Sep 05 2007
By: stickyblah Sackboy 458 posts

interesting little tidbit......

5 replies 3 views Edited Sep 5, 2007
seeing as though not much goes on on these forums except speculating about when the release is, I thought I would tell you about a random little Home related tidbit. If you look in the most recent GameInformer magazine inside there is an interview with Reggie(president of Nintendo of America) and when asked about a question regarding Home he says that  "I think it's been done before, It's called Second Life".

well this is just useless info,but I thought I should share it.
3 Out Of 2 People Don't Understand Fractions. My ID is stickyblah feel free to add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Re: interesting little tidbit......

Sep 5, 2007

StickyBlah wrote:
seeing as though not much goes on on these forums except speculating about when the release is, I thought I would tell you about a random little Home related tidbit. If you look in the most recent GameInformer magazine inside there is an interview with Reggie(president of Nintendo of America) and when asked about a question regarding Home he says that  "I think it's been done before, It's called Second Life".

well this is just useless info,but I thought I should share it.

I think he sounds just a bit snooty that he didn't think of it.

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 5, 2007
It has been done before. All Home is going to be is a 3-D XMB. Sony isn't hyping it up because they know it isn't going to live up to all the hype the public has cast on it. I mean look around you see threads about people wanting cars, jobs,stadiums,airports,and other ridiculous things like that. It's a service to meet up with other players in a general lobby type atmosphere. Once you gain friends you can go to private areas too. (sounds more like a strip club than home)
All these hyped up people are in for a BIG let down if they keep putting up on a pedestool the way they have been.
I do blame SONY mainly because of their LACK of press releases of content. I don't think it will be ready until APRIL of next year. I think SONY has once again set the bar too high and none of them know how to jump.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2269 posts

Sep 5, 2007

HOO-FLUNG-POO wrote:
It has been done before. All Home is going to be is a 3-D XMB. Sony isn't hyping it up because they know it isn't going to live up to all the hype the public has cast on it. I mean look around you see threads about people wanting cars, jobs,stadiums,airports,and other ridiculous things like that. It's a service to meet up with other players in a general lobby type atmosphere. Once you gain friends you can go to private areas too. (sounds more like a strip club than home)
All these hyped up people are in for a BIG let down if they keep putting up on a pedestool the way they have been.
I do blame SONY mainly because of their LACK of press releases of content. I don't think it will be ready until APRIL of next year. I think SONY has once again set the bar too high and none of them know how to jump.

Well put.
Andre Nickatina kidddddddddddddddddd, tell me where your sista livveeeeeeeeeeeeee
------
PS3 - $600
Resistance Fall of Man - $60
Finding out Bill Gates is in your clan - Priceless
------

Help start up a community gamer site...go to www.gamernn.com and submit how you would like to contribute to an Open-Network of game reviews, game videos, gamer blogs, and tournaments. Gamer News Network : www.gamernn.com and also www.PS3nn.com (redirect to Gamer News Network)
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Sep 5, 2007
has anyone here ever played second life? it is terrible. absouletely horrible. i don't understand why it's so popular, but i think it worth noting that a wide percentage of its users are pre-teen girls.

so the fact that "second life was there first" is a completely moot point: just because something has already been done doesn't mean it shouldn't be done again. anything to push second life out of the spotlight. what an abomination of coding.

so therefore my opinion is that only someone who has nothing better to show you would play the "it's already been done" card. instead of stating the obvious they should come up with their own damn ideas or do as sony has done and take an old idea and make it better.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Sep 6, 2007
i find that funny home is nothing like second life. i think nintendo is jealous
PSN: XxAvEnGeRxX
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (3 Views)
0 Likes