure that all goes well.

So, what to do ?

God Bless you all, is my only thought.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 7 of 38 (562 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Dec 22, 2013

It's not always bad; a couple of my good friends met each other in my club a while back (a couple years ago or so), and now they're dating in real life. Unfortunately not everybody on Home will have open and honest relationships which will cause them issues and end friendships.

Nobody should ever play Home searching for a partner.. that's where the line should be drawn. Players should enjoy their time on Home; make friends and focus on having fun! Those specifically searching for love will most likely get hurt.

Message 8 of 38 (559 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Dec 22, 2013

And I've actually known people that met on home, dated for quite some time, who eventually moved in with eachother in the real world and are now happily married.  It may not be a dating service, but you never know where you're going to meet the one, you know?

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 9 of 38 (534 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Dec 22, 2013
Granted, this is Home not eHarmony. But if I that's what they want to do, then who are we to judge? I say live and let live. As long as both people are open and honest with each other, then cool. At least start off as friends first. Why the rush? Let nature take its course and let whatever happens, happens.
Message 10 of 38 (502 Views)