Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2007
By: Popcornman Lombax Warrior 268 posts

im afraid what might happen to quick chat

13 replies 31 views Edited Mar 25, 2007
has anyone considered spamers getting ahold of it its a scary thought>.> what do u guys think?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19276 posts

Re: im afraid what might happen to quick chat

Mar 25, 2007
i was thinking the same thing               
click for candy
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Mar 25, 2007
Oh it's going to happen, look at habbo hotel. They will most likely implement a flood filter. that would solve the problem. And if yo ntice in the demos, the quick chat is only visible if you are within proximity of the character using it.
Two years he walks the earth.
No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, 'cause "the West is the best." And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the Great White North. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Mar 25, 2007
hopefully they will have a ban program for that kind of stuff><
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Mar 26, 2007
well hopefully theyll have a place where there are little options about surrounding players, or just all players youve met.  and thru that they could have "ignore/mute this player" which doesnt actually mute em so they cant talk, it would just not let the mindless spamming pop up on your screen personally

i think thats rather reasonable to do because many things already have block player type things in them
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Mar 26, 2007
ooo! i know maybe they can do like they do on aim and have a post level so u cant post a billion spams and when you do spam and excede the chat level you get your chat privleges suspended for a while?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Popcornman68 wrote:
ooo! i know maybe they can do like they do on aim and have a post level so u cant post a billion spams and when you do spam and excede the chat level you get your chat privleges suspended for a while?

That wouldn't work as the whole Idea is to unite gamers all over the world, and to do that you need to be able to speak, plus I really don't understand the complaint any way, as if a person spams, its like you can walk away, its not like it follows you or anything, and with that being said, I really can't imagine anyone taking the time to spam or anything as it doesn't follow you or really bother you in any way, spamming, trolling, flaming, are all done for a reason, and I can't see a reason to do it in Home
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2040 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I hope  Home will have using black list and block spammer ppl alike  FFXI chat.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I'm more concerned about spazzes with mics

The last thing I want is for some kid with ADHD running around yelling

"Where's ma pills!?"    All day

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
553 posts

Mar 26, 2007
Not as bad as people who put stereos next to their headsets and play their crappy music to the rest of the squad so we can't hear eachother.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (31 Views)
0 Likes