Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: mvp discussion

Jun 13, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

The MVP  program had been created a year before it's initial debut. A lot of things had to be signed off on by Sony corp before it could go public. You were spot on about the HCV program though.  Personally, I left just after the MVP program got under way publically as I was asked to help with the transition.

its

And it's no coincidence the MVP program was conceived the same month Jack Buser gave up on Home and his team was downsized (shortly after the redesign failed).

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 74 (625 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1980 posts

Jun 13, 2014

We are all MVP's and we dont need no silly title/jacket to say come to me for advice. Every Home User has the ability to be a MVP without the title, i know i hae done my fair share of helping around Home.

I will say 90% of all HCV/MVPs from past and present i have met have been in personal spaces or Clubhouses, the odd rarity did i see them in Public but most of the ones i met were very helpful if i had any questions. 

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 74 (610 Views)
Limit Breaker
16422 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Johnny_Bender_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

The MVP  program had been created a year before it's initial debut. A lot of things had to be signed off on by Sony corp before it could go public. You were spot on about the HCV program though.  Personally, I left just after the MVP program got under way publically as I was asked to help with the transition.

its

And it's no coincidence the MVP program was conceived the same month Jack Buser gave up on Home and his team was downsized (shortly after the redesign failed).

Jack was still director of Home. Cade was leading up the MVP program and Paul was being brought along as he was still pretty new coming from moderation.

Jack went from Director of PlayStation Home to Senior Director, PlayStation Digital Platforms and now is Senior Director, PlayStation Now at SCEA. Why don't you use your Main account?! Ugh. Done.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 74 (609 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014
In all my years on home I've never seen one or encountered one.
But I have seen plenty pictures of them here all crowded next to one another displaying their beacons within their own group. As if their own group wasn't already aware they were as such already.

Let me put on the beacon for our group photo opp. :smileyhappy:
Other than that.. Nope. Nada. The forums are proof of how useless and how much benefit the public gets from their so called helping hands. How they love the attention having such icon next to their id. .
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 74 (561 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jun 13, 2014
Every MVP I ran into was a degenerate in some way or another.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 74 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5258 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Thew902 wrote:

And Guides don't always have their jackets on as it's not required.  So there is often more presence than what is perceived.

There is no presence if you're not reprensenting. If you're not sporting the gear, than you're just another user. You're right, it's not required. The fact is, once the honeymoon phase is over, most don't, therefore, no presence.
This seems to be a double edged sword.  There is criticism that one shouldn't be a MVP because they don't play games and only use Home.  Then there is criticism that we aren't visible enough, because at times we wish to play other games.  So what is it?

The answer is obvious, if you're reffering to being an MVP in general. If the only reason you have a PS3 is for Home than you shouldn't be one.

What is an MVP?

An MVP is a regular and dedicated PlayStation user that helps to support PlayStation Network by playing proactive roles during events, generating useful resources for the community, and providing feedback to PlayStation from their perspective as engaged gamers on PSN.

Personally, I've found watching from the sidelines to be a bit more effective and discretely PMing when necessary.  The jacket (and most definitely beacon) often attract negative energy.  I still wear it at times, but I may choose to help those around me without the label. 

This comment right here only validates what people have been saying. If you're helping people without the jacket and beacon, then is there really a need for it? I think not. Is there a need for the program itself? No.

By trying to defend the program, you actaully confirmed how worthless the program is. Not one person on here made a valid argument for the justification of the program. People can try to defend it all they want, but the reality is, you can't defend the obvious.

Afterall, the program is more largely involved than just the Home section.  MVPs don't "hide" in the private forum all day.  There are actual tasks at hand and a purpose.

Let's not confuse the two. The topic at hand is MVP/Guides, not MVP's in general. If it doesn't involve Home, than it's irrelevant to this thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 74 (503 Views)
Gaming Beast
1645 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Thew902 wrote:

Accidental-Donut wrote:
You certainly do not need a HCV or a MVP to explain where things are , or how to get things done (sorry to burst any bubbles) , i'm sure any upstanding home citizen would be glad to help out where possible

And Guides don't always have their jackets on as it's not required.  So there is often more presence than what is perceived.

This seems to be a double edged sword.  There is criticism that one shouldn't be a MVP because they don't play games and only use Home.  Then there is criticism that we aren't visible enough, because at times we wish to play other games.  So what is it?

Personally, I've found watching from the sidelines to be a bit more effective and discretely PMing when necessary.  The jacket (and most definitely beacon) often attract negative energy.  I still wear it at times, but I may choose to help those around me without the label.  Afterall, the program is more largely involved than just the Home section.  MVPs don't "hide" in the private forum all day.  There are actual tasks at hand and a purpose.

I just want to say that there are helpful MVP's and to critizize them all is an insult to the good ones. I cant remember them all but Thew, lil Blue eyes, Stephie Rawks and others have helped me before.  So lets remember that in everything there is good and bad but cant negate good because of a few bad apples.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 74 (467 Views)
PlayStation MVP
220 posts

Jun 13, 2014
When I was a MVP/HCV I would help anyone that needed it....I would check the forums looking for people who needed tours and had questions...I loved helping others and seeing people enjoy themselves on Home
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 74 (463 Views)
Gaming Beast
1645 posts

Jun 13, 2014

Actually I did like the way the icon looked that they used to wear.  But after seeing how much abuse that conrad max took at Godfathers space I can see that maybe it is a magnet for abuse.  I will give him credit for remaining stoic among the abuse.  For a while you could count on seeing him there every day. This was in the old days lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 74 (451 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4235 posts

Jun 13, 2014
Thanks Dawna, happy to help!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 74 (436 Views)