Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: Concerned Parent Of Ps Home User

Oct 30, 2013
Home itself isn't the problem it's the community if although if Sony dealt with this accordingly these pedophiles wouldn't be on home and their IPs would be forwarded to the authorities and seems like even the ones who aren't pedophiles are partly bullies... People seem to be getting aggressive with me and why because I'm concerned for my daughter? Any of you wouldn't do the same for your daughter?
Message 41 of 94 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

ConcernedParent7 wrote:
Sony needs to work out the kinks in Home before it will ever be respected as a game and only then the users will come back.

Home isn't a game. It's a social venue for gamers to meet and interact.

Home isn't perfect but the kinks you're talking about are mostly teenagers with hyperactive hormones. They don't need to be on home to encounter that behavior. They can encounter that in school and any social venue in real life. You better not let your daughter date, go to dances or hang out in the school yard after school. Heaven forbid they might ask her to skype when she gets home and try to get her to engage in what you'd consider inappropriate behavior. 

Teach them values and how to react and you shouldn't have to worry. 

Message 42 of 94 (115 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Oct 31, 2013

myalana wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

ConcernedParent7 wrote:
Sony needs to work out the kinks in Home before it will ever be respected as a game and only then the users will come back.

If home is sooooo horrible, why do you let your children on it? 

Exactly. Exercise some parental control and mark this as the solution.

I'm not so sure they ever were Looking for a solution given how strong their opinion is about home while they admit they hardly ever actually use it. 

Message 43 of 94 (113 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Why would I use something with such degenerates like Home? I don't need to join the Hell Angels to know its a bad organization, same idea applies to Home in this situation.
Message 44 of 94 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Oct 31, 2013

You know what's worse than pervs and pedophiles on home, trolls lol

Message 45 of 94 (101 Views)
Limit Breaker
16554 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Prism, Everyone see's what they want to see. A lot of good feedback here and see it how you will and hopefully take the info and use it wisely. Yet, I think I will call it done. take care.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 46 of 94 (98 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Oct 31, 2013
.... I'm scared to find out what a troll is... But I guess the more you know the safer you can be... What is a troll it I may ask?
Message 47 of 94 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
261 posts

Oct 31, 2013

..Kk..at this point i think we're bein played..just my opinion tho -_-

A Citizen of Anor Londo..
Message 48 of 94 (91 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Oct 31, 2013

ConcernedParent7 wrote:
.... I'm scared to find out what a troll is... But I guess the more you know the safer you can be... What is a troll it I may ask?

Oh, you don't want to really know, they're spooky scary creatures that dwell on home and sometimes EVEN the forums. They come out at night, some are even bold and come out during they day, and they torture and tear apart all the innocents. It's HORRIBLE! 

Message 49 of 94 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Oct 31, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

KIoey wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

ConcernedParent7 wrote:
I know Joanna but for some reason they seemed to be attracted more and more to social networks such as Home, especially since identity can be hidden so well unlike Facebook and it seems like I'm not the only one who feels this way about it. Like a previous posters has said it's gotten even worse since I've tried it four or five years ago. It's starting to feel like this is a common opinion about the Home community.

If you were truly around 4 or 5 years ago, you'd know it was WAY WAY Worse back then lol. 

Nah it wasn't...although I had the misfortune of meeting a few terrible people back then that ruined my Home experience. You know, the glitch junkies that started out in Central Plaza and everyone who couldn't glitch was a noob? Yeah, those kind of people. Morons never played a game though...they sure knew all the glitches in Home but if you asked them for advice on a boss battle you were **bleep** outta luck.

you don't remember open mics, all the racism and sexual comments being spewed by every other person you saw. you couldn't sit down at a single seat in the theatre without someone crouching in front of you and saying profane things. It was everywhere, you really don't encounter as much now. From a guys perspective it may be different, but from a girls, it was way worse back then. Also, as joanna pointed out, we now have tools that can make it so we don't have to listen to people, tools that make their avatar pushed away from our. Back then, we didn't have that. you were forced to move or leave the space. Oh and the fact that leaving a space didn't really mean you could get away, I mean GOD, there were only 4 spaces, pretty easy to find the person you were harrassing back then. It was deal with the harrassment or give up home. Many people left. IMO Home is 100X better now. 

I never had many problems with any of that. Of course I usually stuck around the mall or Central Plaza and trolled most anyone. I never really had/have issues with anyone like that. It's just far too easy to troll them. Also, putting them on your ignore list back then did effectively stop their chat or the open mics.

Complete global saturation.
Message 50 of 94 (84 Views)
0 Likes